Lara vs Alvarez Aug.31st PBC Fox

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
The pair of former titlists and current super middleweights will once again collide in a title eliminator, with their rematch taking place August 31 in a primetime edition of Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) on Fox. The pairing was confirmed during Wednesday’s episode of FS1’s Inside PBC Boxing although the venue has yet to be announced although Brooklyn’s Barclays Center is a possibility.

Headlining the show, former 154-pound titlist Erislandy Lara (25-3-3, 14KOs) will face Ramon Alvarez (28-7-3, 16KOs). The bout will be Lara’s second first an Alvarez family member, having dropped a July 2014 majority decision to Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez, who was months removed from his super welterweight title reign and still a year away from becoming middleweight champion.

quillin-truax%20(1)_1.jpg

https://www.boxingscene.com/truax-quillin-ii-lara-alvarez-announced-831-pbc-on-fox--139733

Last edited:
Lara vs Ramon Alvarez? Jesus Christ I nearly went to sleep just for finding out about it

This garbage fight will do massive views for some weird reason.

lara2.jpg

Greg Leon: What's the latest and greatest brother? What's cooking?Erislandy Lara: "Right now, as you know, I'm getting ready to fight Ramon Alvarez [28-7-3], the brother of [world middleweight champion] Canelo Alvarez, on August 31st in Minnesota. You already know that I've got a lot of history with that family and we're looking to see if this can be made an eliminator to fight the winner of Brian Castano vs. Michel Soro. I'm hoping that winning this fight will get me back into that mandatory position."

GL: Are you disappointed at all that it's not Brian Castano right back?

EL: "If you look at my resume, I don't pick my fights, I just fight. Soro stepped aside the first time and he didn't want to do it again, so I respect his decision as a fighter. I can't sit around and wait, this is my career and I'm on the last stretch of my career and if you look at my last several fights it's been one tough fight after another. I think this is a good fight for me against Canelo Alvarez's brother and I can't sleep on him because as you just saw with Andy Ruiz, anything is possible in boxing. He wants to make a name for himself too and this is going to be a very entertaining and interesting fight."

GL: If you weren't fighting Canelo Alvarez's brother, would it be impossible for you to get up for this fight?

Erislandy Lara: "That's a good question. You already know that as this stage of my career I want the biggest fights. I want to fight the best and I've been fighting undefeated guy after undefeated guy, but there is some bad blood here because I feel like I beat Canelo clearly and I didn't get the credit for it, so now his brother is going to face the repercussions a few years later. I'm hoping that a great performance will put me back in that rematch because I feel like I can beat him even cleaner this time around."

GL: Will this be a no mercy type of fight? Will you punish him a little extra to try to lure Canelo into the ring with you?

EL: "I've got to go out there and fight my hardest, whether it's Castano, whether it's Jarett Hurd, whoever it is, I'm standing in there and fighting. Y'all can expect to see me get out there and stop Ramon Alvarez, I'm stopping Canelo Alvarez's brother."

GL: Are you standing there and fighting more now because your legs are no longer the same or because you've mastered fighting in the pocket?

EL: "Realistically I think it's a little bit of both, but I think that I've mastered my distance to where I can get my shots off without having to move so much. Right now I can do a lot of different things and after six split decisions or majority decisions on my resume, I think I need to be aggressive to make sure I don't keep getting the short end of the decision."

GL: Closing thoughts.

EL: "Tune in on August 31st for a great night of boxing, and thank you G for always reaching out."

Boxingtalk.com

BoxingScene.com had been advised that the World Boxing Association has sanctioned Erislandy Lara vs. Ramon Alvarez for the WBA interim-junior middleweight title.

The winner of the fight will collide with the victor of Michel Soro (33-2-1, 22KOs) and Magomed Kurbanov (17-0, 11KOs), who battle for the vacant WBA "regular" junior middleweight title on July 20th in Paris, France. Soro also holds the WBA's "gold" title.

The WBA's "super" champion at 154 is Julian Williams, who also holds the IBF, IBO titles.

Lara will finally get a win over Alvarez.<{outtahere}>

Former super welterweight champion Erislandy Lara (25-3-3) and his longtime trainer Ronnie Shields are no longer working together as Lara prepares for his August 31st fight against Ramon Alvarez (28-7-3).

According to Lara's manager Luis DeCubas Jr. the split was amicable. The fight will headline a FS1 card in Minnesota with the interim WBA super welterweight title at stake.

erislandy-lara%20(6)_3.jpg

Former super welterweight champion Erislandy Lara (25-3-3) and his longtime trainer Ronnie Shields are no longer working together as Lara prepares for his August 31st fight against Ramon Alvarez (28-7-3).

According to Lara's manager Luis DeCubas Jr. the split was amicable. The fight will headline a FS1 card in Minnesota with the interim WBA super welterweight title at stake.

erislandy-lara%20(6)_3.jpg
Hes back with Salas who trained him for his first 10 fights as a pro.
@Sinister
You think a switch like this is good for him?

When you hear people say 'Put Boxing back on network TV" these aren't the fights those people were talking about.

Remember when PBC and their fighters were talking about free fights and the death to PPV? Yeah, that didn't last long.

When you hear people say 'Put Boxing back on network TV" these aren't the fights those people were talking about.

Remember when PBC and their fighters were talking about free fights and the death to PPV? Yeah, that didn't last long.
The weird thing is that it'll get good views. Lara disappoints and stinks fights out time and again but people tune in for some reason.

Hes back with Salas who trained him for his first 10 fights as a pro.
@Sinister
You think a switch like this is good for him?

Yes. Salas makes them train like they used to in Cuba, when they show up that is. Although, Erislandy is going to have a bit of ego problems if he doesn't feel like it's a fit. It SHOULD be a fit, just sometimes these guys get set in their ways. If he listens to Salas on the same level Ugas did, he can revitalize himself.

Yes. Salas makes them train like they used to in Cuba, when they show up that is. Although, Erislandy is going to have a bit of ego problems if he doesn't feel like it's a fit. It SHOULD be a fit, just sometimes these guys get set in their ways. If he listens to Salas on the same level Ugas did, he can revitalize himself.
I agree

BoxingScene.com had been advised that the World Boxing Association has officially upgraded the upcoming junior middleweight fight between Erislandy Lara and Ramon Alvarez.

Initially, they were scheduled to fight for the WBA's "interim" title, but now the vacant "regular" title will be at stake.

The winner of the fight will have 120 days to collide with WBA "gold" champion Michel Soro (33-2-1, 22KOs), who last month stopped Anderson Prestot in five rounds in Paris, France.

FBD7E27A-B63C-4199-9703-4EE98E3651F1.jpeg

Quillin moved to September

Last edited:
Back