News Lyoto Machida wants to go back to middleweight, calls out Mousasi for Trilogy!

Machida vs Mousasi Trilogy

• Total voters

Kryptt

⭍ Dead Belt⭍
Platinum Member
Reaction score

usa_today_12899710.0.jpg

Former UFC light heavyweight champion and current 205-pound Bellator contender Lyoto Machida believes it is time to go back to the middleweight division.

After suffering three straight losses in rematches against Gegard Mousasi, Phil Davis ,and Ryan Bader, the ‘Dragon’ has started to feel like he would do better at the smaller weight class.

In fact, not only is Lyoto wanting to go to 185 once more, but he also knows who he wants to fight next. Currently 1-1 against the ‘Dreamcatcher’, the Brazilian believes it is time for himself and Mousasi to settle the score in the Bellator cage. In Machida’s opinion, a trilogy fight makes perfect sense, since there are no other visible challengers for Gegard’s belt at the moment.

“I want to fight at middleweight, which is my division,” Lyoto told Ag Fight. “I believe that’s my weight class. I would like to have a trilogy with Mousasi. I dominated (him) in the first one. The second one was close, a duller fight that could have gone either way. I think a third one makes total sense. Mousasi is the champion, but I see no challengers for him at the moment. I think I would be the perfect fit for him at middleweight now.”

tumblr_nqif25OESI1tugoyjo2_400.gifv

ufc.gif

Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_4.gif

I would watch it. Moussasi showed ge was better twice despite the 1-1

I dont think i caught the rematch. Mousasi decision right?

I mean, i dont care, hes on his way out.

I know Bellator don't give a damn, but it would look awkward to give Machida a title shot after he lost 3 fights in a row. Even if technically he's only on a 1 fight losing streak in MW.

Put Mousasi up against some fresh blood.

Either use Machida to build guys like Anglickas, Yagshimuradov or one of the prospects ranked 8-10 or give him Fedor in a retirement fight.

Also I don't agree about there being no challengers for Moose at 185 at all. John Salter is the Leon Edwards of Bellator without the Social Media drama and Antoly Tokov is undefeated in the promotion.

Lyoto vs Manhoef, Larkin, MVP, Daley, or Fedor.

I know none of them are MWs but all of those are "fun" fights that could be very interesting and very doable.

Last edited:
Mousasi outstruck him the first time 66-35 after 2 torn ACL's and 1 year layoff in Brazil against the best shape ever Lyoto

Mousasi beat him in the rematch

Mousasi would win the third fight as well

Na chill out. But Bellator should do what the UFC does, use him to build up someone. Why not have him fight Van Steenis? Fuck the Larkin fight.

Why? His 3 rounders against Mousasi and Davis in Bellator were razor close. He didn't look that bad in the first two rounds against Bader.

They were both extremely boring though. I have no urge to watch him and Gegard fight again really.

If they announce Mousasi vs Tokov, they should book Salter vs Lyoto for the next title shot.

Lyoto has only 1 loss at MW in Bellator to Mousasi and he beat the ex champ Carvalho. If he beats Salter no one will complain, the title shot will be deserved then

Lyoto vs van Steenis or Salter at MW if they are still trying to use him to build the MW division.

Mousasi vs van Steenis or Salter at MW if they are still trying to use him to build the MW division.
You mean Lyoto? and in the previous post you made the same mistake haha

I'd like to see Machina vs Shlemenko for a title eliminator, but it ain't gonna happen. I don't think Storm is coming back.

Machida should get a win first before challenging for the title, though I suppose his loss is a split decision to Mousasi at MW so a rematch isn't out of the question. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight some guy a little lower ranked first (MW ranked 5-10) since he has fought a string of killers for a while. Say he wins his next fight maybe challenge for the MW title toward the end of the year. I prefer new matches to rematches.

Back