MANTO Review (LS Shirt/Sweatshirt) *pics included*

Soid

Renegade of Funk
@Black
Reaction score
I had a check collecting dust in my closet that I got for my 18th birthday and decided to put it in good use. I am attending college now so I needed some gear because I got tired of only having 3 nice shirts in my closet and 3 jeans I had since sophomore year of HS. So what did I do? I bought a Longsleeve t-shirt from Manto and a sweatshirt. The dealers are located in New York so it was very convenient and buying from them was facile and Alberto and Michal are one of the coolest retailers I've ever come in contact with. For those of us who live in this forum basically they are up there with Ron as far as how cool they were.

Pros: Very reliable, easy doing business with them, are located in the US AND Europe (Poland - for you guys in Europe), cool guys, and the designs are the freshest I've seen of all gear companies. Their gear does not focus on just one crowd. If you are into urban, trendy, or ruggedness than you'll love their catalog of clothes. These are definently clothes I'll be wearing to school and everywhere.

Cons: Pricing.. a bit on the expensive side. A very new company that's growing rapidly in Europe and on the east coast of the US. I had no problem supporting them as they are supporting our sport by sponsoring fighters such as Daniel Gracie, Babalu, Pe De Pano, and a lot of fighters doing small shows and grapplers in Europe.

Oh and not to mention Michal gave me free shorts. Class act guys for real!

Anyways here are pics of the gear I bought today:

Front:
103_0658.jpg

Back:
103_0660.jpg

Shoulders and neck:
103_0659.jpg

Me with the shirt on (Mirror shot):
103_0655.jpg

Sweatshirt.. w00t!

Front:
103_0661.jpg

Shoulders:
103_0666.jpg

Me with the sweatshirt on.. another mirror shot:
103_0674.jpg

Anyways guys I hope this is my first review and hopefully not my last.

Take care.. soiD

Link: www.mantofight.com

Thanks,been looking at some of their stuff,but this is the 1st good feedback that I'd noticed.Cheers.

Is Manto just their brand name, or is it their team name? Or does it mean something?

djvash said:
Is Manto just their brand name, or is it their team name? Or does it mean something?
Manto is the brand name. it's polish for Beating I'm sure.
julio1ng5.jpg
daisuke1mg5.jpg
davestevegr1.jpg

You said they are also located in the US? Do they have a site with their prices in $US, or am I just not finding it? There stuff looks great and I'd be interested in some when I start picking up some more casual gear.

Their site links me to http://www.bigdeal.pl/

djvash said:
You said they are also located in the US? Do they have a site with their prices in $US, or am I just not finding it? There stuff looks great and I'd be interested in some when I start picking up some more casual gear.

Their site links me to http://www.bigdeal.pl/
From what I know you can order from there and they'll ship it to you. I'll make sure to ask them for you when I see them today.

I was more interested/worried about pricing. I just found a currency converter... their tshirts are about $22 so that's not bad at all. How is shipping? It should be reasonable if they are shipping from the US, right? Actually... where are you located?

Their rashgaurds are about $32. Seems very reasonable to me.

*edit "Average shipping cost should about 5 eur for small items like tshirt and 8 eur for bigger like sweatshirt."

The guys are located in NY so I didn't have to deal with shipping (NOte: I got it from them personally) but I DO KNOW they do ship to the US from NY.

Email this dude: [email protected] for more info. He's the guy I got my gear (shirts, sweater, rashguard and valetudo shorts) from.

I already got a reply back from Alberto! Fast response time is a good sign. I sent him this email:

Hi there. I saw a review for Manto clothing on
Sherdog.com (a site dedicated to MMA), and was told I
could email you about US distribution of this brand.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?p=10944498#post10944498

I was wondering if there was a US site to browse?
Also, if I order from http://www.bigdeal.pl/ (the site
I was pointed to if I wanted to purchase some), will
my gear ship from you?

I was using a currency translator and it came out to
about $22 for a tshirt and about $32 for a rashgaurd.
I was wondering if that was accurate, and about how
much shipping would be.

Basically I want to know how much it'll cost to buy
some of this gear from you, through the Polish site if
I have to.

Thanks for your time,

Brad

And only an hour later:

Hey Brad,
thank you for your interest in our Manto stuff!
I was surprised to see that somebody actually discussed the brand on the forum, guess we are growing as a company.
We started making the first samples back in 2005, we gave some of the first rashguard prototypes to Daniel Gracie to fight ADCC in ( see the video at www.danielgracie.com), but never expected this type of feedback from the US market so soon!
Sorry for the prices on the website being in Polish currency, we have been working on an American version forever! In the meantime if you want anything just email me at this address or at [email protected], and I will send it to you.
The prices are about the same, we tried to keep them as low as possible eventhough we have to pay duty to import the stuff to the US. ( Tshirts sell for 25$ and Rashguards $38, due to the higher duty rate). Shipping charges change depending on how much you purchase and where you live, but through regular mail it's not too bad. With Priority Mail I can send you a sweater and a Tshirt anywhere in the US for about $8.10
Talk to you soon!
Alberto:)
PS: I saw on Sherdog that Manto means beating, ah ah ah, it actually stands for Meant to Fight in street talk ( mantofight).

and attached a cool photo, of them sponsoring Babalu.

Babalu.jpg

I'm gonna have to kindly disagree with Alberto :)

Well it does mean 'beating' in polish (though it's more old slang) and it can be interpretated as meant to fight, even man-to-man if you read it forwards & backwards.

I just bought this a couple of days from a local store in Warsaw http://www.bigdeal.pl/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=125 and it's fucking sick looking.

However, I washed it once and after it went through a spin cycle lots of those little fluffy balls appeared everywhere on it, which definately dissappointed me... I washed them by themself and to the correct temperature. Didn't dry them in a dryer though on the label it says it's possible.

that's too bad that hoodie looks cool, except for the caution.

Soid said:
Yep.. I'm gonna omoplata him today.

Hey, Soid, do they actually have a physical store in NYC? Or are they just hustling from their apartments? Can I go somewhere and check out the gear? Those rashguards are looking mighty sharp...

bugsmeanie44 said:
Hey, Soid, do they actually have a physical store in NYC? Or are they just hustling from their apartments? Can I go somewhere and check out the gear? Those rashguards are looking mighty sharp...
Dude you're lucky.. they were out of stuff but now they just got a lot of new stuff in stock. I'm actually gonna buy a shortsleeve rashguard from alberto today. Email Alberto: [email protected]

Tell him Gil sent you :p.

Alberto is one of the coolest dudes you'll ever meet and speak to. Take care my man.

And Foz: check out my myspace :p

I'll tell ya what-- I'm diggin their stuff. I really like the zip-up sweatshirts with the collars.

Back