Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster Announced (Release date May 14)

Favorite game in the trilogy

• Total voters
I did one of the side missions and after exiting the compound decided to drive around with the Mako for a bit, ended up going over some hills and flipped the Mako over. Thought I was gonna have to re-start from the auto save. I forgot you could just return to Normandy once that happens lol

M8rjEW2.jpg

I'm really glad they changed them. ME1 is the only one in the series I didn't 100% because of those squadmate achievements.

I need to look more carefully at them but I think you can actually 100% ME1 in one playthrough now. You may need to do a little grinding here and there but it looks very doable if you start on Insanity and remember to swap out party members.

Damn ME1 combat is a hot mess on insanity. Im remembering why i always rushed through on normal to get to ME2. ME1 still has a certain magic to it. The hot mess of combat can be wildly entertaining at times but i had forgotten about the frustration of ME1. Wrex stepping in front of my perfect head shot. Enemies bumrushing from an open door. The backtracking and getting lost on certain maps. Got a little depressed fired up ME2 and boom all negativity drained from me. ME1 did not age well.

Put the insanity soldier playthrough on the back burner and started a normal engineer run...had a blast all night. Hanging up on the council is chicken soup for the soul.

Yeah... ME1 feels a lot more improved but damn some things are just clunky/janky. IIRC in ME2/ME3 you can either bend the skills like warp so they can hit enemies behind some cover or I think maybe in ME2 case if you have line of sight I believe the AI will just hit them when you direct them to do their skill. ME1 half of my shit is missing when I have line of sight and like nothing blocking me and pretty sure I have no accuracy penalty. Squadmate AI is occasionally atrocious. And enemy AI sometimes goes from being brain dead by just aimlessly walking/standing there to sometimes sitting behind cover refusing to move.

I'm still playing on Insanity and I just beat Therum (chose it as the first major planet to visit) and damn that part with the Geth Stalkers was annoying af. Ashley refused to do ANYTHING even though I was manually choosing her skills and I tried to get her to target things but she just sat behind cover the whole time.

Also, LMAO at getting one-shotted by Geth Snipers out of nowhere. I remember that from back in original ME1 so I figured it wouldn't happen, but sure enough it's happened like twice already. The sudden death from it is actually kind of hilarious especially when you didn't notice the red line. At the end of the mission there's another fight with a Geth Sniper and he immediately shot me and insta

I will say though that the sniper rifle feels waaaaay better. I am using it now similar to how I use it in ME2/ME3 but again due to dumb AI mechanics or just weird hit detection issues it can still be a bit wonky to use. I recall back in ME1 I basically never used the cover system at all. Pretty much just ran around shooting like a maniac and spamming powers. I like how in this one the cover is much more usable although it's still not as good as ME2/3

Overall though I am loving the game. It's just very nice to play despite its quirks. Part of it is nostalgia but I think it's also just in general a really good game and it has aged well for the most part. i can not wait to play ME2/ME3.

I did one of the side missions and after exiting the compound decided to drive around with the Mako for a bit, ended up going over some hills and flipped the Mako over. Thought I was gonna have to re-start from the auto save. I forgot you could just return to Normandy once that happens lol

M8rjEW2.jpg

LMAO. I have not had any issues with the Mako so far. I mentioned before but honestly I never really had too many problems with it. That screenshot is hilarious though

LMAO. I have not had any issues with the Mako so far. I mentioned before but honestly I never really had too many problems with it. That screenshot is hilarious though
I think this only happened to me once in the original so I was pretty surprised to see it happen again lol. I tried the thrusters and boosters hoping it would help me flick back over but it wasn't working.

I was on Therum and I hit an imaginary bump and ended up wedged halfway in the ground. A level 8 hazard killed me lol

I began a second playthrough last night and this one is going to set up my choices for the other two. I plan on romancing Miranda, so I might save Kaidan, which I've never done.

Lol. I flipped on ilos in a hallway. Took me like 5 min flip back, couldnt just exit to the normandy.

Did they nerf them in the remaster for ME1? I recall being able to cast, or easily being able to cast, multiple abilities. It's been a while but in 2 and 3 I think you could only cast one ability, then wait for cooldown. Hopefully this makes sense.

No its pretty much the same. They made changes but overall its the same thing. ME1 and 2 change it so that all targets have armor\shields. You need to remove either one of these before biotics will even work. That sounds fine as it is but the main problem is once you remove either of these the person dies after removing either the shield or armor so quick that biotics arent nearly as helpful.

I was on Therum and I hit an imaginary bump and ended up wedged halfway in the ground. A level 8 hazard killed me lol

I began a second playthrough last night and this one is going to set up my choices for the other two. I plan on romancing Miranda, so I might save Kaidan, which I've never done.

My "canon" Shepard romances Miranda but I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do for ME1 romance. I was thinking of romancing Ashley and then

letting her die lol

Also, what's the etiquette for spoilers? Game is old af but I'm sure lot of new people will be checking it out too?

I got all three on gamepass. Haven't started yet. Should I get the Legendary edition instead? I've only ever played 3 and Andromeda...

My "canon" Shepard romances Miranda but I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do for ME1 romance. I was thinking of romancing Ashley and then

letting her die lol

Also, what's the etiquette for spoilers? Game is old af but I'm sure lot of new people will be checking it out too?

I'd say it's discretionary at this point. Nothing changed story-wise from then to now, so it's up to you guys.

I never thought of doing both... That's brilliant. :D

I got all three on gamepass. Haven't started yet. Should I get the Legendary edition instead? I've only ever played 3 and Andromeda...

I think ME2 and ME3 have aged pretty well but the Legendary Edition will definitely make ME1 shooting a lot better (but still not as good as the sequels). I have not yet gotten to ME2/3 in the LE so idk how much more improved they look/feel so I can't speak on that. I would say getting all three for whatever the price LE is is a good deal but at the same time it's kind of hard to beat free lol. I would say go for the LE especially if you liked ME3/Andromeda

I'd say it's discretionary at this point. Nothing changed story-wise from then to now, so it's up to you guys.

I never thought of doing both... That's brilliant. :D

Yeah, it's kind of tragic but funny at the same time lmao

letting her die lol

Probably best to add spoilers just in case.

Does anyone remember how NG+ worked in ME1 and how if it works the same in Legendary Edition? IIRC when you NG+ you carry over certain things including some boosts and I believe you can change your Shepard completely (gender, background, class). Is that right? Debating on if I will replay ME1 or go straight into ME2 whenever I beat it.

Does anyone remember how NG+ worked in ME1 and how if it works the same in Legendary Edition? IIRC when you NG+ you carry over certain things including some boosts and I believe you can change your Shepard completely (gender, background, class). Is that right? Debating on if I will replay ME1 or go straight into ME2 whenever I beat it.

It works the same. Your gear and stats carry over. I'm on my second right now.

Did anyone make a custom Shep for the legendary edition? Thinking about just using the default male Shep since I heard he looks the best facial structure wise. Had a custom femshep the last go around.

Did anyone make a custom Shep for the legendary edition? Thinking about just using the default male Shep since I heard he looks the best facial structure wise. Had a custom femshep the last go around.

I always make custom Shep and I think he looks pretty decent/good. I try to make an Asian guy and sometimes he kind of looks Italian or something but sometimes he looks Asian lmao. I also make custom fem shep although I basically make her the same as default ME1 fem shep (not the new ME3 default)

Back