Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster Announced (Release date May 14)

Favorite game in the trilogy

• Total voters
Man, I forgot how awful ME1 feels. I remembered that it was bad, just not this bad. There's no visual feedback on hits, and Shepherd's animations are all so bizarre.

It does look nicer, but I'm sorely tempted to just start at the sequel. Still, if I'm going to replay the game at all it might as well be now. It's the only game of the

It's a grind for sure but I starting to enjoy it after 2hrs. The memories of the "Oh,I forgot about that mother fucker" is strong.

Last edited:
I'm reading and seeing lot's of bugs. I'm going to wait a bit for patches.

I'm really disappointed in the lack of an FOV slider too, but a mod has already been released.

In the OG versions, I had to use an fov mod as well, as the camera is nauseatingly too close. Just know that you need to be able to deactivate it for cut scenes, as they are built into the narrow fov.

Once characters walk out of view, they aren't animated properly, so you'll see bizarre things from them. It's funny but immersion breaking.

Changing the fov also fucks up scopes, so the mod has to be handle to adapt.

Hopefully this mod works as well as others for the OG versions.

@JohnSAFTAHess

One last thing.

Mass Effect 2, with all of the DLC, is one of my Top 3 best games of the last decade. But it was a bitch downloading the DLC from EA's servers and getting it to merge to ME2 which I downloaded from Steam.... and for some reason the DLC stayed at full-price for YEARS afterward. Lame.

For me, the remastered version of that is worth the $60 alone. ME1 and ME3 are going to be just bonuses to me.

Man, I forgot how awful ME1 feels. I remembered that it was bad, just not this bad. There's no visual feedback on hits, and Shepherd's animations are all so bizarre.

It does look nicer, but I'm sorely tempted to just start at the sequel. Still, if I'm going to replay the game at all it might as well be now. It's the only game of the three that I've only played once.

I’ve played about 3ish hours of ME1 now and god damn I forgot how slow the movement is when walking around. I know they didn’t want to change the mechanics but man they really could have used infinite sprint in at least the Citadel and Normandy and also a better map.

I actually think the combat is way better than the first ME1. I pretty much never used the sniper even as Infiltrator in ME1 but now I am and it feels way better than before. The BOOM of the shots feels good but I noticed what you are talking about how the enemies basically don’t flinch to the shots it makes it kind of weird when you don’t one shot them.

Overall the game feels good so far. Only issues I run into is dumb AI but I feel that may just be a relic of the previous games. Teammates will sometimes endless shoot into a wall and sometimes enemies will refuse to leave cover. BioWare facial animation awkwardness is still there and going in and out of cover is sometimes clunky.

Still enjoying it a lot but I do wish they made a few QoL touches here and there mostly like I mentioned the sprint being terrible in hub areas

I started up the first game about 2 hours ago, I am really impressed by the visual upgrades.

Forgot how clunky it feels though lol. But I was hit with a wave of nostalgia after hearing the opening theme and short backstory.

Only finished Eden Prime and I'm on the Citadel now.

@JohnSAFTAHess

One last thing.

Mass Effect 2, with all of the DLC, is one of my Top 3 best games of the last decade. But it was a bitch downloading the DLC from EA's servers and getting it to merge to ME2 which I downloaded from Steam.... and for some reason the DLC stayed at full-price for YEARS afterward. Lame.

For me, the remastered version of that is worth the $60 alone. ME1 and ME3 are going to be just bonuses to me.

You reminding me that you can bring your saves over from the first game was all I needed to hear haha, sealed the deal right there.. but more info is always welcome. I'll be grabbing the game shortly, was going to yesterday but we're in lockdown again so I didn't bother going anywhere. I've got a copy held at a local EB.

I think it's fucking awesome you can continue your own story through 3 games, such a rare and cool thing for an rpg I really want to go through the whole thing. I'm slack on my western RPGs as well, a lot of the ones that are considered the best I haven't even played.

I checked out the achievements and they are way more lenient/easier than originally on Xbox360. You used to have to play basically 3-4 playthroughs minimum to get all the ME1 achievements because you had to complete basically the whole game with each squadmate and so you could only knock 2 out per game pretty much. In this one they changed it to 5 misisons which seems to include side quests as well.

Ended up stopping at Feros last night. Game definitely looks improved. I wasn't expecting to get Spectre gear so soon lol

Can't wait to see how 2 and 3 look.

I checked out the achievements and they are way more lenient/easier than originally on Xbox360. You used to have to play basically 3-4 playthroughs minimum to get all the ME1 achievements because you had to complete basically the whole game with each squadmate and so you could only knock 2 out per game pretty much. In this one they changed it to 5 misisons which seems to include side quests as well.

I'm really glad they changed them. ME1 is the only one in the series I didn't 100% because of those squadmate achievements.

Damn ME1 combat is a hot mess on insanity. Im remembering why i always rushed through on normal to get to ME2. ME1 still has a certain magic to it. The hot mess of combat can be wildly entertaining at times but i had forgotten about the frustration of ME1. Wrex stepping in front of my perfect head shot. Enemies bumrushing from an open door. The backtracking and getting lost on certain maps. Got a little depressed fired up ME2 and boom all negativity drained from me. ME1 did not age well.

Put the insanity soldier playthrough on the back burner and started a normal engineer run...had a blast all night. Hanging up on the council is chicken soup for the soul.

Yea I started me1 on hardcore and I’m not going back. It’s easy enough and I just want to Breeze through it not constant deaths and retires.

Me2 and 3 are vastly better as far as combat but they sort of had to make biotics useless to do it. Once you remove shield or armor there’s no point in biotics because the enemy dies quickly after that.

Yea I started me1 on hardcore and I’m not going back. It’s easy enough and I just want to Breeze through it not constant deaths and retires.

Me2 and 3 are vastly better as far as combat but they sort of had to make biotics useless to do it. Once you remove shield or armor there’s no point in biotics because the enemy dies quickly after that.

While the combat is certainly...smoother in the other games, they're essentially just third person shooters. I would've liked to have seen them expand on the ideas they had for a more robust, real time RPG combat system they had in ME1. It was rough around the edges, yeah, but it was unique and you had more options to tackle each combat scenario than the other games that are basically just Gears of War, with a few bells and whistles.

@JohnSAFTAHess

One last thing.

.... I had that exact same problem with Dragon Age. Something was getting messed up between steam and origin

.... I had that exact same problem with Dragon Age. Something was getting messed up between steam and origin

Yeah, I didn't even bother trying to get my save from ME2 to work with my pirated copy of ME3.

Yeah I forgot how big of assholes they really are. I always liked hanging up on them after every video call.

I've played through ME1 probably 7 or 8 times, and I've killed the council every time.

Each playthrough, I always start out thinking that I'm going to do something different this time, and I always end up making the same choices. After investing so many hours, I just have to do what feels right.

I'll probably never see the alternate storylines.

I've played through ME1 probably 7 or 8 times, and I've killed the council every time.

Each playthrough, I always start out thinking that I'm going to do something different this time, and I always end up making the same choices. After investing so many hours, I just have to do what feels right.

I'll probably never see the alternate storylines.
Youtube

While the combat is certainly...smoother in the other games, they're essentially just third person shooters. I would've liked to have seen them expand on the ideas they had for a more robust, real time RPG combat system they had in ME1. It was rough around the edges, yeah, but it was unique and you had more options to tackle each combat scenario than the other games that are basically just Gears of War, with a few bells and whistles.

I loved ME1 best, despite the jank/texture pop in. I didn't level my characters up until about 1/3 of the game (yeah I'm an idiot) but once I did I had a blast with biotics.

Did they nerf them in the remaster for ME1? I recall being able to cast, or easily being able to cast, multiple abilities. It's been a while but in 2 and 3 I think you could only cast one ability, then wait for cooldown. Hopefully this makes sense.

Back