Matches to make after Oliveira vs Chandler

The Winners
Charles Oliveira vs. Poirier/McGregor 3 winner (UFC LW Title)
Beneil Dariush vs. Justin Gaethje
Rogerio Bontorin vs. Dvorak/Paiva winner
Edson Barboza vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov
Andre Muniz vs. Akhmedov/Tavares winner
Lando Vannata vs. Alex Caceres
Jordan Wright vs. Jun Yong Park
Tucker Lutz vs. Paddy Pimblett
Christos Giagos vs. Patrick/Jones winner

The Losers
Michael Chandler vs. Makhachev/Moises winner
Tony Ferguson vs. Donald Cerrone
Matt Schnell vs Matheus Nicolau
Shane Burgos vs. Sodiq Yusuff
Mike Grundy vs. Kai Kamaka
Sean Soriano vs. a newcomer

The Cull
Jacare - retire.
Jamie Pickett
Kevin Aguilar

How many fights has he won at LW again? When was his last win in the division as well?
No shame in losing to Khabib and going 1 and 1 with Poirier , going through Eddie in a little over a round and Cowboy in 42 seconds but tapping to Ricardo Lamas?

No shame in losing to Khabib and going 1 and 1 with Poirier , going through Eddie in a little over a round and Cowboy in 42 seconds but tapping to Ricardo Lamas?
Your only positive evidence is antiquated. Let’s talk recency. To compare Olivera and Conor as it stands just screams blinding bias. Technically Conor is 1-1 with Dustin, but those were 4 different fighters. Michael Jordan would get owned in 1-1 against current James Harden, but to say Harden would lose because MJ was once the best is silly

Michael Chandler vs Rafael Dos Anjos
Beneil Dariush vs Justin Gaethje
Tony Ferguson vs Makhachev/Moises winner
Dariush vs Gaethje
I like Gaethje v Dariush or RDA v Dariush
Chandler vs Islam Makhachev
Beneil Dariush vs Justin Gaethje
Mike Chandler vs Beneil Dariush
Beneil Dariush^
Michael Chandler vs Gillespie
Chandler Vs. Loser of Dustin/McG
Dariush Vs. Justin G
Benny vs gaychee for #1 contender after Dustin KO’s conman again
Beneli Dariush VS Michael Chandler

Tony Ferguson VS Gregor Gillespie
Else Oliveira vs Gaethje.
Beneil Dariush vs. Justin Gaethje
Michael Chandler vs. Makhachev/Moises winner
Chandler vs Gaethje you fucking goofs. What's wrong with you people?
Especially you idiots saying Ferg vs Makhachev/Gillespie, after seeing his last 2 fights. Jesus christ, this place...

Cowboy wasn’t LW. Work on your reading comprehension. Conor is 1-2 at LW over 5 years. He has no claim to another title fight. His last win in the division came against Alvarez. Dude needs to work for it.

Your only positive evidence is antiquated. Let’s talk recency. To compare Olivera and Conor as it stands just screams blinding bias. Technically Conor is 1-1 with Dustin, but those were 4 different fighters. Michael Jordan would get owned in 1-1 against current James Harden, but to say Harden would lose because MJ was once the best is silly
To compare it to a team sport and a player from 20 years ago is silly .

To compare it to a team sport and a player from 20 years ago is silly .
Literally I said 1 on 1. So. It’s an apt comparison. And yes, the whole thing is silly. Just like you claiming Conor v Dustin 1 is even remotely indicative of the current lightweight situation. And whoever you were arguing with was spot on that Conor has zero relevant wins of recent at lightweight and the only one he has was to one of the worst champs in recent history who has fumbled it even more in a non ufc league . But why do I even bother? Conor fans are gonna be gonna fans. Truth is their #1 enemy

Literally I said 1 on 1. So. It’s an apt comparison. And yes, the whole thing is silly. Just like you claiming Conor v Dustin 1 is even remotely indicative of the current lightweight situation. And whoever you were arguing with was spot on that Conor has zero relevant wins of recent at lightweight and the only one he has was to one of the worst champs in recent history who has fumbled it even more in a non ufc league . But why do I even bother? Conor fans are gonna be gonna fans. Truth is their #1 enemy
Conor was the champ and lost it to his next LW opponent, just like Eddie before him and RDA who only defeated Cowboy before losing it. Multiple fighters in LW have fought in 2 divisions :Olivera, Khabib (before UFC), Kevin Lee, RDA, BJ, Chiesa, Cowboy and Nate to name a few. All fights count on your record both wins and losses I am sorry if it doesn’t help you narrative. Conor has beaten Cowboy, Eddie, Dustin and Nate not to mention Holloway and a host of others at 145. He has held 2 belts and fought in 3 divisions and is a automatic HOF inductee . You may not like him but you need to respect him and buy some Proper 12, you sound like you need it.

Conor was the champ and lost it to his next LW opponent, just like Eddie before him and RDA who only defeated Cowboy before losing it. Multiple fighters in LW have fought in 2 divisions :Olivera, Khabib (before UFC), Kevin Lee, RDA, BJ, Chiesa, Cowboy and Nate to name a few. All fights count on your record both wins and losses I am sorry if it doesn’t help you narrative. Conor has beaten Cowboy, Eddie, Dustin and Nate not to mention Holloway and a host of others at 145. He has held 2 belts and fought in 3 divisions and is a automatic HOF inductee . You may not like him but you need to respect him and buy some Proper 12, you sound like you need it.
Once again, literally has nothing to do with my point. Of course he’s an automatic HOFer. This started as a discussion regarding current match ups. Conor’s wins at 145 over guys years ago, is greatly overshadowed by his weak record at 155, when it comes to CURRENT fighters and their CURRENT weights. So to say with outright certainty as you have, that he would beat Charles based on old wins at 145 in a weight class where is power worked but clearly hasn’t transferred, is ridiculous. There are levels to this? Gimme a break. When Conor wins a legit fight at 155 against a current active fighter then you may be able to make a legitimate point. But until then, your clinging to ancient wins at a lighter weight class, is stupid. Quit changing the argument to fit whatever narrative you want in the moment.

He has beaten #1 ranked Poirier and they are fighting the trilogy next month . A greater win than any that Olivera has and let me remind you both Olivera and Conor fought at 145 and 155 and ALL of those wins and losses count.

To who? For what? Can you become a 155 champ because you won fights at a lower weight class years ago? He hasn’t done anything at 155. He’s 1-2 at that class. And 1-2 in his last 3 fights.

by this logic let’s just give Charles’s belt to joe Duffy right??

Once again, literally has nothing to do with my point. Of course he’s an automatic HOFer. This started as a discussion regarding current match ups. Conor’s wins at 145 over guys years ago, is greatly overshadowed by his weak record at 155, when it comes to CURRENT fighters and their CURRENT weights. So to say with outright certainty as you have, that he would beat Charles based on old wins at 145 in a weight class where is power worked but clearly hasn’t transferred, is ridiculous. There are levels to this? Gimme a break. When Conor wins a legit fight at 155 against a current active fighter then you may be able to make a legitimate point. But until then, your clinging to ancient wins at a lighter weight class, is stupid. Quit changing the argument to fit whatever narrative you want in the moment.
If you honestly think Conor’s record at 155 is weak beating prime Alvarez, losing to Poirier and Khabib then nobody in all of MMA could do better, even Gaejhe who I dearly love lost to all 3 and so would Olivera.

1. Jacare retirement is the easiest call, provided he’s financially okay, which I hope he his. No need to be dealing with shit like this.

2. Charles vs Poirier if DP wins. That’s the fight we really need to truly crown the best lightweight of the post-Khabib era. Justin will hopefully have his say at some point, but DP is back on track and needs to be next. We all know Conor gets his shot if he wins so why bother debating it.

3. Chandler is already 35. For all we know he’ll get KO’d again soon and start nearing the end. So if he’s up for it let’s just make Chandler vs Gaethje right now. Both coming off losses in title fights.

4. Not clear what the deal is with Dariush and Gaethje and Dariush and RDA. Those are the obvious matchups on paper so hopefully he’s good with it. If not he’s in a weird situation and should maybe just stay ready in case of injury.

5. Barboza is not spring chicken so let’s get his fun matchups going now too. TKZ and Kattar fight soon I believe, and either guy would be a blast to see against Edson. Really though anyone in the top ten. The Ige fight was close and he was spectacular against Burgos, so he should be treated like a lower top ten guy IMO.

6. Burgos I worry a little about. He’s been in a lot of fire fights. Great offense but gets hit a lot, and the chin may not be doing him any favors. I wonder if he’d be really quick and have success at 155. At 145 I’m not sure what will change. He’s very good but doesn’t seem to have a path to victory against other really good strikers. Barely beat Cub.

If you honestly think Conor’s record at 155 is weak beating prime Alvarez, losing to Poirier and Khabib then nobody in all of MMA could do better, even Gaejhe who I dearly love lost to all 3 and so would Olivera.

Nobody can do better than my 0-0 record too. He hasn’t been fighting. He has one masterclass and got finished twice, and those happen to be the most recent times. The ONE good night was years ago now. If all you have to do is beat Eddie Alvarez then a lot of guys have a claim.

Nobody can do better than my 0-0 record too. He hasn’t been fighting. He has one masterclass and got finished twice, and those happen to be the most recent times. The ONE good night was years ago now. If all you have to do is beat Eddie Alvarez then a lot of guys have a claim.
He beat Cowboy in 42 seconds a more recent win than Tony has. If your personal record were 22-5 fighting across 3 weight divisions including 5 current or future world champions I would be impressed by you as well.

He beat Cowboy in 42 seconds a more recent win than Tony has. If your personal record were 22-5 fighting across 3 weight divisions including 5 current or future world champions I would be impressed by you as well.
Not if he ran his mouth like he was the second coming. Most of McGregors checks don’t cash anymore. And 3 weight divisions, gimme a break. He fought 2 155lbers at 170. Never fought a legit 170 so don’t call that 3 weights divisions. Nate never fought at 170 until then. Although Nate was “tree times me size” at 170 so maybe you have a point <45>

Not if he ran his mouth like he was the second coming. Most of McGregors checks don’t cash anymore. And 3 weight divisions, gimme a break. He fought 2 155lbers at 170. Never fought a legit 170 so don’t call that 3 weights divisions. Nate never fought at 170 until then. Although Nate was “tree times me size” at 170 so maybe you have a point <45>
So according to you Cowboy and Nate are 155 pound fighters that he beat recently. Now we are getting some where.

Dustin getting a title shot if he wins makes 100% sense. Conor on the other hand shouldn't even be sniffing a title shot if he somehow wins. He should need at least one more. Conor is 0-2 at LW in the past 4 years. Some of you guys are so so delusional.

Back