Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

Been playing phone tag with Blown Deadline for like five weeks. Finally spoke to them today. Should have my cerakote jobs done next week.

Yeahyeahyeah!!!!!

Then I still gotta assemble them. :( Also I guess they weren't able to do the screws on the handgaurd the way I wanted. Oh well. The skull build has been an exercise in the perfect being the enemy of the good. Hence it taking 4+ years from when I bought the lower. :eek:

But it'll be great to not have bags of parts lying around. To make room I'm giving some guns to my nephew. Asked his dad to teach him to shoot.

Got my cerakote jobs back. One looks good and the other doesn't. Instead of white, with a little black inside some of the holes in the handguard, they gave me a battleworn look on the whole thing (that comes off as more gray not white). :mad::mad::mad:

I'll look at it and maybe it does't suck total shit like I think. But damn, what a disappointment. Not sure they did a spectacular job matching the white on the other components with the lower, but whatever. Also, there's an imperfection on the upper that looks akin to a fingerprint smudge. Fuckin' lame. :(

Got my cerakote jobs back. One looks good and the other doesn't. Instead of white, with a little black inside some of the holes in the handguard, they gave me a battleworn look on the whole thing (that comes off as more gray not white). :mad::mad::mad:

I'll look at it and maybe it does't suck total shit like I think. But damn, what a disappointment. Not sure they did a spectacular job matching the white on the other components with the lower, but whatever. Also, there's an imperfection on the upper that looks akin to a fingerprint smudge. Fuckin' lame. :(

Fucking lame indeed. Send it back, that's ridiculous.

Fucking lame indeed. Send it back, that's ridiculous.

I'm gonna put it together this weekend and see if I've got the energy to give a shit. I kinda always knew this project wasn't gonna put the smile on my face I was hoping for. I just want it to be done and over with. Maybe the battleworn will distract from the lack of color matching. I'll post pics. The imperfection isn't that big of a deal if I can live with the rest of it.

I'm gonna put it together this weekend and see if I've got the energy to give a shit. I kinda always knew this project wasn't gonna put the smile on my face I was hoping for. I just want it to be done and over with. Maybe the battleworn will distract from the lack of color matching. I'll post pics. The imperfection isn't that big of a deal if I can live with the rest of it.

They stand behind their work. If it's not done properly or even close to what was asked it should be fixed imo.

They stand behind their work. If it's not done properly or even close to what was asked it should be fixed imo.

I agree. I sent an email and got an immediate reply saying to call the shop on Tuesday. I just don't think they'll get the color matched any better so why bother caring.

#totallydiscouraged

I asked about color matching stuff and they said it's near impossible. Different hardeners, temps, batches, etc. They had me send in my lower to do with the upper.

I asked about color matching stuff and they said it's near impossible. Different hardeners, temps, batches, etc. They had me send in my lower to do with the upper.

I'm fine with the color matching. It's close enough and I understood going in it would likely be a shade or so off. But these defects below are some bullshit. They couldn't get either fucking project done properly. lol at the card they sent saying some shit about it being a certified work of art. :mad::mad:

e0CYcN1.jpg

PvdQz0V.jpg

Yeah, I'm annoyed and overreacting. But it sure would be nice to be able to finally assemble one of these fucking things. Fucking fuck. How the fuck do they not see that big fucking silver spot. It might as well be flashing neon.

I'm fine with the color matching. It's close enough and I understood going in it would likely be a shade or so off. But these defects below are some bullshit. They couldn't get either fucking project done properly. lol at the card they sent saying some shit about it being a certified work of art. :mad::mad:

e0CYcN1.jpg

PvdQz0V.jpg

Yeah, I'm annoyed and overreacting. But it sure would be nice to be able to finally assemble one of these fucking things. Fucking fuck. How the fuck do they not see that big fucking silver spot. It might as well be flashing neon.

Wow, more like certified pos.

I don't think it's an overreaction at all. They are supposed to be a premium company offering a premium service. It's expensive as well. There was zero quality control effort on their part. There's no way they can say they actually looked at the items before sending them. Then completely fucking up your other order request to battle worn? It's unacceptable. If it were me I'd be asking for a discount or something else to make up for the wasted time.

Wow, more like certified pos.

I don't think it's an overreaction at all. They are supposed to be a premium company offering a premium service. It's expensive as well. There was zero quality control effort on their part. There's no way they can say they actually looked at the items before sending them. Then completely fucking up your other order request to battle worn? It's unacceptable. If it were me I'd be asking for a discount or something else to make up for the wasted time.

Damn, bro. You're not talking me down off the ledge. :(:D

Damn, bro. You're not talking me down off the ledge. :(:D

Should I be? I'd be pissed. Hell it bothers me that I recommend them and you end up with that. I can only assume you spent around $500 with them including shipping. It's not like it was a buddy at home in a garage. They present themselves as and are supposed to be one of the best. Unacceptable QC imo.

Should I be? I'd be pissed. Hell it bothers me that I recommend them and you end up with that. I can only assume you spent around $500 with them including shipping. It's not like it was a buddy at home in a garage. They present themselves as and are supposed to be one of the best. Unacceptable QC imo.

I'm expecting them to take care of it. And yeah, $500+.

I’d be calling threatening to file Better Business Bureau complaints and shit. That bubbly bit around the dust cover Ray Charles could have seen and he’s blind..... as well as dead

Got my Grendel upper done. Sadly it's not cycling well. I changed out the buffer spring but have not run it again since then. Also need to clean up the feed ramps a bit.

I'd post pics of the thing but apparently I'm forum retarded from being on here so little.

Also ran my 13.2 sopmod pistol in a carbine course and it ran great. Good times.

Last edited:
Got my Grendel upper done. Sadly it's not cycling well. I changed out the buffer spring but have not run it again since then. Also need to clean up the feed ramps a bit.

I'd post pics of the thing but apparently I'm forum retarded from being on here so little.

Also ran my 13.2 sopmod pistol in a carbine course and it ran great. Good times.

What exactly is it doing?

How did this call go?

I didn't call. I sent an email saying I'd just send the handguard and the lower back for them to fix 'em. Didn't get a response. The items will be sent out later today.

It's pretty sad how they advertise two-color jobs but can't seem to handle doing one. I'll dumb it down for these frauds by requesting the handguard be done in white only. Fucking pathetic they can't figure out how to do part of the handguard in white and part in black. :rolleyes:

I didn't call. I sent an email saying I'd just send the handguard and the lower back for them to fix 'em. Didn't get a response. The items will be sent out later today.

It's pretty sad how they advertise two-color jobs but can't seem to handle doing one. I'll dumb it down for these frauds by requesting the handguard be done in white only. Fucking pathetic they can't figure out how to do part of the handguard in white and part in black. :rolleyes:

I mean they should be able to what was asked. Maybe some intern or something got yours. Honestly idk how they screw a request up that bad and not inspect items before shipment.

blown-deadline-custom-cerakote-services_70.jpg

blown-deadline-custom-cerakote-services_86.jpg

img_0768.jpg

img_0967.jpg

img_2488.jpg

img_0970.jpg

Back