Max vs Gaethje is dumb it does nothing for Max change my mind

So this fight is rumored for UFC 300 by uncle "I never lie" Chael. First of all I kinda predicted it would happen because I listed in in my "UFC 300 card" thread

And I also think that it's a really sick fight

I just don't see the point for Max. At all. For Gaethje yes it's great he gets a win against a FW legend and will set up a title fight thanks to it.

But for Max? He doesn't have the style nor the physicality to deal with Gaethje.

I can count on one hand the times where Holloway grappled offensively, which is Gaethje's kryptonite.

Max is not going to put Gaethje out, JG can take a shot, not a shot he can take plenty of them. The last time he was overwhelmed standing up was against Poirier in their first fight, which was when ? 2018 I think ? So 5 years ago, will be 6 years ago by UFC 300 time.

Max should chill and see if Topuria beats Volk. And if yes position himself for a FW TS.

Change my mind.
It’s the perfect matchup for both since the two of them combined are 0-5 in their last five title shots, and it’s pretty clear neither of them are beating the champion of their division.

The alternative would be Justin vs Makhachev, which would be another squash match where Justin taps inside two rounds (basically Justin vs Khabib rematch), and in Max case, it’s even worse, seriously does anyone in their right mind want Max va Volk 4?

I don't like the match-up either but it puts money in his pocket, I guess

Does nothing for him implies a win wouldn’t change anything. Obviously not the case, probably goes right into a title shot with a win.

For OP first post.

The point of this fight is to make amazing fights.

Anything else outside of the above is misdirection.

I hope this matchup happens and I hope Max wins

Everyone is acting like Max cannot win the fight, and I get a special kind of pleasure out of seeing Sherdoggers eat shit

a.JPG

Nothing does anything for Max hes just a guy who cut a ton of weight and usually fought people smaller than him. Kennys fought light heavyweights and hes smaller than Max. Theres quite a few extreme weight cutters I dont really like any of them.

View attachment 1027118

Nothing does anything for Max hes just a guy who cut a ton of weight and usually fought people smaller than him. Kenny use to fight middleweight. Theres quite a few extreme weight cutters I dont really like any of them.

Why did Kenny fight at Middleweight?

Didn't Max ask for this fight? If so, then let him eat or be eaten. He wants a dog fight
It's a fight designed by ali to keep his client (gaethje) busy while his other client (islam) either rematches charles or tries his hand at 170. I'm not a fan of the fight, yet at the same time I don't favor gaethje as strongly as most do. Gaethje can wilt under pressure, and max is one of the best pressure fighters out there.
Except it's not designed by Ali at all, Max called out GaethjeMHT.JPG

Yeah, volume doesn't mean squat when it's Bisping-fisted and the opponent hits like a tank in a demolition derby. Max dies if he takes the fight and never wins a top fight in the 145 class again after getting Ferguson'ed by Gaethge

It likely ends up looking a lot like Max/Poirier. Max is good enough to be competitive but the difference in power would be dramatic. The only chance I could see Max having is if it's a five rounder and Gaethje gassed himself bruising his knuckles on Max's iron jaw. I'd give Max next to no chance in a three rounder. I could also see Gaethje cracking his chin.

😂

To be fair, Max got lucky with the nose break AND committed Jones-esque eye molestation. Lucky strike and cheated twice...so a tainted win.

Yeah lucky kick, no skill, strategy and timing involved with that kick at all.

Back