Khabib in a Ring under Pride rules

Whats his best win in a ring again? How long ago was that?

Chael didn't start any myth. His coaches and teammates are open about how he learned how to cage work at AKA and wasn't very comfortable with it and limited himself as a fighter. See Khabib vs Tibau, thats a Khabib who is doing alot of cage work but doesn't know how or really what he's doing on the cage so he struggled badly.

His entire game changed when he learned to use the fence and there is definitely evidence suggesting he does worse in a bjj tourny style fighting area where there us no fence.
If you don't think he could have worked on a style to keep winnin in cageless mma, I think you're only fooling yourself. Yes, he adapted. His father along with AKA have taught him many tricks. It was a successful one, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have other avenues to win if there was no cage. Let's cut the bullshit.

Whats his best win in a ring again? How long ago was that?

Chael didn't start any myth. His coaches and teammates are open about how he learned how to cage work at AKA and wasn't very comfortable with it and limited himself as a fighter. See Khabib vs Tibau, thats a Khabib who is doing alot of cage work but doesn't know how or really what he's doing on the cage so he struggled badly.

His entire game changed when he learned to use the fence and there is definitely evidence suggesting he does worse in a bjj tourny style fighting area where there us no fence.

Chael talks a lot of shit, he makes things up to push his narrative. It's cooler for casuals to believe Khabib is useless against against a cage because they have never seen his previous fights, it's a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: khabib's armous that is to believe. Then you decide to know more about Khabib, watch his old fights and realise he went 16-0 without the cage and he was totally fine like that. He and his father developped a style to be used the cage, as tool, because it was there. Not because Khabib can't do anything without it. It's called being a visionary.

Besides Khabib still took many of his opponents in open mat. And bringing a fight that is 8 years old and pretend it's still relevant today is just ignorant.

Chael talks a lot of shit, he makes things up to push his narrative. It's cooler for casuals to believe Khabib is useless against against a cage because they have never seen his previous fights, it's a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: khabib's armous that is to believe. Then you decide to know more about Khabib, watch his old fights and realise he went 16-0 without the cage and he was totally fine like that. He and his father developped a style to be used the cage, as tool, because it was there. Not because Khabib can't do anything without it. It's called being a visionary.

Besides Khabib still took many of his opponents in open mat. And bringing a fight that is 8 years old and pretend it's still relevant today is just ignorant.

Sure Chael probably said it. So what.

He went 16-0 against much lesser competition. Was giving up TDs, top position, and getting stuffed alot more often than when he had a cage against much lesser competition. He had even more success when he got a cage. So he got better when he used the cage and got tremendously better against the cage when he went to AKA.

Also he and his father didn't delevope that cage style AKA coaches and fighters did through trial and error. The staples of Khabibs clinch game against the cage are for the most part staples in most elite AKA fighters cage clinch work.

You dont actually know what you're talking about, do u?

If you don't think he could have worked on a style to keep winnin in cageless mma, I think you're only fooling yourself. Yes, he adapted. His father along with AKA have taught him many tricks. It was a successful one, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have other avenues to win if there was no cage. Let's cut the bullshit.

His style would have changed sure but that doesn't mean his style would be as dominant and successful. If he could've delevoped that style he would have before moving to AKA.

Sure Chael probably said it. So what.

He went 16-0 against much lesser competition. Was giving up TDs, top position, and getting stuffed alot more often than when he had a cage against much lesser competition. He had even more success when he got a cage. So he got better when he used the cage and got tremendously better against the cage when he went to AKA.

Also he and his father didn't delevope that cage style AKA coaches and fighters did through trial and error. The staples of Khabibs clinch game against the cage are for the most part staples in most elite AKA fighters cage clinch work.

You dont actually know what you're talking about, do u?

I actually do know what I am saying, your little narrative that khabib wouldnt know TD's without the cage is ridiculous. I am pretty sure khabib faced better grapplers in dagestan than american pretentious 'black belts' and 'D1 wrestlers' He started his career without a cage and he was pretty fine without it. I am not the one making stupid assumptions to fit my bias. Abdulmanap did develop a style to be cage friendly, which most of kabib's opponents still don't do. "You don't know what you're talking about" is not good enough for a rebutal. Khabib owes his grappling skills to his years of training in Dagestan under his father, but he honed them at AKA.

Khabib learned a lot at AKA, it doesnt mean he was a scrub back in dagestan.

I am pretty sure khabib faced better grapplers in dagestan than american pretentious 'black belts' and 'D1 wrestlers' He started his career without a cage and he was pretty fine without it. Abdulmanap did develop a style to be cage friendly, which most of kabib's opponents still don't do. "You don't know what you're talking about" is not good enough for a rebutal. Khabib owes his grappling skills to his years of training in Dagestan under his father, but he honed them at AKA.

Khabib learned a lot at AKA, it doesnt mean he was a scrub back in dagestan.

For mma grappling he definitely did not take a step down in competition when coming to the big show not sure how you came to that conclusion. He started his career without a cage youre right he also started his career against sub par competition compared to the competition he faced when he needed the cage.

His cage work in his early UFC fights was nothing special or unique nor did it standout in any way. He joins AKA uses ton of similar cage techniques and methods and go to postions and transitions to DC, Cain, Rockhold when against the cage. Its not rocket science.

I didnt say he was a scrub back in Dagestan. He was just not nearly as effective.

Yes you're right that wasn't a good enough rebutal but thats why it wasn't my rebutal. My rebutal was the paragraph above that lol

For mma grappling he definitely did not take a step down in competition when coming to the big show not sure how you came to that conclusion. He started his career without a cage youre right he also started his career against sub par competition compared to the competition he faced when he needed the cage.

His cage work in his early UFC fights was nothing special or unique nor did it standout in any way. He joins AKA uses ton of similar cage techniques and methods and go to postions and transitions to DC, Cain, Rockhold when against the cage. Its not rocket science.

I didnt say he was a scrub back in Dagestan. He was just not nearly as effective.

Yes you're right that wasn't a good enough rebutal but thats why it wasn't my rebutal. My rebutal was the paragraph above that lol

You are right overall but to say or imply that khabib owes his style to AKA is not the whole story. This is it. He learned a lot at AKA, but not just there.

You are right overall but to say or imply that khabib owes his style to AKA is not the whole story. This is it. He learned a lot at AKA, but not just there.

Just let me know where I said he learned everything at AKA or that he learned nothing from his father.

Back