King of Catch San Diego July 18th 2021

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Hi Friends

The Arena Gym is hosting the King of Catch Wrestling July 18th 2021
I hope some of our San Diego grapplers will consider participating.

photo
189925871_10208936369802649_3642141126803152663_n.jpg

Here is the registration form. Link
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1q2...sM7_GivaPAbBmyBhu-A6CN1nGStHcmVz8cIVfhYWKj3hU

And here is a video of the rules.

I normally only post in War Room but I am a regular poster. I didn't see anything in the rules about posting events so I am hoping this is okay.

It's a shame so many of the catch guys hate each other keeping these things from getting bigger.

Hi Friends

The Arena Gym is hosting the King of Catch Wrestling July 18th 2021
I hope some of our San Diego grapplers will consider participating.

photo
189925871_10208936369802649_3642141126803152663_n.jpg

Here is the registration form. Link
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1q2...sM7_GivaPAbBmyBhu-A6CN1nGStHcmVz8cIVfhYWKj3hU

And here is a video of the rules.

I normally only post in War Room but I am a regular poster. I didn't see anything in the rules about posting events so I am hoping this is okay.

is registartion still open? i tried today, but the venmo link couldn't be found. i will 100% sign up if still open

That’d be an interesting rule set. Wish there was one closer to me.

There is one more 200-225 spot we need to fill. Its free for that guy and we NEED girls. Free for them as well.

There is one more 200-225 spot we need to fill. Its free for that guy and we NEED girls. Free for them as well.
Are they doing 3-count pins? I don't like those touch falls they're doing in some of the British matches, especially when control doesn't seem established.

Are they doing 3-count pins? I don't like those touch falls they're doing in some of the British matches, especially when control doesn't seem established.

Yes they were three count pins. The even was a success. There were several high level black belts. The entire event can be viewed on youtube. Here.

Yes they were three count pins. The even was a success. There were several high level black belts. The entire event can be viewed on youtube. Here.

Too bad it was put on by Jake Shannon. I like the concept, other than 2/3 falls, but Jake's kind of a goofy character. Hard to get over the way he went all in on character-assassinating guys who could have offered competition in his intended market or how he tries to undermine the abilities of guys like Lou Thesz (likely because they never established a connection).

But hey, it is what it is. How did your guys do?

Too bad it was put on by Jake Shannon. I like the concept, other than 2/3 falls, but Jake's kind of a goofy character. Hard to get over the way he went all in on character-assassinating guys who could have offered competition in his intended market or how he tries to undermine the abilities of guys like Lou Thesz (likely because they never established a connection).

But hey, it is what it is. How did your guys do?

And everything he puts out got a terrible quality. This event is 7 hours long with just a single camera pointed at the mat, I gave upp watching after a few matches.

It's the same with the DVDs, sure it's nice that he kept techniques of wrestlers like Billy Robinson and Dick Cardinal available after they're gone but the quality is shit. Bad sound, terrible camera and even when it's an original it looks like a cheap pirate copy.

And everything he puts out got a terrible quality. This event is 7 hours long with just a single camera pointed at the mat, I gave upp watching after a few matches.

It's the same with the DVDs, sure it's nice that he kept techniques of wrestlers like Billy Robinson and Dick Cardinal available after they're gone but the quality is shit. Bad sound, terrible camera and even when it's an original it looks like a cheap pirate copy.
Yeah, his instructional manuals were similar that way. Photocopied stuff thrown together and sold for an insane price. The actual material was great, but the product itself was severely lacking.

I don't know about the hosts backstory I do know this
The entrance fee was 25 dollars
everyone got a free t-shirt
I won my division which got me 100 bucks as did all other division winners
Then medals had to be bought
I don't know if our gym charge these guys for hosting it but even if they didn't its clear these guys are doing this for the love of the sport
And not profit. I personally had a great time and will compete again.

Thanks Lord Coke for competing and good job!!!! We will be back!
I just do the best I can and all of us certainly do it for the love of the sport!

Kforcer, has had a hard-on for me and talks shit about everything I've done catch in this forum for YEARS just because I backed Lou Thesz's true protege Mark Fleming instead. Ive never even met Kforcer or had personal dealing with him. Also I've never talked shit, just asked questions about questionable claims way back in 2004 (! talk about petty) but hey I was young and probably made a mistake by making too big of a deal about it.

Anyway the manuals were the first thing I put out, $50 for 10,000 pages of material at the FightingLibrary.com is a good deal considering what I invested in the originals. And hey, I didn't see anyone else capturing footage of the old timers for posterity and I did so way cheaper than anyone else, the quality isn't great but no one is forced to buy anything.

The live feed was free for all to watch, same for the Shoot Pro Wrestling show on Friday. I don't have a backer and barely any sponsors. Just me and my friends who love this enough to try to provide entertainment (9 hours of wrestling this week alone).

Kforcer, what have you done for the sport beside post on Sherdog?

If you can answer this directly I'd appreciate it: what I have I done to YOU personally to warrant the amount of poison you've poured in people's ears about me?

And if your problem with me is that I committed "character assassination" then what do you can the libel you've committed against me on Sherdog (which I have ignored until now) for well over a decade?! I call it hypocrisy.

Guys complain about lack of Catch content then when someone creates some they trash it. Guys complain that catch guys don't get along but then perpetuate it and egg it on.

Fact, I have NEVER spoken ill of you personally, or the quality of your work or character. Hell, I've never even met you or had personal dealing with you!!! Lol *shakes head

Lord Coke, thanks again for sharing your personal experience at the event and I hope to see you at future events.!! The quality of competition is getting real good!

Here's our recap of the event of last Sunday's 7 hour King of Catch Wrestling live event in San Diego!

Last edited:
Thanks Lord Coke for competing and good job!!!! We will be back!
I just do the best I can and all of us certainly do it for the love of the sport!

Kforcer, has had a hard-on for me and talks shit about everything I've done catch in this forum for YEARS just because I backed Lou Thesz's true protege Mark Fleming instead. Ive never even met Kforcer or had personal dealing with him. Also I've never talked shit, just asked questions about questionable claims way back in 2004 (! talk about petty) but hey I was young and probably made a mistake by making too big of a deal about it.

Anyway the manuals were the first thing I put out, $50 for 10,000 pages of material at the FightingLibrary.com is a good deal considering what I invested in the originals. And hey, I didn't see anyone else capturing footage of the old timers for posterity and I did so way cheaper than anyone else, the quality isn't great but no one is forced to buy anything.

The live feed was free for all to watch, same for the Shoot Pro Wrestling show on Friday. I don't have a backer and barely any sponsors. Just me and my friends who love this enough to try to provide entertainment (9 hours of wrestling this week alone).

Kforcer, what have you done for the sport beside post on Sherdog?

If you can answer this directly I'd appreciate it: what I have I done to YOU personally to warrant the amount of poison you've poured in people's ears about me?

And if your problem with me is that I committed "character assassination" then what do you can the libel you've committed against me on Sherdog (which I have ignored until now) for well over a decade?! I call it hypocrisy.

Guys complain about lack of Catch content then when someone creates some they trash it. Guys complain that catch guys don't get along but then perpetuate it and egg it on.

Fact, I have NEVER spoken ill of you personally, or the quality of your work or character. Hell, I've never even met you or had personal dealing with you!!! Lol *shakes head

Lord Coke, thanks again for sharing your personal experience at the event and I hope to see you at future events.!! The quality of competition is getting real good!

Here's our recap of the event of last Sunday's 7 hour King of Catch Wrestling live event in San Diego!

Wow, that was quite a major response. Well, for what it is worth, I've argued plenty with Protein Wisdom, for his attacks on you and everyone who might undermine Cecchine's marketability. How did I ever libel you? There's a lot of things you did that were great, sure, but the way you went after Cecchine and Furey, well, I don't think it was right. Likewise for Protein Wisdom/Jeff G and the way he went after Billy Robinson, Karl Gotch, etc. What Cecchine himself has said about the catch-wrestling taught in Japan is something I disagree with as well (attempting to undermine its credibility). I also do feel like you've given Lou Thesz short shrift. These are criticisms, that's all. Relax. Nobody was character assassinating you. Not everybody is going to agree on everything.

You actually came to me back when I was a moderator because you felt like a member named Frodo was attacking you unfairly and you wanted me to do something about it. And, probably against my better judgment, I did (not that I censured him, but I sent him a message). You didn't seem to see me as an antagonist then.

Certain things you've done, I disagree with. It's just called criticism and disagreement. Relax.

About Lou Thesz, he's definately a legit wrestler but the big difference betwen him compared to Billy Robinson and Karl Gotch is that the latter are mostly remembered as coaches and not competitiors.

I got nothing against Thesz and don't really know the full story here but I can understand why people view these three wrestlers in a different way.

Over here in England the old wrestlers still mentions Gotch, although they call him Karel. Robinson left a bunch of students before he traveled the world and even after that he taught a new generation when he returned through Scientific wrestling. Not too mention their legacy in Japan.

Thesz was also over in Japan but he really only had one famous student, Mark Fleming.

Back