• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Merged- Anything Trans Topic: Trump supports Trans in Bathroom V1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of it is, but the bottom line is men and women are different. They have different physical capacities and hormones. Hormones affect thoughts and behavior.

To an extent, some aspects of gender are, I imagine, socially constructed but:
a) I don't really see a big problem with that, and;
b) Men and women are born into different bodies, ergo, we are born into different environments and that, combined with certain natural drives, is going to mean there are certain natural, biologically-based commonalities among different individuals of the same sex.

At least, that's how I see it.

Saying "gender is a social construct" as if it's some sort of accusation seems a little ridiculous to me.

so when infant males naturally gravitate towards tool type toys and infant females gravitate toward dolls they need to check their privelege?

I will admit I'm often beyond bemused when people lose their minds over men wearing dresses, and then being entirely unable to process the idea that clothing by gender is a socially created concept specific to each culture.

Having a crew cut, driving a tractor trailer, and talking like Peppermint Patty are "manly" in a sense. ...But being born with a penis and not a vagina is more.

Just thought of this . . .

Without looking it up, was it not just a few years ago that gender and sex meant exactly the same thing (and rightfully so)? Language is losing all meaning rather quickly.

Just thought of this . . .

Witout looking it up, was it not literally years ago that gender and sex meant exactly the same thing (and rightfully so)? Language is losing all meaning rather quickly.

That's what I thought. I can remember the first time I ever heard the idea that 'gender is not sex. gender is a social construct,' in a media studies class maybe ten years ago.
It took another 7 years before anyone could actually explain to me what the hell that meant.

That's what I thought. I can remember the first time I ever heard the idea that 'gender is not sex. gender is a social construct,' in a media studies class maybe ten years ago.
It took another 7 years before anyone could actually explain to me what the hell that meant.

Near as I can tell it means women and gays are desperately insecure. :eek::D

No, take your SJW bullshit and shove it up your cuckold ass.

Sex and gender mean the same thing to me. You can call yourself whatever you want, but at the end of the day you're either male or female.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back