Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster Announced (Release date May 14)

Favorite game in the trilogy

• Total voters

Minnja

Touch-Butt white belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/

Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs – all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD. It will be available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. More information to come in the new year!

Finally!

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07...I7wRYSu3uo0Ny2lnwy627f_YSmR6vV58joPKzVsvKs1EY

Typically Mass Effect threads turn into a bunch of people whining about the ending. OK, the ending sucked. We can all agree on that. Still, to me its one of the best gaming trilogies of all time. They fumbled the ending, but up until then we had a great trilogy. Who knows, maybe theres some sort of new ending in there. Theyre saying its not a reimagining, but an update of the games to make them more modern.

For many months now, our team at BioWare has been hard at work updating the textures, shaders, models, effects, and technical features of three enormous games. Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernize the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form. It’s been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements. As game developers, we always hope that our games will transcend their original platforms. Having the opportunity to remaster the trilogy means that the fruits of a decade of our work will live on, and will be experienced better and clearer than ever before.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs – all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD. It will be available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. More information to come in the new year!

Finally. was just looking at me2 in my library wondering if they were ever going to announce this.

wonder if it will do much more than the mods on pc. They already looked amazing with those mods.

Wonder what took so long. I'm surprised they didn't do this before Andromeda came out.

Hey, theres no shame in getting second LOSER!
00d25d8a270d1887dbc4d3647c63e58d.gif

The first Mass Effect is my favourite video game of all time. Just narrowly beats out Halflife 1 and Super Mario 3.

Ok another remaster. Does this mean ONLY the graphics will be improved? Cuz that car or whatever the fuck it was in mass effect 1 needs to be remastered like a motherfucker.

I honestly never understood the hate for the mako that shit would go up 90 degree mountains sometimes. I played through ME1 multiple times and I don’t remember ever really hating it although I did not particularly enjoy the mako segments either.

I’ve never played a ME game.

<{ByeHomer}>

Get the trilogy it will be good. The gameplay is still good in today’s standards although not mind blowing.

The first Mass Effect is my favourite video game of all time. Just narrowly beats out Halflife 1 and Super Mario 3.

ME2 is my favorite in the series and one of my all time favorites. I loved all three games though and ME3 had potential to be a GOAT game if they didn’t flub the ending. I also prefer the squad mates in ME2 but combat wise I think ME3 is the best in the series.

ME1 the gunplay wasn’t great imo but the biotics were amazing. I loved lifting massive enemies and watching them drop from hundred feet in the air lol

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07...I7wRYSu3uo0Ny2lnwy627f_YSmR6vV58joPKzVsvKs1EY

Typically Mass Effect threads turn into a bunch of people whining about the ending. OK, the ending sucked. We can all agree on that. Still, to me its one of the best gaming trilogies of all time. They fumbled the ending, but up until then we had a great trilogy. Who knows, maybe theres some sort of new ending in there. Theyre saying its not a reimagining, but an update of the games to make them more modern.
I remember being underwhelmed by 3 as a whole. It’s been a long time though I couldn’t say why that is anymore. It did have some big shoes to fill after 2.

I hope it’s a true remaster and not just a face lift.

I honestly never understood the hate for the mako that shit would go up 90 degree mountains sometimes. I played through ME1 multiple times and I don’t remember ever really hating it although I did not particularly enjoy the mako segments either.

Get the trilogy it will be good. The gameplay is still good in today’s standards although not mind blowing.

ME2 is my favorite in the series and one of my all time favorites. I loved all three games though and ME3 had potential to be a GOAT game if they didn’t flub the ending. I also prefer the squad mates in ME2 but combat wise I think ME3 is the best in the series.

ME1 the gunplay wasn’t great imo but the biotics were amazing. I loved lifting massive enemies and watching them drop from hundred feet in the air lol
Yeah absolutely picking this up.

I remember being underwhelmed by 3 as a whole. It’s been a long time though I couldn’t say why that is anymore. It did have some big shoes to fill after 2.

I hope it’s a true remaster and not just a face lift.
Sounds like a face lift to me mostly due to targetting PS4 and xbone.

Think they'll release it for Steam? Or just that Origin/Epic service. I haven't picked it up on PC because I don't want to have to go through one service to load up another to play it, especially one as inefficient as Origin.

Would absolutely love this on the switch. If they can pull that off, Ill buy it in an instant. I'll retry ME1/2 again, now that I have patience lol.

Think they'll release it for Steam? Or just that Origin/Epic service. I haven't picked it up on PC because I don't want to have to go through one service to load up another to play it, especially one as inefficient as Origin.
Doubt the do origin exclusive as ea games are on steam again.

Doubt the do origin exclusive as ea games are on steam again.
They are, but ME3 and Andromeda are on Steam through Origin, so you have to have both running at once, and I guess Origin's overlay is so intrusive now that it actually hampers gameplay even on good machines.

Back