Lennox Lewis vs. Tyson Fury prime for prime.

One thing worth mentioning is that Lewis usually got winged by guys with faster hands who got inside his jab. If Mercer were A side, he probably would have won. Mercer used short, smooth moves and quicker hands.

Fury is slick too. Slicker than Lewis. With faster hands but with the height and reach and footwork. I think Fury only has to watch for the big punches, but he took Wilder's best, so....

It's close. You twist my arm I sat Fury. It's close.
He fought at range against shorter opponents. Not taller ones. He legit turned into a pressure fighter against 6'5+ fighters like Tyrell Biggs, Vitali Klitschko from round 3 onwards, Michael Grant and ESPECIALLY Henry Akinwande.

In these clips from the fight he fought VERY aggressively against 6'7 outboxer Akinwande, he went to the body, bullrushed him and let his hands fly when he had Akinwande on the ropes and fired uppercuts on the inside. Add to the fact that Fury doesn't have any notable power on the backfoot and Lewis more than likely would have steamrolled through him. Fury outboxed Klitschko because Klitschko was scared shitless to take the fight to Fury until round 12. Lewis would have done it no hesitation

Last edited:
I have a massive soft spot for Lennox. I have to go with him, I don't care.

Fury and he'd make it look easy.

Not to hate on Lennox, just a bad matchup for him. His methodical one-two style is just to simple for Fury and is too predicated on having the reach advantage.

He fought at range against shorter opponents. Not taller ones. He legit turned into a pressure fighter against 6'5+ fighters like Tyrell Biggs, Vitali Klitschko from round 3 onwards, Michael Grant and ESPECIALLY Henry Akinwande.

In these clips from the fight he fought VERY aggressively against 6'7 outboxer Akinwande, he went to the body, bullrushed him and let his hands fly when he had Akinwande on the ropes and fired uppercuts on the inside. Add to the fact that Fury doesn't have any notable power on the backfoot and Lewis more than likely would have steamrolled through him. Fury outboxed Klitschko because Klitschko was scared shitless to take the fight to Fury until round 12. Lewis would have done it no hesitation

He needed to fight fury the same way he fought Joshua. Had they had a 2nd fight it would have definitely looked different.

Not to hate on Lennox, just a bad matchup for him. His methodical one-two style is just to simple for Fury and is too predicated on having the reach advantage.
source.gif

As it was said earlier it's not like Lewis fought like everyone was David Tua. He could adjust pretty well against tall guys.

Fury only has two good wins on his resume - Wlad and Wilder - the latter of which is extremely one dimensional. He's also been life and death with John McDermott, Steve Cunningham and Otto Wallin. You can't compare him to Lewis.

Fury only has two good wins on his resume - Wlad and Wilder - the latter of which is extremely one dimensional. He's also been life and death with John McDermott, Steve Cunningham and Otto Wallin. You can't compare him to Lewis.
Lennox Lewis got KTFO by Hasim Rahman if we're playing the game of who went life and death with who.

Fury hasn’t got enough power to keep Lewis off him, and Lewis is technically good enough to find Fury at some point, then it’s all over.

Lewis by devastating KO out of nowhere whilst behind on the cards.

Good points, though Akinwande was pretty useless - Lennox knew he could just blast him out of there

Good points, though Akinwande was pretty useless - Lennox knew he could just blast him out of there
Lewis knows he could do the same to Fury in his prime. Fury is better than Akinwande but ultimately it wouldn't change anything. Fury would just attempt to box Lewis like did he did Klitschko and try and beffudle him with feints and fluidity and jab at range

This will not work on Lewis imo. Fury only has any sort of power when he sits on his punches but when he's fighting from the backseat he slaps and Lewis would beat him up at close range anyway so it doesn't matter what Fury does.

Lewis will not respect Fury's power at all. He'll walk Fury down and go for his jugular like he did other taller outboxers like Akinwande and Biggs.

Tbh i like Tyson Fury but he has been overrated after beating one trick pony Wilder. Wilder has 1 good win against Luis Ortiz and that is it, and even then Wilder was loosing both fights comfortably until he landed his hail mary punch. Fury comfortably outboxed Wladimir Klitschko and as impressive as that is, Klitschko barely threw anything. If Lewis were in that position, getting outboxed by Fury i guarantee he would have turned that shit into a dogfight and would have had him out of there by round 8.

Lennox Lewis got KTFO by Hasim Rahman if we're playing the game of who went life and death with who.

You don't understand the difference between a 1 punch ko and going life and death in a war? I will give you a hint, anyone can get caught with 1 big punch at hw.

You don't understand the difference between a 1 punch ko and going life and death in a war? I will give you a hint, anyone can get caught with 1 big punch at hw.
So Lewis is more likely to go down by 1 punch. Fury gets up as we saw with Wilder.

Lewis gets KTFO in a second. Fury doesn't.

Not my problem that you can't understand an obvious fact.

Ok the point is, anyone can get caught even if they are a far better fighter like Lennox vs Rahman, so it can sometimes reflect little on your skills, but when you actually go to war and have close fights with bums, it actually reflects far worse on your skills even if you win. Its not complicated.

Ok the point is, anyone can get caught even if they are a far better fighter like Lennox vs Rahman, so it can sometimes reflect little on your skills, but when you actually go to war and have close fights with bums, it actually reflects far worse on your skills even if you win. Its not complicated.
No anyone can't just get caught and KTFO.

Show me the fight that Ali just got caught and KO'd.

He got caught and dropped by Cooper. The fact he got up is besides the point because it would be totally different compared to him having a war and almost losing to Cooper.

He got caught and dropped by Cooper. The fact he got up is besides the point because it would be totally different compared to him having a war and almost losing to Cooper.
So Ali got up and won the fight. So anyone can't just get caught and lose by KO.

This is too complex for you, forget it.

Back