Mackenzie Dern and her husband were victims of racism

Could ask you the same thing or are you winning your battle by arguing with people on Sherdog? Also for some reason I think your background is Asian and not American. Correct me if I am wrong though.

I call people all the time for their bigotry or racism here and in real life. I love challenging them on the topic. No I'm not Asian.

I for one am taking a mental health day away from work to sulk in white guilt. Later I will spread my life savings around the hood in hopes to appease those still suffering the pain of their forefathers

I'll help ya. Just acknowledge when a white person today say they feel like their mistreated as people of color . Stop them and remind , and ask themselves do they really actually believe that.

Go down history lane in AMERICA to see all the terrible things that were done to others who looked different.

The ignorance of these people should get called out immediately.

Which means absolutely dick to anyone living today. If it were a hundred years ago sure.

Quit lactating like a bitch. Or go find another forum. You're not going to find a lot of sympathy here.

Experts have written books on systemic effects of things that happen to different cultures over time.

You simple don't understand negative effects that are past on generationally. Please educate yourself on the subject.

Dont you criticize her hobbies :D Yeah people simply love to be part of a minority today as they can scream for special rights.
Dern definitely gives away this vibe. And I thought the "racism" was that someone asked her a question in english.
Special rights? No minority has special rights. They have, at best, the same rights you have.

With that said, I don't acknowledge religious rights, gay rights, women's rights, etc. Everybody has exactly the same rights. I'm not a Christian, but nothing prevents me from going to church should I ever want to. That's not a special right. That's a universal right. I'm not a homosexual, but I could marry somebody of same sex if I wanted to. There's nothing special about that right. It's a universal right.

I said in America... Please learn how to comprehend what I posted.
Yeah in America too. I’m white, I’m American and my ancestors were enslaved.

You trying to gate keep historical slavery sympathy?

His existence doesn't mean he's complicit to the suppression of minorities. Should every white man woman and child commit suicide and leave all of their material assets to the descendants of people who were mistreated by other people who have been dead for over a century?

I agree that everyone should do their part to change things (even of that's just taking a leadership role in day-to-day life to change perceptions). But this idea that that by simply living their lives people are actively suppressing or responsible for the suffering of people they've never met is ridiculous.

I'll ask is simple acknowledgement from them. Some have the nerve to act like their were no systemic effects from slavery or from the natives being pushed to the corners of the land .

Experts have written about how negative treatment of these people effects their communities today. I think if it didn't effect their people they simply don't care to hear it. It's pretty sad .

Yeah in America too. I’m white, I’m American and my ancestors were enslaved.

You trying to gate keep historical slavery sympathy?

Nope. Just informing you that their were systemic effects from it. You need to understand that and stop acting like their wasn't.

Experts have written books on systemic effects of things that happen to different cultures over time.

You simple don't understand negative effects that are past on generationally. Please educate yourself on the subject.
I understand that people bitch and moan about what they want rather than going out and taking it. They latch on to social sciences and dubious metrics to give themselves consolation in exchange for action, which is really what makes a person happy and successful.

I understand that your response to this will be to say that I believe that because I'm privileged and don't understand how past transgressions. You will say this because your piss-poor, skin-deep logic mandates that if someone feels the way I feel it must be because they've faced no hardship or discrimination in life. I understand that this is called confirmation bias, and it's for weak people with weak minds, and allows such people to continue in their circular, self-cannibalizing logic.

I'm not dismissing past wrongdoings in any given demographic. I'm saying that the people who live happy, successful lives are the ones who take action instead of crying and looking for people to feel bad or empathize for them.

They generally find people like you, who are sensitive enough to feel for them but are too incompetent and short-sided to do anything that would actually help them.

And you'll both be poor and miserable. But they will feel validated in that you acknowledge their hardship, and you will feel validated in that you took the time to pat them on the head and tell them they're good.

I guess that's a fair exchange for actual, substantial happiness? I wouldn't know. I opt for the latter.

Enjoy your moral superiority, loser. You smell like shit and you're whiny and pathetic but at least you have a fucking blue checkmark online right?

Cultural appropriation, white privilege, and the absurd notion that one can't even be racist without institutional power behind them is all coming out of the modern left. Wonderful concepts that are so progressive, and clearly not at all keeping racism alive and well.

<puh-lease75>
What you wrote only makes sense if you are 7 or younger. "Somebody said mean things, therefore..." The right is made up of the most effeminate bunch of losers I have ever encountered. You can't even take ownership of the Iraq war. Christopher Hitchens blamed Bush for mismanaging the war. Bush blamed intelligence. Everything is somebody else's fault. How can you respect somebody like that? Being a weasel or a sleazebucket should not be something admirable or worthy of respect. It is, but it shouldn't.

go do some research. That narrative you're trying to push of 12 million africans being shipped to the americas is false.

and yes colored people owned other colored people and "whites" back in those times in the U.S.
For weeks, months, sometimes as long as a year, they waited in the dungeons of the slave factories scattered along Africa's western coast. They had already made the long, difficult journey from Africa's interior -- but just barely. Out of the roughly 20 million who were taken from their homes and sold into slavery, half didn't complete the journey to the African coast, most of those dying along the way.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part1/1p277.html

I'm not going to argue the exact number, which doesn't exist. What matters is that African slaves weren't humans, but cargo, and were tossed overboard when ships ran short on food. Or when intercepted by British ships, trying to end the transatlantic slave trade. It was a response to a scoundrel who wanted to change the subject. Only scumbags do that. We know somebody is filth when he tries to look good by comparing himself to the worst.

I expect you to be as decent and provide a link that shows that colored people owned "whites".

I understand that people bitch and moan about what they want rather than going out and taking it. They latch on to social sciences and dubious metrics to give themselves consolation in exchange for action, which is really what makes a person happy and successful.

I understand that your response to this will be to say that I believe that because I'm privileged and don't understand how past transgressions. You will say this because your piss-poor, skin-deep logic mandates that if someone feels the way I feel it must be because they've faced no hardship or discrimination in life. I understand that this is called confirmation bias, and it's for weak people with weak minds, and allows such people to continue in their circular, self-cannibalizing logic.

I'm not dismissing past wrongdoings in any given demographic. I'm saying that the people who live happy, successful lives are the ones who take action instead of crying and looking for people to feel bad or empathize for them.

They generally find people like you, who are sensitive enough to feel for them but are too incompetent and short-sided to do anything that would actually help them.

And you'll both be poor and miserable. But they will feel validated in that you acknowledge their hardship, and you will feel validated in that you took the time to pat them on the head and tell them they're good.

I guess that's a fair exchange for actual, substantial happiness? I wouldn't know. I opt for the latter.

Enjoy your moral superiority, loser. You smell like shit and you're whiny and pathetic but at least you have a fucking blue checkmark online right?
How about white Americans stop being racist? If you want to stick it to the black man, not being racist is the best way to silence them. Then he has no hardship to bitch about.

You act if successful people on both sides can't acknowledge and fight for equality. You know not all of them are poor and miserable..

You seem to have a lot of hate from your post. You are not as happy as you say lol

You act if successful people on both sides can't acknowledge and fight for equality. You know not all of them are poor and miserable..

You seem to have a lot of hate from your post. You are not as happy as you say lol

I didn't say they can't. I said people are happier when they start doing stuff rather than crying and bitching.

What hate are you talking about?

I am very, very happy.

How about white Americans stop being racist? If you want to stick it to the black man, not being racist is the best way to silence them. Then he has no hardship to bitch about.

What you just said is racist.

How about you're never going to compel anyone to feel any particular way? I think racism is bullshit. I think racists are generally going to be just as unhappy as the people who bitch and moan about racists. They hang their hat on something superfluous, and ultimately inconsequential.

But if you think that you're going to end racism by crying and nagging you're going to be disappointed... again. Don't know if you noticed but people elected Donald Trump. Many of them did it just to stick it to all the shitheads calling everybody racist.

Kind of how you just now tried to subtly accuse me of racism.

Feel free to bitch and moan all you want. At no point in my post did I say you have to stop. I only said that it won't accomplish anything. If recent events are any indication it might actually be counterproductive.

I call people all the time for their bigotry or racism here and in real life. I love challenging them on the topic. No I'm not Asian.
What is your background if you don’t mind me asking? I can tell by the structure of your sentences you are not western.

Back