Kpop/Jpop Music Station Thread

Just about 2 weeks ago, Taeyeon released a cover of the 80s Korean song 'Train to Chuncheon' by Kim Hyun Chul. I thought it was fantastic cover. Love how it has more of a City Pop feel compared to the original.

Reactions: Gio
Just about 2 weeks ago, Taeyeon released a cover of the 80s Korean song 'Train to Chuncheon' by Kim Hyun Chul. I thought it was fantastic cover. Love how it has more of a City Pop feel compared to the original.

taeyeon has never really done it for me, but i love the city pop style of this cover.

and good to see lee hi back. i think My Star, Hold My Hand, and especially her collaboration with AKMU's Suhyun I'm Different are better and do a better job of highlighting her vocals, but this is good too and a really different more typically YG style for her.

New JP music videos from TWICE.

Not sure which song I prefer more. Both are probably one of their best ones yet so far.

Another jam released from BIBI. <5>

Not sure which song I prefer more. Both are probably one of their best ones yet so far.
yeah, i think these are definitely their best japanese releases. great choreography on Breakthrough as well.

Another jam released from BIBI. <5>

what a great first couple months BIBI has had since debuting. fantastic stuff from her.

tumblr_pszx0iQ7SF1vuefjyo3_540.gif

Last edited:
IZ*ONE argentinian japanese comeback:

unlike TWICE's japanese releases this one's a miss for me. bizarre vocal layering and ill-fitting rap break. oh well, looking forward to their next korean release, and i actually prefer a lot of their b-sides (Beautiful Color, I Wanna Be a Cat, Sunflower).

tumblr_psvjcuWoEE1rph7i9o1_540.gif

Last edited:
IZ*ONE argentinian japanese comeback:

unlike TWICE's japanese releases this one's a miss for me. bizarre vocal layering and ill-fitting rap break. oh well, looking forward to their next korean release, and i actually prefer a lot of their b-sides (Beautiful Color, I Wanna Be a Cat, Sunflower).

The only thing that kinda bugs me about that song is how squeaky the chorus is, I find it really grating...I have similar issue with Knock Knock which is why it's probably my least fav' Twice song.

I also find the heavy post chorus autotune to e an odd choice.

I like Happy Happy, it's fun, cute and easy to listen to, but I don't see it having much longevity on my playlist. But Breakthrough is really surprising to me, I really didn't think I would like a more mature side to Twice but with Fancy being 1 foot in the door and now Breakthrough taking them over the line I have to say I am convinced.

It's a really good song.

Red Velvet comeback:

there's stuff to like in this one in my opinion, and i love the experimentation and risk-taking in a song like this. at the moment this is definitely not a song i'll be replaying a lot, but weird songs like this can grow on me and maybe that'll be the case here too.

Red Velvet comeback:

there's stuff to like in this one in my opinion, and i love the experimentation and risk-taking in a song like this. at the moment this is definitely not a song i'll be replaying a lot, but weird songs like this can grow on me and maybe that'll be the case here too.

Unfortunately, I couldn't enjoy Zimzalabim. It's probably my least favorite RV title track so far. Thought the chorus and other parts of the song were just too weird. Was hoping we would of gotten another fruity summer concept like Red Flavor. Oh well.. at least the b-sides were good.

Chungha snapping hard in her newest title track.

(G)I-DLE comeback Uh Oh:

like this a lot. pretty fun 90's rap style.

Lyrics are all in English so idk if it is considered J-Pop, but this song has been stuck in my head lately. Vid is kinda weird

after a long time out, former f(x) Sulli is back with Goblin:

love Goblin. would be easy to make a song about this kind of subject matter feel exploitative or overly depressing, but i think Sulli does a good job making it seem personal and also finding the positivity.

Sulli's whole mini album is pretty great with a nice, pretty unique sound all the way through:

in song of the year contention for me alongside Sunmi's Noir, TWICE's Fancy, BIBI's Nabi, and Yukika's Neon.

Last edited:
love Goblin. would be easy to make a song about this kind of subject matter feel exploitative or overly depressing, but i think Sulli does a good job making it seem personal and also finding the positivity.

Sulli's whole mini album is pretty great with a nice, pretty unique sound all the way through:

in song of the year contention for me alongside Sunmi's Noir, TWICE's Fancy, BIBI's Nabi, and Yukika's Neon.

Yeah that's a good debut single. Got to listen to it a while ago, and I just fell in love with her last track 'Dorothy'. Listening that track almost felt like I was in a another world. heh

New summer title track from Gfriend.

Honey Popcorn makes a comeback, now as 5 members.

Last edited:
Honey Popcorn makes a comeback, now as 5 members.

think Bibidi Bobidi Boo stood out more, but this is another pleasant, safe release from them. feels like an A Pink song.

Back