News Lyoto Machida wants to go back to middleweight, calls out Mousasi for Trilogy!

Machida vs Mousasi Trilogy

• Total voters
Machida is just desperate to give back his wins now that he is out of prime. Bellator should sign C.B. Dolloway for a rematch.

MW is probably the way to go for Lyoto. But a rematch with Mousasi now would be a weird choice. He should at least win one fight,no?

usa_today_12899710.0.jpg

Former UFC light heavyweight champion and current 205-pound Bellator contender Lyoto Machida believes it is time to go back to the middleweight division.

After suffering three straight losses in rematches against Gegard Mousasi, Phil Davis ,and Ryan Bader, the ‘Dragon’ has started to feel like he would do better at the smaller weight class.

In fact, not only is Lyoto wanting to go to 185 once more, but he also knows who he wants to fight next. Currently 1-1 against the ‘Dreamcatcher’, the Brazilian believes it is time for himself and Mousasi to settle the score in the Bellator cage. In Machida’s opinion, a trilogy fight makes perfect sense, since there are no other visible challengers for Gegard’s belt at the moment.

“I want to fight at middleweight, which is my division,” Lyoto told Ag Fight. “I believe that’s my weight class. I would like to have a trilogy with Mousasi. I dominated (him) in the first one. The second one was close, a duller fight that could have gone either way. I think a third one makes total sense. Mousasi is the champion, but I see no challengers for him at the moment. I think I would be the perfect fit for him at middleweight now.”

tumblr_nqif25OESI1tugoyjo2_400.gifv

ufc.gif

Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_4.gif

If Machida can fight like he did against BAder in round 1, he can win this fight.

He should just retire, honestly. I don't think he'll be seeing a career resurgence at this point.

Lol, Mousasi opens same -450 favorite. He should ( mousasi) go and finish the bigger man in Bader to show dragon that he was toyed with in , yes, a dull fight.

Mousasi outsruck him 2-1 in both fights except lyoto got the better of sig strikes in 1st fight while being non existent in 2nd fight.

Carvalho is a nice measuring stick as the time line was in same vicinity. Carvalho didnt want to be in same cage with mousasi ( so it seemed .... and got obliterated) as he got jobbed vs machida in an actual close fight.

Flip side of coin, I dont know what's going on with Mousasi. Hes an in shape 35 and hes going on close to doing this for 19 years.Hes remained well ahead of curve and still one of top fighters in world. Hes seems a bit disconnected- I really hope hes not going to call it a day. I mean- he's got every right to but something seems amiss.

What's the point of a trilogy? He's already 2-0 vs Mousasi.

Pls no give a real Contender a Shot. like Tokov or salter

At LHW, Machida wins. The way he fought last, hed win pretty convisingly.

Lol, Mousasi opens same -450 favorite. He should ( mousasi) go and finish the bigger man in Bader to show dragon that he was toyed with in , yes, a dull fight.

Mousasi outsruck him 2-1 in both fights except lyoto got the better of sig strikes in 1st fight while being non existent in 2nd fight.

Carvalho is a nice measuring stick as the time line was in same vicinity. Carvalho didnt want to be in same cage with mousasi ( so it seemed .... and got obliterated) as he got jobbed vs machida in an actual close fight.

Flip side of coin, I dont know what's going on with Mousasi. Hes an in shape 35 and hes going on close to doing this for 19 years.Hes remained well ahead of curve and still one of top fighters in world. Hes seems a bit disconnected- I really hope hes not going to call it a day. I mean- he's got every right to but something seems amiss.

It's stupid he hasn't been booked. He is getting older not younger

Why? His 3 rounders against Mousasi and Davis in Bellator were razor close. He didn't look that bad in the first two rounds against Bader.

I would even say he was winning the first 1.5 rounds against Bader. I think Mousasi beats Machida again but it's a good fight to make.

Back