Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

Pull 'er off and sell it to supplement another build/purchase. :)

Probably get an easy $100 for the SBA3 on Armslist.

Do people really spend that much on armslist?

I need to start buying and flipping accessories. I got mine for $70.

Shit I should have sold my dead air muzzle devices a few weeks back. People were paying $300 for them.

Pull 'er off and sell it to supplement another build/purchase. :)

Probably get an easy $100 for the SBA3 on Armslist.
Damn. I have 2 sitting on a shelf....black and fde.

Do people really spend that much on armslist?

I need to start buying and flipping accessories. I got mine for $70.

Where'd you find it for $70? Was it just the brace or also the buffer tube?

Depends. It's been a while since I sold one on armslist . . . but I sold it for right at $100.

Shit I should have sold my dead air muzzle devices a few weeks back. People were paying $300 for them.

I've sold more on an Oklahoma gun forum lately than anywhere.

Damn. I have 2 sitting on a shelf....black and fde.

Heh . . . if you're not using them I'd definitely try to sell on armslist. Nothing says you have to if you can't get your money back or make a little. :)

Heh . . . if you're not using them I'd definitely try to sell on armslist. Nothing says you have to if you can't get your money back or make a little. :)
I only used them until my stamps came back. I did 4 sbr's the past year....probably done with that now. Might sell them.

Where'd you find it for $70? Was it just the brace or also the buffer tube?

Depends. It's been a while since I sold one on armslist . . . but I sold it for right at $100.

I've sold more on an Oklahoma gun forum lately than anywhere.

Just the brace, I don't remember tbh but it was $69.99 shipped.

I know primary arms has had it $79 ($89 shipped) for everything.

I only used them until my stamps came back. I did 4 sbr's the past year....probably done with that now. Might sell them.

Dang 4?

What calibers?

Dang 4?

What calibers?
All 5.56. Different set ups. One is set up for coyote hunting. One is a lightweight. One home defense. And the other just because.

Ive had Ar's for years but moved to va last yr and just kinda went crazy. I still have one stripped lower sitting in my safe.

All 5.56. Different set ups. One is set up for coyote hunting. One is a lightweight. One home defense. And the other just because.

Ive had Ar's for years but moved to va last yr and just kinda went crazy. I still have one stripped lower sitting in my safe.

Nice . . . I have a couple of stripped Aero M4E1s and some raw 80% lowers left that I need to find projects for . . . was almost ready to build a 450 Bushmaster, but didn't pull the trigger on buying the barrel, BCG, muzzle break and handguard.

Just the brace, I don't remember tbh but it was $69.99 shipped.

I know primary arms has had it $79 ($89 shipped) for everything.

Primary Arms is hard to beat for several items.

Nice . . . I have a couple of stripped Aero M4E1s and some raw 80% lowers left that I need to find projects for . . . was almost ready to build a 450 Bushmaster, but didn't pull the trigger on buying the barrel, BCG, muzzle break and handguard.
I joke on here....but it does get expensive. The optics especially can be ridiculous.

I joke on here....but it does get expensive. The optics especially can be ridiculous.

I have my FFL and even then it can be pricey for some items. :)

I wouldn't mind trying the sure fire or the other one at some point.

Ordered my BCM FSB, gas tube taper pins and fsp, detent etc today. Waiting on the barrel to ship from criterion. Can't wait to get this one together.

Also want to try that Primary Arms GLX 2x prism scope on it.

I wanna be interested, but folding stocks on an AR just don't seem right.

That's what I thought about both the BFS and the folding stock adapter . . . until I owned one of each. :)

Was finally able to get a good picture of my TA44 acss reticle.

The problem my phone was having is it didn't like the bright illumination from the reticle, it will take pictures pretty well from inside while aiming outside with less light reaching the fiber optic.

zH4BfVE.jpg

tVQf2Ai.jpg

2MNC0fN.jpg

PDLsclH.jpg

@RerouteToRemain

What are the pros and cons of an SBR .300 Blackout vs. a braced pistol? Suppressed, of course.

If you do it, build, don't buy. 1 month wait for eform to build vs 1 year wait..

Really the only pro is it's an actual stock and one of your choosing/preference. The SBA3 is pretty good but I don't find it as comfortable. The cool factor of an sbr as well.

Cons is $200 stamp and paperwork. Approval for it is like 20-30 days or so.

Last edited:
Back