Malformed ad or script steals focus from onscreen keyboard

Andy Capp

2GM/c2 Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I was trying to post on my Android phone just now and something kept stealing focus from the keyboard. So it would drop off the screen and I would tap the ad waiting behind it. Then it would close the Sherdog tab and open the ad in a new tab. Very frustrating.

I'm on an Android tablet now and not having any problems so far.

I was trying to post on my Android phone just now and something kept stealing focus from the keyboard. So it would drop off the screen and I would tap the ad waiting behind it. Then it would close the Sherdog tab and open the ad in a new tab. Very frustrating.

I'm on an Android tablet now and not having any problems so far.
Are you using the app or browsing through mobile? And is it the same ad every time, or does it vary?

Are you using the app or browsing through mobile? And is it the same ad every time, or does it vary?
Not on the app, on Chrome. Same ad I think.

Not on the app, on Chrome. Same ad I think.
If you could send me a screenshot of the ad in question, I'll get it sent to Tech to analyze it. We don't take kindly to ads that interfere in the SD viewing/browsing experience, but we need the info to be able to make the right analysis.

If you could send me a screenshot of the ad in question, I'll get it sent to Tech to analyze it. We don't take kindly to ads that interfere in the SD viewing/browsing experience, but we need the info to be able to make the right analysis.
I will see if I can duplicate the issue and do a screenshot but please understand if I don't get to it before the am.

I took the screenshot then couldn't get it uploaded. It's still happening though and I will try again in a bit to get get it to work.

It's still doing it and not only thatI realized it also empties your draft of your post when it opens the new window and closes the sherdog window.

turns out it's really hard to get a screenshot in this circumstance but it's just the ads in you may also like section.

Just to be clear, what I mean is it seems to be independent of the specific ad. It just closes the keyboard and moves an ad in front of it where he keyboard used to be.

Back