Khabib huge honoring us.

His guard might be good in MMA or even in Sambo, but let's be realistic, it's nowhere near an elite ADCC level.
That'd probably be a fair assumption but you never know. Even throughout all time doing mma he never slacked on training his guard. He ain't gonna be doing any crazy open guards but a good closed guard can go a long way.

Besides, I think Khabib's top game could carry him through a lot of his opposition. Evem for pure grappling his top game is something special. The big challenges are gonna be your Tonnon and JT level guys. The best of the best.

That'd probably be a fair assumption but you never know. Even throughout all time doing mma he never slacked on training his guard. He ain't gonna be doing any crazy open guards but a good closed guard can go a long way.

Besides, I think Khabib's top game could carry him through a lot of his opposition. Evem for pure grappling his top game is something special. The big challenges are gonna be your Tonnon and JT level guys. The best of the best.

His guard would get smashed and sliced in 10 seconds by any elite level passer.

But yeah, thinking about it, I agree with you he could medal, but against the top guys his strategy will have to be to keep it standing and avoid groundwork altogether which he is very capable of doing.

But yeah, thinking about it, I agree with you he could medal, but against the top guys his strategy will have to be to keep it standing and avoid groundwork altogether which he is very capable of doing.
I don't think he'll have to avoid grappling all together lol. That's an exaggeration but he will need to play suuuper cleanly and bail to the feet if things get hairy. Hopefully he comes around to competing in bjj tournaments. I'd love to see him do it

Khabib could medal at ADCC and submit more than one guy on his way to doing it. Can't think of very many guys at 77 i'd put over him. Only one i'd maybe favor would be JT Torres; and even then, Khabib still has a path to victory if the execution is on point. There also are some other matchups that are just less predictable, like Lachlan Giles, who i think it is fair to say is more of a submission threat than most of the rest of the field, though odds on I'd favor Nurmagomedov In general. Bronze or silver almost a certainty, gold a possibility.

Last edited:
His guard might be good in MMA or even in Sambo, but let's be realistic, it's nowhere near an elite ADCC level.

If you were referring to IBJJF or gi competition in general, I would agree with you
With ADCC/no gi, I disagree. Most of the high level guard in no-gi nowadays is protecting yourself to get to a takedown or single leg scramble position anyways and he would more than hold his own. He is aware of leg locks and entanglements and would need some polishing up on the new leg lock strategies but he'd adjust easily. If he were in a division like 65KG with guard like Miyaos, Musumeci, etc, yes, he may be outskilled in a new realm but in 77KG where most guarders come up on a single anyway, he's ready. The most trouble he would have is likely against guys like Lachlan and the like who attack legs quite a bit but with his pressure passing and speed, it would be hard to enter

No one could take him down so his chance of staying on top is very good. If someone did slice through his guard and passed, they would need to hold him flat in side control or control him, which would be extremely difficult. If his guard were compromised, he would belly down into them or turtle into an extremely strong takedown. I doubt any BJJ artist his size would not have hell trying to secure any scrambles or hold Khabib on his back

Back