Economy LA man waiting months for unemployment aid says California EDD put him on hold for 9 hours

Holyshit...My dad has been on the phone all day for EDD, we are in california as well.....They never answered him, they closed already, they claim they close at 8pm but it's 7pm.

They haven't gave him shit, he's been unemployed for like 3 months....He did his paperwork etc.....disgrace.

I waited 2 hrs on Friday on hold to get an answer about a margin-glitch at an enormous private bank where I have "platinum member status" and a bunch of assets.
Proof all banks are broken!

This is happening in a lot of states. There's many SUI agencies that have just decided to have their number say "We are currently closed" for months and you have to find some way to correspond via mail or hopefully email but it seems like a lot of places almost try to take down anyway to contact them. Maryland was one of the worst ones I noticed last year but I didn't have to contact every state either.

Probably due to outdated computer software. I know it's a huge issue here in Oregon. I'm sure most states are the same.

Probably due to outdated computer software. I know it's a huge issue here in Oregon. I'm sure most states are the same.

Another thing about it is most states run withholding through their department of revenue and their unemployment through their department of labor. Overall, it seems like the unemployment programs are always a worse system in general in terms of a portal, contacting anyone in them, and dealing with any issues that arise. I always wondered why more states wouldn't shift some of the work over to revenue at least in terms of returns/ payments but I'm not familiar really with the inner working of state governments. There's likely a reason.

hope he has unlimited minutes

Holyshit...My dad has been on the phone all day for EDD, we are in california as well.....They never answered him, they closed already, they claim they close at 8pm but it's 7pm.

They haven't gave him shit, he's been unemployed for like 3 months....He did his paperwork etc.....disgrace.

Here with a few government agencies, our Revenue Agency being the most famous, there’s actually been admission that being on hold for longer lengths of time in no way moves you up, and that immediate callers have at least as good and usually higher call priority, so it is actually worth calling back over and over vs waiting.

Would be worth looking online to see if your systems work the same.

Alot of companies i speak to tell you if its a long wait queue and offer to call you back when your are next in the queue.

I can't imagine this is expensive software.

Back