Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

If you do it, build, don't buy. 1 month wait for eform to build vs 1 year wait..

Really the only pro is it's an actual stock and one of your choosing/preference. The SBA3 is pretty good but I don't find it as comfortable. The cool factor of an sbr as well.

Cons is $200 stamp and paperwork. Approval for it is like 20-30 days, so
I think the sba3 is the best brace available....but it's still not a true stock. For me...the best part about a brace is being able to shoot the gun while waiting for the the stamp to come back.

Did you have an update on this thing? You sent it into gibbz, was there anything else you did. Is it functioning?

It got entirely dissembled and the new charging latch was installed. I was about to take 'er back out for a function check when lockdown hit.

I'm confident it'll be gtg. I think I may have snugged the old charging latch down too much when trying to prevent it coming loose upon recoil. That said, a substitute lefty 6.8 bolt arrived yesterday. Figured if I don't need one now I might later, and who knows if they'll still be made. And if they are, wouldn't surprise me if gun control changes tactics and pushes to have parts like bolts and barrels become serialized. So instead of needing to go to the FFL for a frame/receiver, it's be for the shit you can't 3D print or mill out on your own with a drill press and a dremel.

I also picked up a .223 Wylde barrel from AR15performance.com for similar reasons.

Well I got a screaming deal on what appears to be a discontinued Wilson combat barrel. 11.0 5.56 stainless barrel, heavy profile and 5/8x24 thread. I assume it was a supressor specific barrel they used to make but can't find info. It's replacing the barrel in my 10.5.

Which means my 13.9 core barrel is the start of a new gun. Oops. Slowly grabbing parts for it.

Also ordered some mk318 mod 1 ammo for my loaded defense mags.

That wilson combat barrel is massively overgassed with a geissele spring and a spikes stt2 buffer. Tried it on one of my vltor A5 lower and it was perfect. I'll end up getting a h3 buffer for it.

13.9 core series criterion arrived and it's beautiful. I have it installed in my Zev upper waiting on a zev handguard. I have a mega ambi lower coming (the last one Rainier arms had).

The upper and lower fit together so tightly that I can turn it upside down with the barrel in the upper receiver and no pins inserted and the two will not fall apart unless shaken vigorously.

I also got some pin gauges to measure some of the bolt carrier dimensions (bolt shoulder support, gas ring run, bolt tail seal, gas key) and to measure the take down pin holes.

I have not measured all my carriers but the radian measured .5015 at the gas rings (spec is .500) and .2525 at the bolt tail.

I have an upper that will take .2535 pin through the takedown holes which is crazy loose. It's interesting what you can find when you have the tools to measure things.

The upper and lower fit together so tightly that I can turn it upside down with the barrel in the upper receiver and no pins inserted and the two will not fall apart unless shaken vigorously.

I also got some pin gauges to measure some of the bolt carrier dimensions (bolt shoulder support, gas ring run, bolt tail seal, gas key) and to measure the take down pin holes.

I have not measured all my carriers but the radian measured .5015 at the gas rings (spec is .500) and .2525 at the bolt tail.

I have an upper that will take .2535 pin through the takedown holes which is crazy loose. It's interesting what you can find when you have the tools to measure things.
I started a build with a mega lower and one of those mega uppers from jse surplus. I have to smack the hand guard a few times to get them to separate, it’s way tight

This is how my matched noveske set was until I got it cerakoted.

It'd mean my AimPoint would end up on the 10.5" which frankly makes sense.
One of their micro models I assume?
I have a PRO but always use the carry handle instead on my 6921.

I like Spike's. Wangs or no wangs. :D
I like them too. Based in Florida and the only other company besides BCM that checked all the boxes on the old M4 chart. And it'll be going on an Aero lower so only dueling dicks are hidden by the charging handle.

Back