Economy Landlords look for an exit amid federal eviction moratorium

I'd favor a model similar to this. Affordable and not subject to market forces.
https://www.huduser.gov/portal/pdredge/pdr_edge_featd_article_011314.html
And that's fine, but it isn't what we're talking about. Low income housing is a thing the world over and is something that should be available. Here in Calgary we're running pilot projects for vets in that amount to tiny homes where participation in upkeep and the community is required for tenancy. I'm all for it, yet got slammed for advocating for high density housing, aka ghettos.

This isn't an either / or conversation and the landlord with a dozen or more rental properties isn't the norm. Many have investment properties that are their retirement plans and they're not predatory or some evil masterminds looking maximize profits at all costs. I talk to these people almost daily and think you have a very odd view of who they actually are.

And that's fine, but it isn't what we're talking about. Low income housing is a thing the world over and is something that should be available. Here in Calgary we're running pilot projects for vets in that amount to tiny homes where participation in upkeep and the community is required for tenancy. I'm all for it, yet got slammed for advocating for high density housing, aka ghettos.

This isn't an either / or conversation and the landlord with a dozen or more rental properties isn't the norm. Many have investment properties that are their retirement plans and they're not predatory or some evil masterminds looking maximize profits at all costs. I talk to these people almost daily and think you have a very odd view of who they actually are.
We have low income for the very poor. I don't know how it is in Canada, but here, if you can make too much to qualify for low income housing but still not enough to afford rent and you're just stuck in that gap treading water month to month with no margin for error. Also, even if you qualify for low income housing, there isn't an adequate supply to meet the need.

A lot of these landlords are scum and if they end up getting murked by the people they’re throwing into the streets I will offer no thoughts or prayers

A lot of these landlords are scum and if they end up getting murked by the people they’re throwing into the streets I will offer no thoughts or prayers

CBS Evening News (@CBSEveningNews) Tweeted:
New York landlord Brandie LaCasse has been waiting on rent from her tenants for nearly a year, but the single mother is living out of her car despite being owed more than $23,000 in unpaid rent by the state. https://t.co/1JTZ5qn4x2

Evil ex vet landlords living in their van while deadbeat scum live in their apartment rent free. I mean the landlord only poured her entire life savings and blood sweat and tears into the property.

What the fuck is it with you rightwingers and your strawman? It's like, you know your doing it, everyone else can see your doing it, but you keep doing it as though your making a valid argument. Are you really just that dishonest?

I literally built houses for 15 years. I built my house with my own labor. I spent thousands of hours on it building it and improving it.

And you are fucking so stupid you think someone should get to live there for free. You are insane.

Last edited:
I literally built houses for 15 years. I built my house with my own labor. I spent thousands of hours on it building it and improving it.

And you arer fucking so stupid you think someone should get to live there for free. You are insane.
Insane is an understatement. It’s always the people that never put in the effort, never lived the experience, entitled, that think they understand complex subjects.

CPS doesn't come take your kid because you lose your housing.
The 7k can be applied to any housing. If they can't find new housing to apply free money towards, aka no land lord wants to take them even after getting 7k up front, they're such piles of trash, that it makes sense the government doesn't trust them with their own kids.

Don't buy into political half truths. This is literally just liberal gaslighting

And you are fucking so stupid you think someone should get to live there for free. You are insane.
Yes, it's absolute insanity. Much like leftist policies today that are passed on emotions without looking at the numbers and the impact it has on people around them.

Congrats on building your own house. How much were you able to save and how long did it take to complete?

Yes, it's absolute insanity. Much like leftist policies today that are passed on emotions without looking at the numbers and the impact it has on people around them.

Congrats on building your own house. How much were you able to save and how long did it take to complete?

It was a tear down and rebuild. It was crazy. The septic tank was busted and they let shit rot the floors. I did owner/builder and the inspector was a cock. All new plumbing, electrical, drywall and stucco. Took out a load bearing wall, had engineering done to put in a massive beam. Converted a breezeway to two bedrooms. Converted a garage to a master room and bathroom.

Paid 80k for the rotting shit hole and put 80k more into it. The hours put in are impossible to quantify. Plus my dad put in few hundred hours.

And I make a garbage 1,300 dollars a month in rent now . I wish it burned down.

It was a tear down and rebuild. It was crazy. The septic tank was busted and they let shit rot the floors. I did owner/builder and the inspector was a cock. All new plumbing, electrical, drywall and stucco. Took out a load bearing wall, had engineering done to put in a massive beam. Converted a breezeway to two bedrooms. Converted a garage to a master room and bathroom.

Paid 80k for the rotting shit hole and put 80k more into it. The hours put in are impossible to quantify. Plus my dad put in few hundred hours.

And I make a garbage 1,300 dollars a month in rent now . I wish it burned down.
Holy shit that's a lot of work. Hope you at least have equity in the place. I'm actively looking for a lot now and hope to start next summer/fall. Gonna be doing owner/builder as well.

Holy shit that's a lot of work. Hope you at least have equity in the place. I'm actively looking for a lot now and hope to start next summer/fall. Gonna be doing owner/builder as well.

Good luck with permit process, fees, red tape and cock faced inspectors. I built in California. It was nightmare fuel.

Last edited:

It’s the entitlement generation

“What can this country do for me…”
The end

Back