Law KyrieAnna Liles back in Court tomo. #FreeKiwi

So their investigation is not over until they say it is and you can go.

They have to have RAS to detain you. They didn't have it when she closed the door, which is the equivalent of walking away.

It's a good thing there are people like me, that still care about the rights people like you, don't even realize you have.

They have to have RAS to detain you. They didn't have it when she closed the door, which is the equivalent of walking away.

It's a good thing there are people like me, that still care about the rights people like you, don't even realize you have.

She was reported and on a video with a deadly weapon in her hand knocking on doors and on people's property. They did have RAS. They would have gotten hell of they just let he go and she stabbed someone or committed other violence against someone.

Again the cops did not release her and had the right within a reasonable time period to detain her to complete their investigation.

Do you actually give legal advice to physically resist the police if they detain you don't want to stay.

If so that's some realy bad advice.

She was reported and on a video with a deadly weapon in her hand knocking on doors and on people's property. They did have RAS.

And the Cops made contact with the reporting persons, and collectively conluded no crime had occurred. But 3 monthe later, you see RAS where they investigated and concluded a crime had not been committed.

They would have gotten hell of they just let he go and she stabbed someone or committed other violence against someone.

They did investigate. And concluded there was no criminal activity afoot. By the time they reached Ms. Liles house, they weren't investigating a crime, they were investigating behavior they though to be unusual. One need not be a legal scholar to understand the difference....but here you are.

Again the cops did not release her and had the right within a reasonable time period to detain her to complete their investigation.

You are just waxxing ignorant. They have to have RAS to detain. If they would've had RAS, they would have charged her with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and fleeing and eluding, AS WELL AS THE CRIME THEY HAD REASONABLE ARTICULABLE SUSPICION THAT SHE COMMITTED.

Do you actually give legal advice to physically resist the police if they detain you don't want to stay.

If so that's some realy bad advice.

"Give me liberty, or give me death" - Patrick Henry

The investigation is clearly not finished. One of the officers clearly states we’ll go and try to find the lady and see what we have got on her end. They also have a reason to believe she has a weapon which is enough for them to ask her to step out of the car.

They also have a reason to believe she has a weapon which is enough for them to ask her to step out of the car.
Mimms v PA authorizes having someone exit a vehicle......for officer safety......during a lawful detention

Sergeant Amar Gandhi, the same spokesman that narrated the critical incident brief. On the day of this incident before the the footage was reviewed said "I guarantee on my best day and your worst, if you have a knife, you can cover 7 yards before I even unholster my gun."

Using that same logic, if the belief is that she may have a knife, the safest place for everyone during this consensual encounter is for her to stay in the car, with the window down. Which also would have eliminated any temptation the officers had to place hands on Ms. Liles without lawful justification to do so. Not to mention it keeps the pooch contained.

Mimms v PA authorizes having someone exit a vehicle......for officer safety......during a lawful detention

Sergeant Amar Gandhi, the same spokesman that narrated the critical incident brief. On the day of this incident before the the footage was reviewed said "I guarantee on my best day and your worst, if you have a knife, you can cover 7 yards before I even unholster my gun."

Using that same logic, if the belief is that she may have a knife, the safest place for everyone during this consensual encounter is for her to stay in the car, with the window down. Which also would have eliminated any temptation the officers had to place hands on Ms. Liles without lawful justification to do so. Not to mention it keeps the pooch contained.

The officers clearly state they are going to talk to her as part of their investigation. So the detention was lawful. They have a right to ask her out of the car for their safety. She refused to comply with a lawful order. What wasn’t lawful was her attempt to flee and in the manner she did.

The officers clearly state they are going to talk to her as part of their investigation. So the detention was lawful.

The detention is lawful because the Officer said so? What a terrible take.

Landmark cases about Stop and frisk. And the expansion of that detention to include having someone exit a vehicle for officer safety. At the core of both is a lawful Terry detention prior to the further intrusion of the Terry "frisk", or a Mimms "order to exit". A lawful detention requires RAS.

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/392/1/

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/434/106/

Over the last few days a 995 Motion to dismiss was filed on Ms. Liles behalf by her PD. In all honesty, this motion should have been filed as soon as the PD had the opportunity to review the discovery, but better late than never.

Just taking a wild ass guess here, I think the 995 will use the bodycam footage to show that Officer Bollinger is not a credible witness by showing how he violated department policy numerous times, penal code several times, while violating multiple Citizens Rights, and endangering the community at large.

#FreeKiwi

Got the update on the situation. I get that @kyrieannas_mawm isn't supposed to post here due to the normal rules. However, she's clearly not a troll shithead that should have to jump through hoops to resume posting in here after being banned multiple times. It'd be nice if she could contribute.

Back