Last/Next Concert(s) and tour/show announcement thread

Got to see Tsuruda on July 4th. His set was nasty as hell and I got to meet him afterwards. Seemed like a cool guy; only got a minute or two, so I just said thank you for the music and stuff.

Last edited:
Was at IDLES last night in Iveagh Gardens, absolutely breathtaking gig. Just great music, good weather, and positive vibes. About 4000 people crammed into Iveagh Gardens

I was a sweaty bastard by the end of it with all the moshing, but it was all good spirited. IDLES just have so much energy, good messages about mental health and politics. Random people crowd surfing, random crowd members on stage....for some reason they sang Living on a Prayer at one point, and at the end in lieu of an encore they said someone had to get up and sing an Irish song....which resulted in 4000 people belting out Óró, sé do bheatha 'bhaile. Awesome thing to experience at the end of a great gig.

I’d love to see some shows in LA. At least I’ve romanticized it that way!

I’d love to see some shows in LA. At least I’ve romanticized it that way!
I was going to drive out to LA to see Temple of the Dog at the Hollywood Bowl (I've also told myself I was going to see Radiohead there at least twice. Next time. I hope.)and fucked up the dates so I missed. It was my last chance to see Cornell, who I never saw. The other time I was to see Cornell, I flew out to NY to see him and as we pulled up to the theatre (a couple hours drive from the airport) there was a sign that it was cancelled rescheduled. But don't feel bad for me, a girl I know, one of my best friends, asked me to see him years ago, for some reason, I can't honestly remember why, I said 'nah'.... this concludes today's episode of Poor Life Decisions on Sherdog's Abbey Road.

Last year I was supposed to see Willie Nelson and Allison Krauss. It was another concert I was going to have to drive hours to see (closest airport was at least an hour away and I like a long drive). Plans fell through. Thought it was my last chance to see Willie (I don't really want to see Willie & Sons). This year, a miracle of miracles has occurred and Willie is playing w/ Allison Krauss AND Bonnie Raitt in Saratoga, NY. I have people up there so I'm trying to negotiate that around 2 other trips I have planned back East. Cross your fingers peeps.

I saw TotD and Soundgarden at Lolapalooza in ‘92.

@bootsy I really liked that band you recommended. How was that show?
Their live show is incredible. They’re a lot more raw live.
Where are you located, pal?

Last edited:
I saw TotD and Soundgarden at Lolapalooza in ‘92.

Their live show is incredible. They’re a lot more raw live.
Where are you located, pal?

Lolapalooza is another sad story.
Had great seats for the first palooza and wrecked my ankle playing hoop the day before.
Janes broke after that and I never saw them (thrill was gone by the time the got back together).

AZ

Went to 2000 Trees festival last weekend and enjoyed it far more than I was expecting. Saw some incredible bands...Palm Reader, Cancer Bats, MOL, Every Time I Die, Jamie Lenman, Rolo Tomassi, and a ton more I'm forgetting.

Next up is Meshuggah at Arctangent in August. Unbelievably excited to be seeing them for the first time.

Just saw the Killers for the first time last week, was a great show, never been to Caesars in Windsor before. Next up is Modest Mouse in September, pretty excited for that.

Just saw the Killers for the first time last week, was a great show, never been to Caesars in Windsor before. Next up is Modest Mouse in September, pretty excited for that.
Would have loved to see Modest Mouse in a smaller venue. They are opening for Black Keys at my least favourite venue in Toronto, so I’m skipping it.

Would have loved to see Modest Mouse in a smaller venue. They are opening for Black Keys at my least favourite venue in Toronto, so I’m skipping it.
Yeah, last time I saw them was at the Sound Academy, it was great, but they don't make it to Canada too often so I'm biting the bullet, they are my favorite band.

Yeah, last time I saw them was at the Sound Academy, it was great, but they don't make it to Canada too often so I'm biting the bullet, they are my favorite band.
It’s bizarre, but I didn’t get into them until about ten years ago. I was in a shop and I asked about the music,
“Is this new Built to Spill?”
“No, it’s old Modest Mouse.”

It’s bizarre, but I didn’t get into them until about ten years ago. I was in a shop and I asked about the music,
“Is this new Built to Spill?”
“No, it’s old Modest Mouse.”
Well that's a lucky strike alright. Do you remember the song? I got into them when Good News came out and then ate up their whole catalog, I wasn't too thrilled with their last album but that's probably a little because they've been hitting home runs for so long.

Caught seven Phish shows this tour, 2 at SPAC which were awesome, 2 at Fenway which were okay and the last three at Alpine which were monumental. Sunday night's show is one of the best I've seen by them. The 38 minute Ruby Waves they played Sunday is their 7th longest jam in Phish history and it was fantastic! Several "bust-out" tunes throughout and my first Icculus. Great show.

Not sure what's next. Hoping Ween announces more shows this fall.

I was going to drive out to LA to see Temple of the Dog at the Hollywood Bowl (I've also told myself I was going to see Radiohead there at least twice. Next time. I hope.)and fucked up the dates so I missed. It was my last chance to see Cornell, who I never saw. The other time I was to see Cornell, I flew out to NY to see him and as we pulled up to the theatre (a couple hours drive from the airport) there was a sign that it was cancelled rescheduled. But don't feel bad for me, a girl I know, one of my best friends, asked me to see him years ago, for some reason, I can't honestly remember why, I said 'nah'.... this concludes today's episode of Poor Life Decisions on Sherdog's Abbey Road.
It was a great show. All kinds of rumors vedder would show... turns out Andrew wood was more likely to attend

May go see claypool and Lennon tomorrow- just got to sell the wife while on vacation how cool it would be.

Ideas welcome

Not sure what's next. Hoping Ween announces more shows this fall.
I also hope they add more dates, but it’s highly unlikely they’ll play Toronto again.

Saw a local Aussie band called Cog last week, prog Rock (a little pop) trio, brilliant drummer.

Next would be Metallica in October.

:meow:

Almost went to Warped Tour but the lady friend had to work and I didn't feel like going alone. I just wanted to see Atreyu. Slipknot next week <GinJuice>

Back