Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

Advise needed....

I am in the middle of my AR-10 build and have a question on what I should prioritize next.

I have a barrel, the completed lower, a Geissele trigger I want to swap into it and nothing else for it. I figure the gas block/tube I can buy last so this is where I am now:

Do I get a complete upper from PSA to match with my PSA lower, then get a handguard

Do I find the optic I want (Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP)

Or... do I say fuck it and wait for potential sales around the 4th of July for those and then grab a chassis for the dormant R700 project of mine?

If you're wanting to get it ready to play with and have some extra flip up sights laying around I'd buy everything but the optic now.

I've added a Guntec upper to a PSA lower in the past. Looks fine IMO.

I sold my Aero Precision M5 Creedmoor build a while back and decided to use parts I hand on hand to start another one with a Guntec upper and Noreen Lower. I'm saving the PSA lower I have for something else. I think.

If you're wanting to get it ready to play with and have some extra flip up sights laying around I'd buy everything but the optic now.

I've added a Guntec upper to a PSA lower in the past. Looks fine IMO.

I sold my Aero Precision M5 Creedmoor build a while back and decided to use parts I hand on hand to start another one with a Guntec upper and Noreen Lower. I'm saving the PSA lower I have for something else. I think.
AR10s are annoying with how they aren't standardized the way that AR15s are.

Who here kept telling me to get a DeadAir set up for my guns? Dumb question, say I get the Sandman - Ti..... as long as I have the proper muzzle device can I take it from my 5.56 AR15 to my .308 AR10? Or do I need to swap out baffles/end caps?

Who here kept telling me to get a DeadAir set up for my guns? Dumb question, say I get the Sandman - Ti..... as long as I have the proper muzzle device can I take it from my 5.56 AR15 to my .308 AR10? Or do I need to swap out baffles/end caps?

My AAC-762 SD works on either as long as I have the appropriate QD muzzle device. So I'd imagine if the Sandman is rated for .308 or above it would work the same for you.

My AAC-762 SD works on either as long as I have the appropriate QD muzzle device. So I'd imagine if the Sandman is rated for .308 or above it would work the same for you.
Sandman is rated to .300 WinMag. I shot them an email asking if I had to worry about end caps being swapped out and such.

Think I'm going to get my Saker Trifecta removed and just get Sandman brakes put on all my guns going forward that way I can swap the can from my 5.56 to my .308 and back again

Me.

Baffles don't change.

Yes you can. It comes with a .30 cal end cap. You can buy .223 end caps or their new E brake. You don't need them though

Me.

Baffles don't change.

Yes you can. It comes with a .30 cal end cap. You can buy .223 end caps or their new E brake. You don't need them though
Yeah, just read a write up on them and saw their Nomad can comes with a mounting system that works with old SilencerCo mounting systems so maybe I can avoid having to change out my barrel completely on my 14.5" as it's a nice Faxon pencil barrel. Might end up with 2 cans... the one for my 14.5 and a Sandman for all the other guns.

Yeah, just read a write up on them and saw their Nomad can comes with a mounting system that works with old SilencerCo mounting systems so maybe I can avoid having to change out my barrel completely on my 14.5" as it's a nice Faxon pencil barrel. Might end up with 2 cans... the one for my 14.5 and a Sandman for all the other guns.

Nomad is omega pattern so it can take ASR, dead air Key-Mo, area 419, Griffin plan A, Q cherry bomb, etc.

Drilling a pin and welded muzzle device and replacing it shouldn't be too difficult for a gunsmith

Drilling a pin and welded muzzle device and replacing it shouldn't be too difficult for a gunsmith
I'm going to take it to The Armory here in SLC to see if they'd be willing to do it. Guy I talked to basically said "we do it all the time but if the person that pinned and welded it did a shite job it might be cheaper to just get a new barrel"

Thankfully the gunsmith I used to use back in WA is a precision long range shooter so the dude is a perfectionist.

Case in point, I have him mount my night sights on my Glock. The back site on the left had like .575 of an inch space... the right side had like .578 and he kept adjusting it till it was perfect.

Got my XPS 2-0 on the 13.2. I kinda want a TA44 acss acog.
Rd0rDPT

MJxu1FY

Well? How do you like it?
I still need a handguard and a BCG/charging handle. Been putting off buying that stuff to save for a rental house so it's not complete yet. :(

My 14.5 AR is fucking BEASTLY awesome though.

Back