Economy Men only make up 40% of college students. Where is the outcry?

Are you saying people don't have a choice in what the chose? Or is it they don't have the ability to pass the courses required to get other degrees?
If you don't have the drive and education for a useful degree the maybe you should look at something besides college.

But that’s not the situation here. We are talking about white male enrollment not useless degrees for $1000. The way you worded it would make someone assume white males aren’t going to college because they don’t want to pay X amount for a useless degree which is silly when there are tons of useful degrees that pay very well.

But that’s not the situation here. We are talking about white male enrollment not useless degrees for $1000. The way you worded it would make someone assume white males aren’t going to college because they don’t want to pay X amount for a useless degree which is silly when there are tons of useful degrees that pay very well.

Yes I understand that but ypu have to have the educational background to make it through that and the trades offer very good money that doesn't.

Now I agree this is not the only cause of this difference and would like to see more on why this is happening.

As others have mentioned there's an inherent imbalance due to the fact the trades are dominated by men. Meh.

The balance doesn't really matter, but the trends do. Men are dropping out more, graduating less, and applying to college less at rates that far outpace women.

The balance doesn't really matter, but the trends do. Men are dropping out more, graduating less, and applying to college less at rates that far outpace women.
So men are getting smarter? That is an encouraging trend indeed.

Jokes aside, concerning trends aside, this Is not necessarily a bad thing. The idea that getting a degree at all cost was a foolish one to begin with. Sure, it's proof that you're able to learn, but as evidenced by only 27% of people being employed in a field related to their major it's typically a waste of resources.

Lol. You're a complete loser if you're a dude complaining about this.

You must be completely self centered if you don't care about the plight of our young men. I went to college a long time ago. That part of my life is over. That does not mean that I don't care about the young men are having their lives ruined by the feminist agenda which has shaped out schools into a place hostile to young men.

And I care about young women to. Look there is a epidemic of unmarried women in this country. A large part of that is because they can not find suitable partners. Women are inherently hypergamous which mean they are adverse to dating down on the socioeconomic ladder. Instead a whole generation of women are holding out for Prince Charming only to find out that he is never coming to late.

So either they never enjoy the joy of motherhood or they lash out at society and engage in indiscriminate sex which inevitably leads to single motherhood. Either path leads to unhappy outcomes for both the individual women and society.

Turns out by nature of their biology , men have a much better chance in succeeding in things that require less time in college campuses.

Well, yeah. People on here tend to default to the political left-right explanation for most things so explanations that can't be attributed to Dem or GOP malfeasance have a hard time gaining traction.

Yeah, I was going to say that whether your point is right or wrong, it's unfortunately rare to see that kind of attempt to actually think about the issue and answer the question rather than just knee-jerking partisan bullshit.

Just as college degrees become more and more worthless, men are going less and less. Sounds like men are the smart ones here.

Around half of people wind up dropping out of college. And on top of that, 3 in 4 college graduates get a job unrelated to their field of study, meaning their time spent at university was largely wasted.

This is not surprising and not a negative for men. If you're looking for a career, try to get practical experience first, then slowly but surely get your college degree or your ticket or w/e you need for doors not to close on you in the future. Also if you're going to college for an experience rather tha a career and want to be wild for a time, there's way more women than men....that's not a negative for men

many young guys go into the armed services first for the GI bill to pay for college after service. many young ladies realize hooters is not a long term job, and apply for college.

ITT

81968449.jpg

You must be completely self centered if you don't care about the plight of our young men. I went to college a long time ago. That part of my life is over. That does not mean that I don't care about the young men are having their lives ruined by the feminist agenda which has shaped out schools into a place hostile to young men.

And I care about young women to. Look there is a epidemic of unmarried women in this country. A large part of that is because they can not find suitable partners. Women are inherently hypergamous which mean they are adverse to dating down on the socioeconomic ladder. Instead a whole generation of women are holding out for Prince Charming only to find out that he is never coming to late.

So either they never enjoy the joy of motherhood or they lash out at society and engage in indiscriminate sex which inevitably leads to single motherhood. Either path leads to unhappy outcomes for both the individual women and society.
I couldn't even read past this...lol.

if u get divided, weakened, enslaved, and conquered by women, ur a pussy <Lmaoo>

It's about dividing families to weaken the people making them more malleable, and pliable, and able to be dominated and controlled by the State.

Last edited:
What's going on with our young men? It seems like men are falling behind and all you can hear is cheers. Is this not a problem for the left? I think it is. Look I know college is not the only metric for success but these are staggering numbers. What can be done to reverse this?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/colleg...-EBA4OQanCW-1aLor9e_mq7-PNa699o05vgoKwO8vM5Is

Men are abandoning higher education in such numbers that they now trail female college students by record levels.

At the close of the 2020-21 academic year, women made up 59.5% of college students, an all-time high, and men 40.5%, according to enrollment data from the National Student Clearinghouse, a nonprofit research group. U.S. colleges and universities had 1.5 million fewer students compared with five years ago, and men accounted for 71% of the decline.

This education gap, which holds at both two- and four-year colleges, has been slowly widening for 40 years. The divergence increases at graduation: After six years of college, 65% of women in the U.S. who started a four-year university in 2012 received diplomas by 2018 compared with 59% of men during the same period, according to the U.S. Department of Education.

In the next few years, two women will earn a college degree for every man, if the trend continues, said Douglas Shapiro, executive director of the research center at the National Student Clearinghouse.

No reversal is in sight. Women increased their lead over men in college applications for the 2021-22 school year—3,805,978 to 2,815,810—by nearly a percentage point compared with the previous academic year, according to Common Application, a nonprofit that transmits applications to more than 900 schools. Women make up 49% of the college-age population in the U.S., according to the Census Bureau.

"Men are falling behind remarkably fast," said Thomas Mortenson, a senior scholar at the Pell Institute for the Study of Opportunity in Higher Education, which aims to improve educational opportunities for low-income, first-generation and disabled college students.

The college gender gap cuts across race, geography and economic background. For the most part, white men—once the predominant group on American campuses—no longer hold a statistical edge in enrollment rates, said Mr. Mortenson, of the Pell Institute. Enrollment rates for poor and working-class white men are lower than those of young Black, Latino and Asian men from the same economic backgrounds, according to an analysis of census data by the Pell Institute for the Journal.

That’s because men have become pussified.
It’s up to us Sherdoggers to save real men from going extinct.

Too lazy to make one of those double red button sweating guy memes but:
"Men aren't going to college" vs. "College is a liberal commie sham"

I suspect that many will be finding/pioneering more constructive uses of their time.
I also suspect that the numbers probably still favour men if you focus your attention on degrees that are still worth pursuing for knowledge.

The value of a tertiary education is rapidly diminishing, and the cost isn't following suite.
In the 30s, women were tricked into picking up smoking by leveraging feminist rhetoric to frame smoking as an empowering pastime, despite it being an unhealthy time-waster.
This probably isn't much different from that - especially when it comes to hooking people on a lifetime of debt for a rationalist degree of questionable factual worth.

Next up, increasing female debt drives up women's suicide numbers as feminists blame the patriarchy.

Last edited:
Back