Magic The Gathering

Goblins for pioneer.
Red White Burn for modern
Boros knights for standard
And I’ve almost finished Titanshift for modern.

I'll still play Magic games on console or online. Some of the game modes can be pretty fun.

Played yugioh but never magic. Im playing shadowverse rn its a lot like hearthstone

anyone else play Magic when you were younger? My friend had what he called a white weenies deck. Was 15 lands and 45 1/1 humans. He always won so we stole his deck and hid it in the grass so the maintenance guy would run it over with the lawnmower.

that is how you win a game of Magic: The Gathering.
Wow dude pretty un cool to commit theft and destruction of property because you were getting owned by white weenies. Good thing he wasn’t playing blue or we might be talking about attempted murder.
I mean geez! Just get some cheap board wipes and watch him run out of gas. Next time just stop and think” what would Richard Garfield do?”.

Wow dude pretty un cool to commit theft and destruction of property because you were getting owned by white weenies. Good thing he wasn’t playing blue or we might be talking about attempted murder.
I mean geez! Just get some cheap board wipes and watch him run out of gas. Next time just stop and think” what would Richard Garfield do?”.
Blue decks are the worst. I’ve learned with burn to just hold spells and wait for them to tap after hitting them early. As soon as they tap, I’m dropping my entire hand.

My biggest complaint is that thoughtseize is $30 bucks a pop. Damn card has been printed twice.

Played back in the early to mid 90's.

In the mid 2000's I found out how much some cards were worth and Sold like 45 cards for $1500, then sold another 5 cards for $1500 2 years later. I sold 1 card for about $1200 recently.

I check every 6 months now to see if certain old cards have upticked in value

For instance, Bazaar of Bagdhad was considered a worthless $20 card in the 90's, worth 20 only because it was from the arabian nights set. and I had a bunch of them.

Now it goes for $1500 because apparently game mechanics changed enough to drastically inflate its value over that of what they used to be

Force of will was a dime a dozen card in the mid 90's worth $5. Now it is like $75 lol

I haven't sold my last 2 Mox cards or my black lotus because every 6 months I see the value Skyrocket. At some point I need to pull the trigger. Black lotus was a rare worth $300 in the mid 90's. about 10 years later I saw it was going for $3000 and last I checked it was over $10000. iTS INSANE HOW MUCH THESE CARDS INFLATED IN VALUE. I remember in the early 90's taking care of my baseball cards and hoping they would one day be worth something. never in my wildest dreams did I think the nerd game I played would become this.

I sold my dual lands for $80 each back then and if I had waited, they are like $300 each now..

In fact, its around that time, I may just go check it out soon and see if I need to package more on Ebay

I almost want to puke now seeing how valuable some of these dual lands I sold for $80 in 2007 cost now......

Magic the Gathering players are definitely the neck beards of the neck beards. All I know of that game is that the biggest weirdos and losers (the type to wear trench coats and dress like Neo on purpose) used to sit together and play. Their table was where people went to let their social status die.

on the other hand i nearly just shit myself when i saw what some of these dime a dozen cards back then are now worth.

The tabernacle of pendrell vale was a piece of crap card and now its worth like $2000????? What the heck kind of game changes did they make to make this crappy card worth so much?????/

Gaia's cradle is worth hundreds of dollars????? really????

I played in summer camp back when I was a kid. Then I brought my whole set with me on vacation for god knows why and lost them. Never really played again after that. I did play the magic 2014 game on PC. That was fun and didn't require any micro transactions

on the other hand i nearly just shit myself when i saw what some of these dime a dozen cards back then are now worth.

The tabernacle of pendrell vale was a piece of crap card and now its worth like $2000????? What the heck kind of game changes did they make to make this crappy card worth so much?????/

Gaia's cradle is worth hundreds of dollars????? really????

Tabernacle was always a great card.

Cradle was always great, and expensive, but they changed a rule and it ended up being a LOT better. It went from eighty to two hundred almost immediately.

I stopped playing years ago and sold everything I had. Their business model made it impossible to develop a collection and hold some value, the emphasis is on newer and more powerful cards that cycle out, so you're always spending and never gaining any value. Even formats like Modern and surprisingly legacy have cards that leave because they're banned or made redundant by new cards. The only format that's safe is vintage, and a vintage deck is worth tens of thousands of dollars. It will increase with value with time, but it's an enormous investment.

I almost want to puke now seeing how valuable some of these dual lands I sold for $80 in 2007 cost now......
lol. when I quit, dual lands went for about $20 a piece. I had at least 4 of each, which I think there are 10, so at least 40 cards (probably closer to 55-60). Shit..just Googled the price, and that's a lot of money now. Had no idea they were so valuable these days.

anyone else play Magic when you were younger? My friend had what he called a white weenies deck. Was 15 lands and 45 1/1 humans. He always won so we stole his deck and hid it in the grass so the maintenance guy would run it over with the lawnmower.

that is how you win a game of Magic: The Gathering.
red deck wins.

Back