Khabib vs Volkanovski

JTDarkseid

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Fight is catchwieght at 150 lbs. Who will win? Both are considered all time greats of the UFC and I decided to pit them against each other. Both fighters at peak prime.

Volk is a featherweight at 145 and Khabib is a lightweight at 155 so 150 is the obvious catchweight choice.

Khabib never makes 150, not even in his dreams. Any fantasy fight discussion is pointless without some reality check. Volk used to play rugby at 210 and he used to fight at welterweight and middle weight. He can jump 15 pounds.

Volk is a featherweight at 145 and Khabib is a lightweight at 155 so 150 is the obvious catchweight choice.

Yeah, but unrealistic.
You know, Khabib either makes it look easy, or Volk somehow gameplans the F--- out of Khabib and brings in tons of Caucus region wrestlers to train, and somehow ends up winning a 48-47 or even a split decision.

He'd have to stay on his bike use 100% precise and quick footwork to land leg kicks, but always reset out of range.

If you watch Gaethje, he had success with the leg kicks; but his footwork was more 'drunken' (hence why it was more easy for him to be cornered) while Khabib was getting caught on some angles but moving very precisely (reminded me of that type of fencing that isn't linear.)

The problem with beating Khabib is that he was drastically improving and filling in the holes in his game every single time he fought.
For that reason, I'd be surprised if AKA didn't specifially prepare for any of the aspects that I mentioned; let alone the many others that I haven't mentioned.

Last edited:
Fight is catchwieght at 150 lbs. Who will win? Both are considered all time greats of the UFC and I decided to pit them against each other. Both fighters at peak prime.
Khabib can't make 150, dude nearly dies trying to make 155.

Fight has to happen at 155 or it isn't even in the realm of possibility. At 155 Khabib is just too big and physical, probably ends up manhandling Volk.

Volk is the more skilled fighter though.

Khabib can't make 150, dude nearly dies trying to make 155.

Fight has to happen at 155 or it isn't even in the realm of possibility. At 155 Khabib is just too big and physical, probably ends up manhandling Volk.

Volk is the more skilled fighter though.

« the more skilled » ?

Is he, really ? Always finds it interesting that people put more emphasis on striking rather than grappling when talking about skills (or thougness).

Volk is great, but imo he’s not more skilled than Khabib. Volk is super well rounded, but Khabib is elite at grappling, which is the most important skill in MMA at the moment.

Volks via Khabib's dehydration
This. Now, if Volk were to move up to 155lbs to fight him, then Khabib wins 9/10 times. However, I think Volk has the better skillset and the better resume between the two.

« the more skilled » ?

Is he, really ? Always finds it interesting that people put more emphasis on striking rather than grappling when talking about skills (or thougness).

Volk is great, but imo he’s not more skilled than Khabib. Volk is super well rounded, but Khabib is elite at grappling, which is the most important skill in MMA at the moment.
Khabib is an elite grappler and Volk is an elite striker, however, Volk is more well rounded than Khabib.

Let's say Khabib is 10/10 on grappling, Volk is 10/10 on striking.

Khabib is about a 6-7/10 on striking, whereas Volk is a 7-8/10 on grappling.
It's close, but I think overall Volk is the more skilled and don't think that's really a hot take at all.

Back