Social Maher goes after Democratic Led California For Its High-Handed Regulations

Simple Southerner

Etriviere By Hermes Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Bill maher criticized California on Friday for being the most heavily-regulated state in the nation yet failing to properly enforce laws that protect the state’s water resources.

“We are the most regulated state in the nation with more than 395,000 regulatory restrictions,” Maher said on “Real Time With Bill Maher.” “It is a constant nightmare of inspectors and permits and fees. In this state, if you get to your car 10 seconds after the parking meter expires, it’s already gone and you’ll never see it again.”

Maher went on to say that Californiahas rules about “every nitpicky thing you can imagine,” including not being able to climb a tree or fly a kite in parks in Beverly Hills

But for 30 years Nestle took water out of the San Bernardino National Forest under a permit that expired in 1988 and Coca Cola is somehow allowed to take water from municipal water supplies, stick it in bottles, and sell it back to the taxpayers who own the water to begin with,” he continued.

“For a state that just loves to be up everybody’s **s all the time, water management might be a better place to direct that instinct,” Maher added. “When it comes to regulations, either go big or go home or I’m going to find a new home because my house is one gender reveal party away from burning down while I’m asleep.”

Lol he's right.

So.. how do Californians feel about their so not currently wonderful state ?

This is my problem in general. There should be fewer rules and they should be enforced in a consistent manner. Do that and I think most problems would dry up.
That said California is a giant mess and it can’t untie all these knots it’s made. Nor do I think it even wants to try

Eventually the left wing voters realize that Leftism isn't so good

What did California Leftists think was going to happen if you keep voting these people in office?

Some are starting to realize that these people are taking their individual freedoms away

Eventually the left wing voters realize that Leftism isn't so good

What did California Leftists think was going to happen if you keep voting these people in office?

Some are starting to realize that these people are taking their individual freedoms away

Cali was Republican in 88, bro.

at least maher was able to let go of his tds once orange threat was no longer in office, unlike most of lefty posters in here

It is so hard to build houses there. Endless regulations, fees and inspections. And endless requirements that cost too much. Then they reward illegals who come and we wonder why there is a housing shortage.

Friends with Janet Zuccarini, her stories about trying to open up restaurants in California was pretty shocking. Red tape regulating red tape. You would have to think they would have to loosen those up to help rebuild the service industry post covid

IT does sound like the west could do without almond growers.

To me, it is troubling that California has plans apparently good plans with government money already approved and sitting on the side lines, billions of dollars, to deal with Californias drought water conditions. But due to over regulation, and dealing with 15 different overnment agencies that overview water issues, little to nothing has been done to address the poor water conditions in the Bear state. Hope the state of California gets that mismanagement worked out and soon, considering the severe drought going on.

Last edited:
Let’s be real — while Bill brings up some solid points, the fact is he’s just pissed about how long it’s taking for them (CA) to let him build his solar panels. Honestly, I’d have an axe to grind if I were in his position too. Too much bureaucratic tape.

Yeah, California obviously has absurd priorities, but not sure "if we can direct coal miners in West Virginia to other lines of work..." is a great sales pitch. WV has a shrinking population, gdp isn't keeping up with the rest of the country and suicide rates have nearly doubled in the last 20 years, so it's a little hard to call putting them out of work a raging success.

Bill maher criticized California on Friday for being the most heavily-regulated state in the nation yet failing to properly enforce laws that protect the state’s water resources.

“We are the most regulated state in the nation with more than 395,000 regulatory restrictions,” Maher said on “Real Time With Bill Maher.” “It is a constant nightmare of inspectors and permits and fees. In this state, if you get to your car 10 seconds after the parking meter expires, it’s already gone and you’ll never see it again.”

Maher went on to say that Californiahas rules about “every nitpicky thing you can imagine,” including not being able to climb a tree or fly a kite in parks in Beverly Hills

But for 30 years Nestle took water out of the San Bernardino National Forest under a permit that expired in 1988 and Coca Cola is somehow allowed to take water from municipal water supplies, stick it in bottles, and sell it back to the taxpayers who own the water to begin with,” he continued.

“For a state that just loves to be up everybody’s **s all the time, water management might be a better place to direct that instinct,” Maher added. “When it comes to regulations, either go big or go home or I’m going to find a new home because my house is one gender reveal party away from burning down while I’m asleep.”

Lol he's right.

So.. how do Californians feel about their so not currently wonderful state ?

Poor Bill needs to move to Austin and get it over with.

If prices keep going up on my Blue Diamond salt and vinegar almonds I am coming for you.

It is the California government. You and your almonds are safe.

Reminds me of when living in Illinois. Every one complained about how much water it took to create cron ethanol. Ethanol production was using up all the ground water. Ethanol isn't green many green figure heads would say. Yet corn ethanol production continues to grow.

Didn't their population go down recently ? 1st time in a really long time.. I wonder why

This is my problem in general. There should be fewer rules and they should be enforced in a consistent manner. Do that and I think most problems would dry up.
That said California is a giant mess and it can’t untie all these knots it’s made. Nor do I think it even wants to try

I
images

Let’s be real — while Bill brings up some solid points, the fact is he’s just pissed about how long it’s taking for them (CA) to let him build his solar panels. Honestly, I’d have an axe to grind if I were in his position too. Too much bureaucratic tape.
Yeah dude, when you have experience with things, you tend to form opinions, lol.

Poor Bill needs to move to Austin and get it over with.
I was wondering the same thing. At what point is he could to be the next celebrity to declare they are moving to Texas.

Heck, with their electric issues, Texas may really want a guy to come in and out his own solar panels on his house.

Back