Legacy wise do you rate Wilder on the same level as Wlad

BoxRec had Breazeale as a top 10 HW contender at the time he fought Wilder. Here's a snapshot 6 days after the Wilder fight (not long before the fight wasn't an option). The Ring and the TBRB didn't have him in their rankings. ESPN? I haven't checked their recent past heavyweight rankings yet.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190424162845/boxrec.com/en/boxer/629462
DB.png

Last edited:
BoxRec had Breazeale as a top 10 HW contender at the time he fought Wilder. Here's a snapshot 6 days after the Wilder fight (not long before the fight wasn't an option). The Ring and the TBRB didn't have him in their rankings. ESPN? I haven't checked their recent past heavyweight rankings yet.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190424162845/boxrec.com/en/boxer/629462
DB.png
I was wondering this the other day so I think you're the guy to ask Kov. You're a pretty objective dude, I cosigned you on here not long after you joined so I know you're cool. What do you think about wins vs the WAY somebody wins? Breazeale is not a great fighter by any means, how much more credit, in your opinion does a guy like Wilder get for ko'ing the way he did, if any?

I was wondering this the other day so I think you're the guy to ask Kov. You're a pretty objective dude, I cosigned you on here not long after you joined so I know you're cool. What do you think about wins vs the WAY somebody wins? Breazeale is not a great fighter by any means, how much more credit, in your opinion does a guy like Wilder get for ko'ing the way he did, if any?
Thanks dude. I consider the overall performance and method of victory, yeah. For example, Fury beat a slightly younger Wlad that hadn't lost in 11 years but it was a spoiling type of performance that put everybody off. AJ went to war with a recently beaten slightly older version of Wlad but he managed to stop him. Fury's performance was more impressive as far as taking less damage and winning more rounds but AJ got the better end result. Given the expectations at the time, the odds, and Wlad's form at that time, Fury's win was more impressive but I'd say AJ's victory over Wlad isn't far behind.

As for your actual question, I don't give much extra credit to Wilder if any for the way he handled Breazeale. As you said Breazeale is a bottom top 10 ranked contender or a fringe top 10 guy at best.

Thanks dude. I consider the overall performance and method of victory, yeah. For example, Fury beat a slightly younger Wlad that hadn't lost in 11 years but it was a spoiling type of performance that put everybody off. AJ went to war with a recently beaten slightly older version of Wlad but he managed to stop him. Fury's performance was more impressive as far as taking less damage and winning more rounds but AJ got the better end result. Given the expectations at the time, the odds, and Wlad's form at that time, Fury's win was more impressive but I'd say AJ's victory over Wlad isn't far behind.

As for your actual question, I don't give much extra credit to Wilder if any for the way he handled Breazeale. As you said Breazeale is a bottom top 10 ranked contender or a fringe top 10 guy at best.
Fury getting a decision over Wlad in Germany honestly is more impressive than Joshua knocking Wlad out

(Molina, Duhaupas, Szpilka, Arreola, Washington

were they at least in the top 15 of the time

Looking back will wilder be seen as dominant in the way Wlad was. Both dominant but sub par competition

Wlad was one of the most dominant Heavyweight champions. Not exciting but dominant,

Apart from Fury, Wilder only has a geriatric Ortiz on his resume.

So the answer is no.

Wilder isn't even going to end up top 5 from his era.

The other day I asked the question if TS was always an idiot. The reminder of this thread could not be a more emphatic answer.

Its not only about idiocy but a lot of Wilder fans have deep insecurities. A constant need to put Wilder on a pedestal ignoring reality. They fixate f.e. on Fury being KOd in the first fight no matter how often you explain to them what a knockout is in boxing. Its less about being a boxing fan ( a lot dont watch boxing) but being a fan of what Wilder stands for as a celebrity.

Nah,. he's a bit lower, though you can argue that the fury draw is better than any performance by wlad

Back