Kpop/Jpop Music Station Thread

MV for project group Refund Girls (legends Uhm Junghwa, Lee Hyori, Jessi, and Hwasa):

part of a variety show, the song is great and it's good to see a group of powerful women in the business who have gone through some similar issues of how they've been portrayed getting together like this.

Damn they haven’t aged so gracefully but their talent still shines through. I would wish them luck but they don’t need it, thanks for sharing!

*Edit*
That came off more disrespectful then intended, none of them look bad and they are singers not models. Sorry ladies.

Last edited:
Damn they haven’t aged so gracefully but their talent still shines through. I would wish them luck but they don’t need it, thanks for sharing!

*Edit*
That came off more disrespectful then intended, none of them look bad and they are singers not models. Sorry ladies.
i think for most of them the strong makeup isn't doing them any favors (although i don't necessarily think it's meant to make them look more "beautiful").

Hyori is showing her age a bit and no longer in her prime, but still looks amazing imo, and Hwasa is still a goddess in my eyes (You're The Best era, with the short orange hair, was her best look though and maybe the best look in the history of kpop for my money).

and not that i'm against plastic surgery, and you gotta do what you gotta do to like what you see in the mirror, but Jessi and Uhm Jung Hwa have very unnatural looks imo which are only excentuated by the hair and makeup choices here. i think Uhm Jung Hwa especially can look significantly better with weaker makeup and less severe expressions like in this Knowing Bros clip.

CL's new song really feels like the sort of music I was expecting her to release during her annoying hiatus. Sounds very 2015 but still a banger imo

TWICE Japanese comeback:

best Japanese release from TWICE imo. a lot of them also get to sing in more natural lower registers (i think that's the word) which is great, especially Sana whose voice is almost unrecognizable. i feel like the chorus starts off sounding similar to Feel Special, but the song takes weird "un-poppy" paths with the stripped-down, descending prechorus (the first starting at 50 seconds) that leads into the chorus that is completely TWICE's style. and the MV is also fantastic.

for me, this is a surprisingly great Japanese release.

Just recently, Sakurazaka46, formerly known as Keyakizaka46 released their newest music video.

Unfortunately, the MV can't be embedded or linked here since it contains an offensive slur in the url ... So yeah, here's the live version instead. <Oku01>

Edit: Another Sakurazaka46 MV just came out a few days ago.

Last edited:
NiziU debut single:

a bit bittersweet for them i'm sure with Miihi sitting out but her presence in this release is pretty large and the lyrics are obviously not only directed at their audience but clearly at her as well. very good debut and it's not like this is anything prophetic but they're going to be huge. particular standouts for me are Mayuka's rap and the "step and a step" choreo. ultimately, the best thing about this song is its heartfelt and important message to one of the group's youngest members.

Last edited:
Nayeon was on Vlive yesterday and talked about watching movies and she said she watched a film, I think it was Southpaw and after that watched the Conor McGregor documentary Notorious, what an unexpected and hilarious crossing of worlds lol.

As an Irish Once and UFC fan this is very unexpected but welcomed. Lol.

Dreamcatcher SuA, Siyeon, Yoohyeon perfecting another song by some nameless boy group:

Back