Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

I won't order shit from optics planet.

Got another Hodge 11.5 S lock ordered today. Mod 2 receivers coming soon, 12.5 hodge barrel is already here, once receivers arrive they are going to Roman arms for cerakote.
I'm getting close to that now too.

They had a Sons of Liberty Gun Works barrel for sale on DVOR. I bought one... now I hear THEY'RE FUCKING BACK ORDERED UNTIL APRIL!

EDIT:
Cancelled the order. Found a comparable barrel from Ballistic Advantage that was in stock right now.

Last edited:
I'm getting close to that now too.

They had a Sons of Liberty Gun Works barrel for sale on DVOR. I bought one... now I hear THEY'RE FUCKING BACK ORDERED UNTIL APRIL!

EDIT:
Cancelled the order. Found a comparable barrel from Ballistic Advantage that was in stock right now.

Lol warned you about anything saying 4-6 weeks from them atm.

I won't order shit from optics planet.

Got another Hodge 11.5 S lock ordered today. Mod 2 receivers coming soon, 12.5 hodge barrel is already here, once receivers arrive they are going to Roman arms for cerakote.

As long as you check availability and it lists products in stock it will ship quickly. If it says expected to ship in x amount of time it's not actually in stock and who knows when it actually will.

Lol warned you about anything saying 4-6 weeks from them atm.
In my defense I made the assumption that if it was on DVOR it meant they had it. They shipped my trigger... but I'm still waiting on the extended magazine release buttons I ordered... may cancel those and order direct from OdinWorks if they have them.

EDIT:
Cancelled the extended mag button order and grabbed them direct from OdinWorks.

Last edited:
That Ballistic Advantage barrel with Honey installed on Chrome also cost less than the Sons of Liberty one that I was waiting on from DVOR.

That Ballistic Advantage barrel with Honey installed on Chrome

wut_879.jpg

Honey is an app you can add to like Google Chrome that automatically searches for discount codes. That Ballistic Advantage barrel, buying direct from them, WITH SHIPPING COSTS, was less than what the SoLGW barrel from DVOR would have been because of Honey.

Honey is an app you can add to like Google Chrome that automatically searches for discount codes. That Ballistic Advantage barrel, buying direct from them, WITH SHIPPING COSTS, was less than what the SoLGW barrel from DVOR would have been because of Honey.

Ohhh ok. HONEY as a code gets you 5% off at optics planet.

As long as you check availability and it lists products in stock it will ship quickly. If it says expected to ship in x amount of time it's not actually in stock and who knows when it actually will.
Ah shit I just ordered a Troy Alpha handguard that said "Ships in 5-7 days". When I contacted Troy Industries they were out of stock and refered me to Optics Planet. It was on sale too.

Last edited:
Ah shit I just ordered a Troy Alpha handguard that said "Ships in 5-7 days". When I contacted Troy Industries they were out of stock and refered me to Optics Planet. It was on sale too.

With that short of a timeline it's possible it will ship in a week or 2. They have a lot of distributors they work with.

Vltor spring and Nox ordered.

Only a mag catch, Hodge gas block (not out yet) and bcg (sionics or hodge and not available yet) left to get

It's a new inconel pinnable gas block. Hodge logo etc. It's super nice looking.

The SLR 7 titanium pinnable is my back up option.

IH5Qnls.jpg

hCd8bVu.jpg

Handguards are just mocked up. I took the picture of the Radian prior to installing the gas block. Everything is installed just need to torque everything down. I don't really like my torque wrench so I'm going to borrow one and probably get everything buttoned up later this week.

Still waiting on my Eotech for the Radian.

Just picked up a wheeler digital trigger guage.

Triggertech diamond 300 blk 1lb 9oz

Triggertech diamond 6.5cm 1lb 6oz

Hi-speed national match 1lb 14oz

SD-E 2lb 9oz

SSA-E 3lb 3oz

SD-3G 2lb 7oz

KAC SR15 4lb 5oz

CZ Scorpion Timney trigger 2lb 10oz

CZ TSO 1lb 12oz

M&P 9 pc w/ apex 3lb

S&W shield w/ apex 3lb 9oz

P320 Legion 3lb 13oz