Kenny Florian Knows Three Fighters Who Could Beat Khabib

You know Khabib is a badass when you have to name the WW GOAT to be a LW. Hall and Gaethje though? WTF?

I know i just read what you said but name 1 person who has beat or did anything to him in MMA? dont go to the fact he hasnt fought anyone
Alright I won't but everyone he has beaten is certainly NOWHERE near Khabib's level. The very thought is laughable.

Alright I won't but everyone he has beaten is certainly NOWHERE near Khabib's level. The very thought is laughable.
Haha i know. Ryan hall beating khabib? Florian only likes him because he resembles himself by not looking like a real fighter and being more on the jeeky side and no way do i think Ryan fucking hall has a chance. "Ragdolled" if i was psychic

Thought the list was going to be Usman, Colby GSP but Ryan fucking hall ?! I hope he is trolling kenflo and it's not the CTE talking

Ryan Hall possibly on the ground but somebody has to do some damage to him on the feet 1st to even stand a chance.

Tony & Conor with more urgency/better game plan are still the top 2 to stand a chance.

absolutely. Khabib has done nothing that would make me think we would stand even a little chance against GSP right now, let alone in hid prime. George has shown time and time again that he is capable and willing to beat people at their own game. khabib is literally less skilled in every single department. Outside of a great chin and great cardio, nothing he does would faze GSP. Just saying
Well, “stand even a little chance”? Khabib has never lost in what, 27 fights? To give him that little credit is foolish. I doubt the fight will ever happen, but if it does, I think khabib would be a betting favorite.

What a shite list. He's basically picked 3 guys that will likely never fight Khabib so it's impossible for him to be wrong.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Brian Ortega. Complete nightmare opponent for Khabib imo. He's a reactive submission artist that is lethal off his back and in scrambles. Every take down attempt, every clinch khabib initiates he is putting himself at risk. His stand up has gotten better with every fight and I'd definitely give him the edge over khabib there. His cardio has been great too, he has always outlasted his opponents. And he's got a Mexican chin to boot. No way is khabib subbing him or stopping him with gnp. He's got to go 5 rounds with Ortega imo and it could get rocky in round 3 and beyond.

I can see how stylistically Ryan Hall could beat him, but the size difference would be huge.

Well, “stand even a little chance”? Khabib has never lost in what, 27 fights? To give him that little credit is foolish. I doubt the fight will ever happen, but if it does, I think khabib would be a betting favorite.
you havent seen very many GSP fights. its very clear now

I think Ryan Hall is one of the best featherweights in the UFC and would definitely give Khabib problems. His grappling game is crazy and his standup game based almost entirely around kicks would make it difficult for Khabib to walk him down and enter the grappling exchanges on his own terms.

But we're apparently not supposed to like Ryan Hall on this forum so, haha Ryan Hall sux, lol.

lol Look at Justin's D1 wrestling credentials. Khabob has never fought anyone even close to Gaethje's level.

Add to that Justin's one-punch KO power, decent hands and relentless, pressuring style and you have the one guy at 55 that could not only beat Khabib but could make it look pretty easy.

(And don't sleep on Dustin. If Khabib gets the win it's only going to be via a close decision. I'm leaning towards Dustin with a finish in the 4th or 5th.)

I agree. I’m sure many will flame away or sell Gaethje short. I would not call Gaethje beating Khabib a lock by any means, but I think he is probably the most dangerous fight Khabib could take at 155, including Tony Ferguson.
(And I LOVE Tony, but he doesn’t match up well with Khabib and his wild style in which he is willing to put himself in risky positions and rely on his BJJ plays into Khabib’s strengths).

Gaethje has the wrestling to survive, potentially long enough to hurt Khabib standing. I can’t say that about anyone else at 155. Justin has serious power, his leg kicks could slow Khabib down enough to help land the big shot (maybe mid-late rounds).

To the people saying who has Justin taken down- who has KEPT Justin down? I know Khabib would get him down, I don’t think he will keep him there, and I do believe Justin has the punching power to hurt Khabib and finish him.

Is GSP a better all around martial artist than Khabib? Yes, & I think GSP is the GOAT. But people think just because GSP walks around at 185 that he can make 155 easily, because some other guys walk around at 185 or even 190 supposedly & can make 155. Khabib walking around at 190 has much more fat than GSP walking around at 185, its not even close. GSP, even at weigh ins for 170, is shredded with very low body fat already, & looks to have less body fat than Khabib when Khabib has to weigh in at 155. The idea that GSP can cut another 15 lbs easily is misguided, & its harder for old guys who are not used to cutting to 155, to all of a sudden start (isn't GSP close to 40 now?). GSP stays in great shape yr round, even when he's walking around at 185. If GSP is gonna fight Khabib, I think GSP wants it at 155 so he can be the first ever 3 weight world champ in big league MMA, I don't think GSP would want a non title fight vs Khabib. GSP can make weight, but it will affect his performance a lot more than people think, because even at weigh ins for 170, he's already at low body fat, nevermind cutting another 15 lbs
I agree with most of this, GSP would not be GSP if he had to make a cut like that at his age but if this fight ever happens at 155 (which I think there is approximately 0% chance) GSP ain’t cutting from 185.

He will colitis his way down to 175 or so over a long time (probably holding up the division like he did for the Bisping fight) and make a more attainable cut, probably doing a practice cut first.
Which is why it will never happen, because the UFC won’t want to skip the other big fights to make this and GSP would need a year notice and a guarantee to fight Khabib for the belt (meaning fuck everyone else Khabib would have to wait).

It is never going to happen.

"Kenny Florian Knows Three Fighters Who Could Beat Khabib"

And We ALL know 50 Fighters Who Could Beat Kenny Florian!!
;)

Back