Kristina Williams and Tyrell Fortune Going Into Free Agency With 1st Round Losses

Fortune said he had 2 fights left on his contra t before the Tim Johnson fight, so I guess he has another fight left on hia contract.
Only going by @trentkelp since he is the resident Sherdog Tyrell Fortune super fan and really keeps up with him.

Would be horrible decision to let Fortune leave, he still huge talent at HW. I'm sure they will hammer out new contract, just won't be as lucrative since he got K.O'd

I still like Tyrell going to the UFC. Only issue now is he has very little leverage. So I'd go for a 4 fight deal and if you prove your worth you'll make the money on the next contract.

If the UFC deal is just to low to accept try doing a short term deal with Bellator that pays better. Last resort I think is PFL. What is your value if you get KO in the first round, nothing. If you win it all great and you can cash in on that. But that is a big "IF".

He should re-sign with Bellator and have a fight against Mir or Nelson and just bounce back from this. Re-match Johnson after and hopefully still be in title contention by the end of the year. HW division is thin enough to put him back in top contention by the end of the year.

I still like Tyrell going to the UFC. Only issue now is he has very little leverage. So I'd go for a 4 fight deal and if you prove your worth you'll make the money on the next contract.

If the UFC deal is just to low to accept try doing a short term deal with Bellator that pays better. Last resort I think is PFL. What is your value if you get KO in the first round, nothing. If you win it all great and you can cash in on that. But that is a big "IF".

If he wants into the UFC he might have to have a couple of fights in LFA or CFFC first, they don't seem to sign people coming off losses these days. If he gets a couple of wins over solidish regional guys like Josh Parisian or Greg Rebello or something then they can bring him in on a winning run.

Haven't kept up. Wasn't fortune talking shit before this fight?

Back