Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

If it doesn't show up today I'll check with the post office. According to their website it should have been 3-4 days.
Just checked mail....box was empty. Mail is here around 10:30 about 95% of the time. But for the past month there have been some screw ups....larue mbts2 trigger was lost, shipment from Primary Arms was opened and had my new armorers wrench missing, and an Amazon package coming usps went from Kentucky to Baltimore to Los Angeles back to Baltimore and now it's missing.

Just checked mail....box was empty. Mail is here around 10:30 about 95% of the time. But for the past month there have been some screw ups....larue mbts2 trigger was lost, shipment from Primary Arms was opened and had my new armorers wrench missing, and an Amazon package coming usps went from Kentucky to Baltimore to Los Angeles back to Baltimore and now it's missing.

Well that is unfortunate and strange.

Thanks for reminding me. I ordered target stands middle of last month.

Tracking History
January 30, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

January 26, 2020, 4:46 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

January 22, 2020, 2:52 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
HUDSONVILLE, MI 49426

January 20, 2020, 2:17 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

January 20, 2020, 9:17 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

January 16, 2020, 6:13 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
PITTSBURGH PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

January 16, 2020, 4:58 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
HUDSONVILLE, MI 49426

January 14, 2020, 6:33 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
HUDSONVILLE, MI 49426

January 14, 2020
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

Thanks for reminding me. I ordered target stands middle of last month.

Tracking History
January 30, 2020
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

January 22, 2020, 2:52 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
HUDSONVILLE, MI 49426

January 20, 2020, 2:17 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility

January 20, 2020, 9:17 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

January 16, 2020, 6:13 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
PITTSBURGH PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

January 16, 2020, 4:58 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
HUDSONVILLE, MI 49426

January 14, 2020, 6:33 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
HUDSONVILLE, MI 49426

January 14, 2020
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item
The fk are they doing man.

With a quick layover in Pittsburgh....I'll never understand usps

What's (not so) funny is the targets and straps/chains arrived a month ago. This is just the stands. On the plus side, saves me the trouble of figuring out assembly.

@Grrrr

After email the target place, and that dude looking into it, suddenly we have an update.

Tracking History

February 25, 2020, 1:49 pm
Arrived at Post Office
KAMUELA, HI 96743
Your item arrived at the Post Office at 1:49 pm on February 25, 2020 in KAMUELA, HI 96743.

January 30, 2020

Expected Delivery on
WEDNESDAY26 FEBRUARY2020

@RerouteToRemain

The 6.8 upper got stripped down and is being sent to Gibbz for the CH upgrade tomorrow. The gas block had more clicks to go than I thought so it's staying. Just need need the right wrench to properly tighten the handguard nut and it's rock & roll time. By that I mean re-zeroing the ACOG. :D

The barrel sure was tight. A hammer, two screwdrivers, and a few marks on the receiver later.

@Grrrr

After email the target place, and that dude looking into it, suddenly we have an update.

Expected Delivery on
WEDNESDAY26 FEBRUARY2020
At least you are getting it. This was my last update. Fkrs.

January 17, 2020, 1:10 am
Awaiting Delivery Scan
The delivery status of your item has not been updated as of January 17, 2020, 1:10 am. We apologize that it may arrive later than expected.
January 16, 2020, 7:10 am
Out for Delivery
FAIRFAX, VA 22032
January 15, 2020, 12:19 pm
Arrived at Post Office
FAIRFAX, VA 22031
January 15, 2020, 11:04 am
Accepted at USPS Destination Facility
FAIRFAX, VA 22031
January 15, 2020, 5:44 am
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
CHANTILLY, VA 20151
Shipping Partner: UPS WORLDWIDE FORWARDING, INC

@RerouteToRemain

The 6.8 upper got stripped down and is being sent to Gibbz for the CH upgrade tomorrow. The gas block had more clicks to go than I thought so it's staying. Just need need the right wrench to properly tighten the handguard nut and it's rock & roll time. By that I mean re-zeroing the ACOG. :D

The barrel sure was tight. A hammer, two screwdrivers, and a few marks on the receiver later.

Did you see anything that was off about anything while disassembling?

Did you smack the barrel out with a screwdriver lol?

At least you are getting it. This was my last update. Fkrs.

January 17, 2020, 1:10 am
Awaiting Delivery Scan
The delivery status of your item has not been updated as of January 17, 2020, 1:10 am. We apologize that it may arrive later than expected.
January 16, 2020, 7:10 am
Out for Delivery
FAIRFAX, VA 22032
January 15, 2020, 12:19 pm
Arrived at Post Office
FAIRFAX, VA 22031
January 15, 2020, 11:04 am
Accepted at USPS Destination Facility
FAIRFAX, VA 22031
January 15, 2020, 5:44 am
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
CHANTILLY, VA 20151
Shipping Partner: UPS WORLDWIDE FORWARDING, INC

Lol well with the luck you've had and the fact you haven't got the envelope I sent yet I'm not optimistic for it's arrival

Last edited:
Lol well with the luck you've had and the fact you haven't got the envelope I sent yet I'm not optimistic for it's arrival

Hello,

We're very sorry that your package has not yet arrived. At this point, we can only presume that the package was lost during shipping. As the item(s) is/are unavailable for replacement, we've requested a refund for the full amount of this shipment, including shipping costs.

This refund should go through within 2 to 3 days and will appear as a credit on your next credit card billing statement. Any portion of your order paid by Amazon gift card will be credited to your gift card balance and will be automatically applied to your next order. You can view gift card balance from Your Account.

You may view your refund by clicking the 'Your Account' link at the top of our web site, then clicking 'Go!' next to 'open and recently shipped orders.' Completed refunds will appear at the bottom of an individual order's summary page.

If the original package should eventually arrive, please let us know by visiting us here:

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

We apologize for any inconvenience, and we hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com

I fkn swear....my luck lately when it come to shipping is horrible.

Hello,

We're very sorry that your package has not yet arrived. At this point, we can only presume that the package was lost during shipping. As the item(s) is/are unavailable for replacement, we've requested a refund for the full amount of this shipment, including shipping costs.

This refund should go through within 2 to 3 days and will appear as a credit on your next credit card billing statement. Any portion of your order paid by Amazon gift card will be credited to your gift card balance and will be automatically applied to your next order. You can view gift card balance from Your Account.

You may view your refund by clicking the 'Your Account' link at the top of our web site, then clicking 'Go!' next to 'open and recently shipped orders.' Completed refunds will appear at the bottom of an individual order's summary page.

If the original package should eventually arrive, please let us know by visiting us here:

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

We apologize for any inconvenience, and we hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com

I fkn swear....my luck lately when it come to shipping is horrible.

I would go to the post office and check with them. Maybe they need to update something.

I would go to the post office and check with them. Maybe they need to update something.
It's weird. I've had thousands of dollars worth of merchandise shipped here the past year. Never had an issue until recently. Amazon just issued a refund so my most recent problem is taken care of...primary arms took care of me when I had a shipping issue with one package (amazing company). I've called and talked to usps twice. They weren't much help. More like they really didn't gaf.

Did you see anything that was off about anything while disassembling?

Did you smack the barrel out with a screwdriver lol?

The only thing that stood out was the barrel being in there super fucking tight. I put a flathead between the barrel and upper and twisted it in spots. That got me enough room to put the screwdriver on the lip of the barrel and hammer it down and out from there. I thought about taking a hairdryer to the upper, but I was already emotionally invested in the hammer and screwdriver method. :D

If, once reassembled, it seemed like there's still a problem then I'll just buy another bolt. Might buy one anyway just to have a spare. Never know when 6.8 LH bolts dry up. Might have already.

The only thing that stood out was the barrel being in there super fucking tight. I put a flathead between the barrel and upper and twisted it in spots. That got me enough room to put the screwdriver on the lip of the barrel and hammer it down and out from there. I thought about taking a hairdryer to the upper, but I was already emotionally invested in the hammer and screwdriver method. :D

If, once reassembled, it seemed like there's still a problem then I'll just buy another bolt. Might buy one anyway just to have a spare. Never know when 6.8 LH bolts dry up. Might have already.

I just throw my stuff in the oven at 175 degrees for like 10-30 minutes to install uninstall if it's tight.

Well good luck with it. You could always install that barrel on the Barrett and test fire to see if it is a chamber issue.

I just throw my stuff in the oven at 175 degrees for like 10-30 minutes to install uninstall if it's tight.

Well good luck with it. You could always install that barrel on the Barrett and test fire to see if it is a chamber issue.

Barrett's a piston system and looks like a pain to take apart. Once I thought about putting this newer barrel on there because (unlike the REC7) it's rated SPCII. Once.

ELF match SE component trigger feels good.
Pretty interesting setup, uses bearings and where the hammer and trigger pins go are threaded. No flex , no side to side movement, very tight. No take up, sharp break, super tactile reset. I dig it.

My lower will weigh about 2 lbs 0.5 ounces which is about 3 ounces less than I figured, hopefully this thing comes close to 7lbs even with the Steiner

Pics:
BK1qpo4.jpg

RBHImeV.jpg

uHIsJTK.jpg

Back