Leandro Lo confirmed brain dead after shooting.

I've been to bed and had a night's sleep since reading this news. I have so many thoughts, don't really know where to start. So rather than subjecting F12 to my stream of consciousness, I'll make this point and a single share.

BJJ Scout was for a while considered the best channel on BJJ technique, analysis, etc. No less it was maybe a fellow F12er, @TrumpetDan we have our suspicions. That channel has analysis and synthesis of just 10 fighters, and just 6 BJJ athletes. And the first one is of Lo. At mid blue I benefitted a LOT from those breakdowns. I never met Leandro but his game managed to affect my game. Anyway, just a share of that playlist. All the other thoughts and emotions are fucking raw. This shit is insane.

I think that that's a lot of us. We still refer to a lot of that stuff as "The Leandro Lo <xyz tech>"

I remember the active posting from that video.

I'm brazilian myself and yeah, that is a pretty good movie.

There are a lot of stereotypes about Brazil so I don't want to extend this beyond what it is, but I can confirm that the police force here is absolutely atrocious and callous. The idea of gang violence in Brazil makes people think of cartels and stuff, but realistically we don't have cartels, what we have is small-time gangs and then militias and power-hungry officers, with great convergence between the latter two.

The police that does patroling(and is therefore responsible for most of the violence) is the millitary police, with the millitary in Brazil having inherited a lot of the authoritarian tendencies of our time as a U.S-puppet millitary junta. Its pretty outrageous and sad to have so much destruction brought by the people who are supposed to protect us.

PCC is seen as an international cartel that is expanding worldwide + they control the politics and the ports.

Police can be pretty rough in Brazil. Then again, a lot of them literally put their lives on the line, every single day as crime is one of the highest in the world and I'm sure it messes with a lot of people's brains. Plus they are underpaid, sometimes corrupt and often with no mental follow up. We had a similar case a few months ago in Curitiba, with an off duty cop looking for a fight with a security guard in a gas station, and suddenly he shot like a bunch of people (who weren't even involved) and killed a photographer. Dude was trying to claim insanity not to go to prison, because he know he will have his ass kicked and raped every day.

What I don't get from Leandro's murderer his story is that he already got arrested years ago for fighting with cops in a club and got sentenced to 9 months of jail with open regime, how could this guy still be a cop or become a cop?

What I don't get from Leandro's murderer his story is that he already got arrested years ago for fighting with cops in a club and got sentenced to 9 months of jail with open regime, how could this guy still be a cop or become a cop?
Hopefully, the stink from this case forces the government to really take a look at the military police and start some kind of reform, even if that "reform" simply means kicking out with bad records like Lo's killer.

He will be.... A Ex-cop in a Brazil prison won't last long.

They'll pause long enough to take this shithead out, then go back to murdering each other again.

I hope you're right, but don't they have protective custody in Brazilian prisons for high risk prisoners like ex-cops?

Not just custody, we have entire prisons for cops. He is mostly safe.

I'm brazilian myself and yeah, that is a pretty good movie.

There are a lot of stereotypes about Brazil so I don't want to extend this beyond what it is, but I can confirm that the police force here is absolutely atrocious and callous. The idea of gang violence in Brazil makes people think of cartels and stuff, but realistically we don't have cartels, what we have is small-time gangs and then militias and power-hungry officers, with great convergence between the latter two.

The police that does patroling(and is therefore responsible for most of the violence) is the millitary police, with the millitary in Brazil having inherited a lot of the authoritarian tendencies of our time as a U.S-puppet millitary junta. Its pretty outrageous and sad to have so much destruction brought by the people who are supposed to protect us.

Pretty sure I saw a video once of Brazilian Military Police opening up on a car driven by suspects with a helicopter door gun. They were using tracers to guide the rounds in, and it looked like something from a Vietnam War movie.

Unsurprisingly, this has been heavily discussed in the Grappling sub-forum. Apparently, the cop was drunk and walked up to Lo's table. He took one of the bottles there and drank from it. He then got in Lo's face and basically challenged him to do something about it.

Lo used minimum force to take the cop down and immobilise him until he seemed to have calmed down. The cop walked away from the table, but then circled back on Lo's blind side and shot him in the head at close range.

It's obvious the cop, who apparently is a Purple in BJJ himself, was looking for an excuse to hurt someone. It's entirely possible that even if Lo had just tried to ignore him, he would have kept escalating until Lo was forced to defend himself. His ego could not deal with being effortlessly taken down by a far superior fighter, so he murdered Lo. A pathetic, cowardly little man who's own fate, I sincerely hope, will be both painful and humiliating.
Los mother said the cop and Lo knew each other and had trained together before so Lo was known to cop and targeted for unknown reasons that will come out later I’m sure .

Pretty sure I saw a video once of Brazilian Military Police opening up on a car driven by suspects with a helicopter door gun. They were using tracers to guide the rounds in, and it looked like something from a Vietnam War movie.

There was a interesting documentary on the city of god DVD that showed the gangs in the favellas using tracers. Crazy stuff.

The killer is a police officer and with a decent rank of lieutenant He wasnt some pauper ignorant person. Dude clearly has serious psychological issues of insecurity and Lo was chosen as the "alpha" victim.

Tragic what happened to Lo. Apparently the police officer kicked him in the head twice after shooting him.

That's seriously fucked up.
I saw the footage of him being carried out of the club on a stretcher, just blood and mayhem. It's seriously fucked up. He was already dead or dying, and people just couldn't believe it.

There are actual devils walking around among us. I used to not believe in good and evil, but bought the whole liberal idea of shades of grey, that everyone has some good in them... This cop was an EVIL person.

RIP Leandro Lo.

That's what this thread is about. And any posts relating to this specific case, or about anyone's reactions to it.

Just spent a little time weeding out a buncha posts from this thread, about anything else. Please make any socio-political argument style posts elsewhere, there's a war room for that.

This is a grappler's subforum, & we're mourning one of our own.

Thanks all.

Bas rutten had a fight at a Stockholm bar against 5 bouncers who got knocked down multiple times and severely injured.

Later, Rutten learned one of them was off duty police officer. "If I knew he was a cop, I wouldn't have done it” said Rutten.

The only person that I know who beat up a LE officer and got away with it without hiding or being retaliated is Micheal Landon in ”little house on the prairie”.

I had acess to the police report, it says the off duty officer was drunk and stealing bottles of booze from Lo’s table and saying to Lo “what are you going to do”, then Lo took him down and told him to chill and let him free. The guy pretended to go away, circled the table and shoot Lo on the left side of the forehead.

The guy who killed Lo is military police.

Do you guys know if the murderer was a BOPE officer?

No, regular military police, he was a lieutenant. The state of São Paulo doesn’t have a BOPE unit.

That makes sense. I would have been surprised if he was BOPE, from my understanding, they are a lot more selective about the kind of person they accept into that particular unit. Also I could be totally wrong, but someone once told me that every officer of BOPE has to be a blackbelt first. Not to say a blackbelt can't be a scumbag, it does happen, but it is somewhat rare. Lots more scumbag purplebelts out there, like the one who did this. Sorry purples! I'm only kidding. Kinda.

Back