Leave a legendary photo

That screen shot was from a nhb fight in Brazil in late 90s.
Well it certainly looks like that. Pele being in it,makes it almost a given lol.

Did you watch the fight? Both Georges and Dana were surprised when Buffer announced him as the winner. You can see it in their reactions and on their faces.

Now, GSP just seems to naturally mark up and show damage, I'll admit that. I mean, BJ and Diaz both made him look pretty scary, but still got the win. I'm not debating that cosmetic damage does not determine fights. I am saying that Hendricks won their fight (even though I was rooting for GSP -- is what is).

The good news is, you're mistaken! IMO, GSP clearly won the fight by the criteria of the round-by-round judging. There's certainly an argument to be made that Bigg Rigg won the fight by doing more damage, or by being more convincingly dominant overall, but having watched the fight a few times and being a GSP supporter myself, I think it's pretty obvious that the judges got the right guy, by the standards of the judging criteria. If you just "watch" the fight, though, I admit it looks like one guy is landing big bombs that stagger his opponent and is bullying him around while the other guy lands stiff but less-impactful jabs and takedowns that don't really translate into fight-ending threats.

I'll also admit to a personal bias, because my genetic background seems to be at least partially shared with an over-ripe peach. My face marks/bruises very easily. After even a medium-hard BJJ or Judo session, I'd come out looking like a jack-o-lantern. Got a big old welt on my forehead right now, in fact, from a pretty minor accidental elbow a few days ago.

maxresdefault.jpg

Is that actual shit on the canvas
oh_yes_creepy_loki.gif

Also it gets better...

“The most lucrative offer I’ve got is someone messaged me and said, ‘hey, we would love to pay’ — because I didn’t get my winnings. I would say I returned back with half of what I would have liked to have had, and so the most lucrative was, ‘hey, I would like to buy whatever kind of winnings you lost, I would like to buy your shorts for that same amount to hang them up and blah, blah blah in my man cave.’

“I was like, this is disgusting. There are some really disgusting people out there,” Kish said. “And so they offered me $15,000 for my shorts.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/7/...00-for-justine-kishs-soiled-reebok-shorts-mma

View attachment 946894

Also it gets better...

“The most lucrative offer I’ve got is someone messaged me and said, ‘hey, we would love to pay’ — because I didn’t get my winnings. I would say I returned back with half of what I would have liked to have had, and so the most lucrative was, ‘hey, I would like to buy whatever kind of winnings you lost, I would like to buy your shorts for that same amount to hang them up and blah, blah blah in my man cave.’

“I was like, this is disgusting. There are some really disgusting people out there,” Kish said. “And so they offered me $15,000 for my shorts.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/7/...00-for-justine-kishs-soiled-reebok-shorts-mma
Lol dafuq

Oh shiiiit! When was that? According to Wand's tattoos and face (clearly post-surgery to remove the scar tissue above his eyes), this would be wayyy after their second fight!

Reactions: HHJ
Back