Elections Larry Elder vs Gavin Newsom

Who will win the recall election?

• Total voters
Lol and that just proves how dumb and awful you are. You basically just tao danced “I love the msm human centipede, feed me excrement! I gobble it all down”
Lol someone asks you for a specific example of MSM taking Elder's statement on Reparations out of context and instead of posting examples you go on with a personal attack. Pathetic trolling.

Look at all those weak ass betas voting now that newsom won, lol you lefties are pathetic.

You’re probably right, but it’s insame to me to stir all that shit for nothing.
It's shocking that there are no adults with non insane views willing to step up in the Republican party. California aside, the Republican party needs to really reassess their attachment to Trumpism...running a serious moderate Republican would have made this recall very interesting, Newsom was very vulnerable...but instead the right chose a complete shitshow Trumper candidate who had no chance.

About 8 posts above this. I posted a pic
Alright, I read the post but couldn't find the full clip of what Elder said.

From the context of what I heard it seemed like an if/then situation. If you give reparations then you have to give reparations to slave owners. He's making a claim that both slaves as well as slavers suffered injuries during this. Slaves by being enslaved, and slave owners by having their legal "property" taken away from them.

The main issue with his argument is that the justification for the slaveowners receiving reparations is the reason former slaves deserved reparations, a system by the government on every level that allowed people to be declared property. He even brought up England paying slaveowners as justification for his stance.

He gave a horrible example for why he doesn't believe in reparations.

It's shocking that there are no adults with non insane views willing to step up in the Republican party. California aside, the Republican party needs to really reassess their attachment to Trumpism...running a serious moderate Republican would have made this recall very interesting, Newsom was very vulnerable...but instead the right chose a complete shitshow Trumper candidate who had no chance.

Newsom wasn't really vulnerable, though the recall process itself is badly designed and any governor is more vulnerable in a recall than in a real election. As to the first part, any decent, non-stupid Republicans are either going to be pushed out of the party is they come out as sane or will have to keep quiet. The issue is the base, and the issue with the base is a combination of distrust in legitimate information sources plus the existence of an alternative-reality media sphere.

Newsom wasn't really vulnerable, though the recall process itself is badly designed and any governor is more vulnerable in a recall than in a real election. As to the first part, any decent, non-stupid Republicans are either going to be pushed out of the party is they come out as sane or will have to keep quiet. The issue is the base, and the issue with the base is a combination of distrust in legitimate information sources plus the existence of an alternative-reality media sphere.
I don't know man, Larry Elder motivated a lot of unmotivated Democrats to vote...Trumpish idiot Republicans are great for turning out Dems.

I agree about the penchant for believing lies as well as the alternative reality problem regarding Republicans these days. But I also think there is a huge issue with fear and grievances at the base of the willingness of otherwise rational people to believe in alternative realities. It's going to get much worse unfortunately, even if the numbers of them twindle.

I don't know man, Larry Elder motivated a lot of unmotivated Democrats to vote...Trumpish idiot Republicans are great for turning out Dems.

I agree about the penchant for believing lies as well as the alternative reality problem regarding Republicans these days. But I also think there is a huge issue with fear and grievances at the base of the willingness of otherwise rational people to believe in alternative realities. It's going to get much worse unfortunately, even if the numbers of them twindle.

There was a reasonable moderate Republican candidate and another far-right guy who was at least respectable.

Back