Kpop/Jpop Music Station Thread

looked for a VOD on the NHK World website the other day, but couldn't find it unfortunately.
Apparently this Songs of Tokyo Festival was like a 4 part series with different band themes in each like newbies, old established, anime, old anime. The nice thing was the Q&A and hearing these guys speaking a bit of English, especially the band members who are usually quiet in the background.

I think I need to seek out some LUNA SEA since I like their Gundam Origin Higher and Higher song. Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra also performed their song from the old Nanako Matsushima drama.

Years ago when NHK World had a two part L'arc en Ciel World Tour special, they never re-played it.

This is old, but the combination of goofy M/V and dramatic singing brings the lulz:

not technically kpop but w/e. this album slaps.

Last edited:
wanted to pick some of my favorites of the year, so...

Best Song: Sunmi - LALALAY

As usual for Sunmi, LALALAY and its music video have plenty of meaning as explained in this video, and she's consistently excellent.

There was a lot to choose from, and Sunmi's other song Noir was also great. Twice's Fancy was one of their best (maybe their best) releases, Lim Kim's confrontational Yellow was excellent, and Mamamoo's Hip and Red Velvet's late entry Psycho were also fantastic.

Best Debut: Yukika - Neon

City Pop has been working its way into Kpop more and more lately, and Yukika's debut came out of nowhere and made the best use of the style for me.

Again, there were plenty of good choices, with Everglow's surprising Bon Bon Chocolat and Bibi's Binu (I preferred Nabi) being other great debuts.

Best Performance: AOA - Egotistic / Siyeon (Dreamcatcher) - Overdose

Queendom had a ton of great performances, but AOA's cover of Mamamoo's Egotistic stole the show for me.

V-1 was more underwhelming as a competition show, but Siyeon's cover of Overdose was fantastic and completely turned the song into her own style.

Best Song of the Decade: IU - Sogyeokdong

Also wanted to choose a song of the decade and for me, there was one clear choice. This song blew me away in 2014 when I was getting into Kpop and it's been peerless since. A great stylish and emotional song about Korea's troubled history.

iTunes has The Yellow Monkey's Suna no Tou but it's under the English translation Tower of Sand.

I'm wondering what else I couldn't find because I searched the Japanese name.

Goodie but oldie

Last edited:
Ladybaby dropped this.
Special message at the end of the song.

Last edited:
The early 2020 comebacks from Everglow, Gfriend and BIBI are here.

The early 2020 comebacks from Everglow, Gfriend and BIBI are here.

very different sounds, but really liked Everglow and BIBI's comebacks. GFriend just ain't for me.

former Good Day also re-debuted as Cignature:

think they're going for a similar sound to Red Velvet's higher energy poppy songs. they were part of the survival show The Unit and i've had a soft spot for them since.

Loona releases their new and a bit more rap heavy title track. Good to see they have returned.

#restwellhaseul

A performance video from an OST by Sunmi was released just recently. Haven't seen this K-drama, but damn this is a banger right here!

And they are back! {<Mcgoat}

And they are back! {<Mcgoat}

d21B9Df.gif

finally. really glad to see them back and this is their best title track in my opinion.

d21B9Df.gif

finally. really glad to see them back and this is their best title track in my opinion.
Yeah the song is great, along with the b-sides. Man, I'm loving this month so far with all these GG releases. And Spring is almost here too. Looking forward to see what's coming next month.

New title track from Dreamcatcher.

Back