Ken fears no one

Kenny Shams

Ken always knew how to sell a fight, he made me a fan (of the UFC) back when he first fought Tito. Ken coming out of pro wrestling to fight Tito was a big draw for the UFC, brought in a whole new audience. Think he was the first WWE guy to “crossover” sure he’s a UFC pioneer, but dude did a lot for the UFC both before and after the no rules days.

Fell off harder than Mel Gibson from a bar stool, but before that I remember renting those old VHS tapes in the mid 90’s to mixed reviews, the “no time limit“ grappler vs grappler matches kinda sucked the entertainment value out of it for a 10 year old.

Ken sold me to the MMA world.

lolz... @John Mabrey @Revolver @SIRGAY HARITONOB! @Bang Bang @TEKNO TEAM 2000

edit: wait how the hell did I get in this forum?
0d0aec7f98e42217e5ca6bc9f4c17279--funny-happy-birthday-pictures-funny-happy-birthdays.jpg

I swear that was not intentional I never post outside the OT... unless someone tags me and even then I usually don’t show up till days later lolz^5

I'm glad I never liked Ken. But I'm sad that I liked Tito until he started ducking Chuck.

he gets nervous when he needs to talk live, wasn't it always like that? at least i remember always thinking he dude seemed pretty stupid. he was a hell of a fighter in his prime though.

I still think prime Ken at HW mops the floor with Tito.
nah lots guys think mma guys r like boxers who have primes early on where as boxers grow uo boxing so they already have their skills going in shamrock in his "prime" only had a few years training lol he was a better fighter in 2005 than eh was at the start due to having years of technical info by that point . thats why so many mma guys do better n their 30s than 20s due to being much more technical later they go

nah lots guys think mma guys r like boxers who have primes early on where as boxers grow uo boxing so they already have their skills going in shamrock in his "prime" only had a few years training lol he was a better fighter in 2005 than eh was at the start due to having years of technical info by that point . thats why so many mma guys do better n their 30s than 20s due to being much more technical later they go

Not exactly.

Ken from 1993 to 1996 had almost no striking skills, but was a decent wrestler with some submission skills for that time. His cardio was average back then.

Ken from 2000 onwards developed some rudimentary boxing and knee strikes, but his wrestling declined badly. His cardio was poor, too.

So it's a lateral move from the standpoint of his skills.

Ken always knew how to sell a fight, he made me a fan (of the UFC) back when he first fought Tito. Ken coming out of pro wrestling to fight Tito was a big draw for the UFC, brought in a whole new audience. Think he was the first WWE guy to “crossover” sure he’s a UFC pioneer, but dude did a lot for the UFC both before and after the no rules days.

Fell off harder than Mel Gibson from a bar stool, but before that I remember renting those old VHS tapes in the mid 90’s to mixed reviews, the “no time limit“ grappler vs grappler matches kinda sucked the entertainment value out of it for a 10 year old.

Ken sold me to the MMA world.

To be fair, I don't think any 1st generation NHB fighters could take a 4-year layoff, come back in their late 30s to a much more highly evolved sport (now MMA by early 2000s) and have any real success. Bas Rutten is remembered more fondly than Ken because he retired young and his one and only comeback fight was against Warpath.

Not exactly.

Ken from 1993 to 1996 had almost no striking skills, but was a decent wrestler with some submission skills for that time. His cardio was average back then.

There was no one between 1993 and 1996 that was anything close to well-rounded by modern standards, though. Marco Ruas was probably the closest (pretty good striker, at least leg kicks, and submission skills) but his TDD was awful. A 200-pound Oleg Taktarov (great submissions but weak wrestling) took him down and either beat him twice or had one win and one draw with him (I can't remember which). Shamrock beat up the same Oleg pretty badly.

Back