Koral's New Lightweight Gi V1

ro1em0de1

Yurple Belt
Reaction score
As Promised,

Ive been in the market for a lightweight or summer gi as some are calling em for id say the past two months since i decided that ill be competing at the pan ams at the end of march in the 167lb division(i walk around at 170 so the reasoning is obvious). my choices were pretty limited it was gunna either be the keiko raca summer gi or a vulkan and tbh ive owned a keiko summer gi before and it didnt stand the test of time so i didnt want another one of those and i thought the vulkans were too expensive for a lightweight gi.

Enter in koral and the guys at jjpgear to save the day. i heard from a post by the foz that koral released a new lightweight gi and did a lil research of my own and after a night of sleeping on it, i made my purchase from jjpgear the next morning. gilberto ended up giving me the ultimate hookup and shipped the gi to me free of charge so i think in the end it was 140 total + the gi got to me in 3 days so i was happy to say the least.

JJpGear gets an A+ review from me and ill continue to buy products from them..

On to the gi, im 5'9" 170lbs w/ long legs and arms, so i decided on a a2 thinking it would be a little big and i would just shrink to fit, however to my surprise the a2 fit me right out of the box. i did the norm and gave it a 1 cup of white vinegar bath + cold water bath then proceeded to wash cold and hang dry. after that it still fit the same no shrinkage whatsoever.
ive only been able to roll in the gi 1 day but it was a 2 hr tough day of rolling that ended up putting me in the hospital but i wont get into that, what i will say tho is two of the rolls i got were with my heavyweight buddy jake who has a iron grip and he was using it that day trying to tear this gi with no luck...lol ripstop weave ftw!!

some starter pics:
CIMG0197.jpg

tag on inside of jacket(closeup view of the ripstop weave)
CIMG0178.jpg

continued on next post...

well my pics wont show up so i gotta find a new host other than my space so this may take a sec...un momento por favor..

i just signed up for a photo bucket acct so pics and the rest of the review will be up shortly..

nice looking forward to the pics.

Jiujitsuprogear always good place to shop.

~Foz

pants are just a single piece of fabric, only reinforcement is at the hips, no offense koral guys but im gunna have to replace these pants for the mundial 7 pants. dont worry tho ill be rockin em w/ koral patches lol:
CIMG0180.jpg

CIMG0181.jpg

pant cuff:
CIMG0186.jpg

inside of the pant cuff:
CIMG0190.jpg

on to the top:
lapel width:
CIMG0191.jpg

and thickness(comparisons to mkimonos hybrid weave can be seen in later posts):
CIMG0192.jpg

inside of back skirt:
CIMG0193.jpg

inside of the sleeve:
CIMG0196.jpg

comparison of cut(compared to mkimonos hybrid weave size a3):
CIMG0200.jpg

armpit area
CIMG0201.jpg

sleeve
CIMG0202.jpg

lapel thickness comparison:
CIMG0206.jpg

lapel width comparison:
CIMG0207.jpg

thickness comparison from bottom of skirt view:
CIMG0208.jpg

pants comparison vs atama mundial 7 pants:

pic to show they are lined up evenly:
CIMG0209.jpg

CIMG0215.jpg

crotch baggyness of material comparison:
CIMG0214.jpg

bottom of pant leg comparison:
CIMG0213.jpg

on to the modeling pics: :redface::redface::redface:
CIMG0217.jpg

CIMG0218.jpg

ankle rest height:
CIMG0222.jpg

Overall ranking so far without it being battle tested yet i give this gi an A-.
only reason for the minus is the pants, their just a little too skinny/tight for my liking and like i said before i will be replacing them w another set of mundial 7 pants in blue( tbh i think im just really partial to the mundial 7 pants in general lol i think their the best gi pants ever made and even if the koral pants were perfect id still probably replace them.)
But all in all this gi is gunna end up working good for me and tbh im likely gunna order another one from gilberto in white when the v2 batch is in.

hopefully this review will help some of you guys out, and if your still on the fence about buying this gi, take it from me..the top alone is worth the price of the gi..

ps sorry for my sloppy sentence structure lol

Thanks for clear pictures :)

(I know I'm guilty of boo pics)

Good review too, though.

nice i wish my school would allow different gis i miss my koral.

Everytime I see a whitebelt modeling a gi, it looks like the belt is hiked up about 6 inches too high.

thanks for the review man,cant wait to get it.

OFF TOPIC: haha ur kid was like, the fuck are u doing dad?

nice i should be getting mine next week, cant wait

Back