lomachenkos style in mma

flikerstance

floridaman
Banned
Reaction score
guys like floyd james toney wouldnt do very well as strikers in mma by the way they fight im curious how you think loma would do

is he a guy you feel most mma punchers should try to emulate in certain points?

I think his movement would be good for staying out of clinches and avoiding being taken down.

It’s not just about technical wrestling skills (although they are a big factor).

If you time his movement he might be susceptible to leg kicks though.

In b4 people who have never been side-stepped comment about how it cannot work "cuz MMA Bro"

Loma I believe will do very well. He himself is a wrestler. I saw a video of him kicking as well. Not the best kicking for sure but he is talented.

Considering the pool of bad fighters in MMA I am pretty sure he will steam roll at least a category if not two. The bad news for MMA fans is that no MMA organization can pay him to fight. Otherwise it will be fun to watch.

And to be honest if I am a boxer I would not do MMA fight considering the rule set and the ring favours wrestling over stand up fighting greatly.

Footwork is king in MMA striking

Loma would do very well.

Floyd is talented and smart enough that he could probably adjust (if he was 20 years younger).

And to be honest if I am a boxer I would not do MMA fight considering the rule set and the ring favours wrestling over stand up fighting greatly.
How do the rules favor wrestling?

You get stood back up at the end of each round. You get stood up if it's boring. There is never a time that the ref takes you from standing and lays you down.

How do the rules favor wrestling?

You get stood back up at the end of each round. You get stood up if it's boring. There is never a time that the ref takes you from standing and lays you down.
5 min rounds, big ring, no corners, fence
Even wrestling you have no fence ...

I agree about the cage favoring wrestlers.

I'm asking about the rules. I don't see how longer rounds is favoring one over the other. Shorter rounds=more stand-ups so that favors strikers. I see longer rounds as a push toward neutrality, not favoring grapplers. No rounds at all would be perfectly fair.

I agree about the cage favoring wrestlers.

I'm asking about the rules. I don't see how longer rounds is favoring one over the other. Shorter rounds=more stand-ups so that favors strikers. I see longer rounds as a push toward neutrality, not favoring grapplers. No rounds at all would be perfectly fair.
Longer rounds = more time to grind the ground

Loma I believe will do very well. He himself is a wrestler. I saw a video of him kicking as well. Not the best kicking for sure but he is talented.

Considering the pool of bad fighters in MMA I am pretty sure he will steam roll at least a category if not two. The bad news for MMA fans is that no MMA organization can pay him to fight. Otherwise it will be fun to watch.

They can pay him, but don't want to pay him

He's a talanted athlete but physically too weak for the UFC top dogs. He'd get ragdolled.

There's levels to wrestling m8, somone who did some sambo as a kid or somone who's been wrestling most of their life or trains with world class wrestlers, his kicking is technically speaking not great, not to mention kicking somone in a fight requires good timing and experiance which he does not have. He'd get ragdolled by the first decent wrestler he meet even in the smaller promotions.

but guys dont get wrest;e fucked today like they use to tdd has gotten so good that t hold guys down today u have to be an olympic caliber wrestler

Longer rounds = more time to grind the ground
I understand that, but longer compared to what? My argument is that "neutral" would be having no rounds at all. Having any rounds with automatic stand ups at the end favors strikers

I think his movement would be good for staying out of clinches and avoiding being taken down.

It’s not just about technical wrestling skills (although they are a big factor).

If you time his movement he might be susceptible to leg kicks though.
I think he'd be less susceptible to leg kicks than a tkd based fighter with how exceptional he is at coming forward and applying pressure. He's a southpaw too which makes it more tricky to attack his legs. With some takedown ability I think he would be really unpredictable with his level changes too.

There's levels to wrestling m8, somone who did some sambo as a kid or somone who's been wrestling most of their life or trains with world class wrestlers, his kicking is technically speaking not great, not to mention kicking somone in a fight requires good timing and experiance which he does not have. He'd get ragdolled by the first decent wrestler he meet even in the smaller promotions.
What are the levels of wrestling, mate? It all ends up at amateur level. The guy has quick feet and a world class footwork. You sure people are going to catch him? They could not catch Jose Fucking Aldo and Connor McGregor, guys with pretty average speed and footwork... yet now Lomachenko is going to the ground ... ye sure. I d say Loma can lose to a stand up fighter who can kick, rather than a wrestler. But that again would be due to the huge soccer field they have as a ring... you can do laps in there.
I understand that, but longer compared to what? My argument is that "neutral" would be having no rounds at all. Having any rounds with automatic stand ups at the end favors strikers
Longer to other fight sports such as boxing, kb, mt. You know sports with professional history and olympic standard rules... Have you seen amateur events in MMA with lower round times? Guess if they end up in submission or wrestling... yep they do not.

Last edited:
Longer to other fight sports such as boxing, kb, mt. You know sports with professional history and olympic standard rules...
Those sports don't have a grappling vs striking dichotomy.

Any time fighters are taken from a grappling position and separated/stood up, it favors the striker. The frequency with which that happens (aka round length and stalling/stalemate rules) is just a measure of how heavily it favors the striker. Stand-ups never favor the grappler.

Having fewer stand ups is just a less severe bias toward striking, not a bias toward grappling. The only way you could say that rounds are favoring the grappler is if there was an option to start a round on the ground after finishing the previous round standing like in folkstyle wrestling.

Those sports don't have a grappling vs striking dichotomy.

Any time fighters are taken from a grappling position and separated/stood up, it favors the striker. The frequency with which that happens (aka round length and stalling/stalemate rules) is just a measure of how heavily it favors the striker. Stand-ups never favor the grappler.

Having fewer stand ups is just a less severe bias toward striking, not a bias toward grappling. The only way you could say that rounds are favoring the grappler is if there was an option to start a round on the ground after finishing the previous round standing like in folkstyle wrestling.
Fuck how do they start on the ground in wrestling? Did they change the rules? My old man was a wrestler but they were starting on feet. Are they crouching or in a push up position? Or they exchange who is on the top? They give the ass or the D?

Fuck how do they start on the ground in wrestling? Did they change the rules? My old man was a wrestler but they were starting on feet. Are they crouching or in a push up position? Or they exchange who is on the top? They give the ass or the D?
It only happens in folkstyle. They call it referees position. It can happen in the second and/or third periods. It's pretty similar to doggy style.

It only happens in folkstyle. They call it referees position. It can happen in the second and/or third periods. It's pretty similar to doggy style.
I know, mate. Just noting it happens in one style. They still start standing in every sport that has wrestling. Most such sports such as judo, wrestling, sambo still have shorter rounds than 5 mins. Sorry for the bad trolling attempt you did not deserve it, I had a bad day, so the frustration went online.

My point is 5 min rounds are only in MMA and are made to support wrestler so they can have time to grind if they take someone down. I thought that was a pretty obvious rule, knowing the rules of the other sports.

Back