Opinion Meta: The War Room can't hold a discussion

Neph

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Following the thread title "Gas the Ozzies" and an increase in the hysterical nature of comments in the War Room I decided to do a search for the word Nazi for posts in the last week. I did so with Godwin's Law in mind, which states:

"as an online discussion grows longer (regardless of topic or scope), the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Adolf Hitler approaches. In less mathematical terms, the longer the discussion, the more likely a Nazi comparison becomes, and with long enough discussions, it is a certainty."

The intended takeaway from this list is to recognise that the War Room is not constructively holding conversations and is at the point of comedic parody. Perhaps the enlightened amongst us will recognise the same hysteria with anti Donald Trump rhetoric.

Here's the results:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threadloom/search?keywords=Nazi&date=2021-09-05&nodes[0]=54

1. That was clearly taken out of context you racist Nazi xenophobe.
2. So you agree that this is basically the same as Nazi Germany then?
3. But he's a communist nazi according to these morons.
4. How was giving vaccines like the nazis? It seems like anytime anyone does anything you don't like you just call them a nazi.
5. Only 6 completely out of touch nazi so far…this is good ...
6. You would have been an absolute all star in Nazi Germany.
7. It’s literally Nazi level propaganda. How can the left support this shit?
8. Nazi scientists they recruited. The Russians Space Program was built on the same fundamentals as the U.S.
9. yup this is just like nazi Germany. Spot on. Almost exactly the same thing. 100% the same thing ...
10. People are being indoctrinated Nazi style on a daily basis to dehumanize a portion of the population. The people who think they're woke that have been fighting "Nazis" for the last few years are just what we suspected them to be all along ...
11. The Nazis did'nt use chemical gas during warfare in WW2 or the battle of Britain. So the actual risk of chemical attack was zero.
12. EYES Why haven't the mask nazis been pushing and wearing goggles!
13. more like white supremacy = 7 islamic terrorism = 998 of course today some guy who visited few neo nazis sites and then beats up a minority after a disagreement is considered "white supremacy terrorism" ...
14. Three of the four times I used it was in reference to Unite the Right, which was wall to wall Nazi symbolism. Does that event not warrant being called Nazi? While it's possible, maybe even likely it was mostly cosplay, I'm curious if ...
15. So, there were even some Jews who helped the Nazis. I mean, would race really matter to a man willing to force children to get jabbed by an experimental vaccine.
16. It's not like they weren't rocking the Trump is a fascist/ nazi signs after he called the feds in to protect federal buildings ...
17. There were some Nazis there, and many non-Nazis. Two of my good friends were there, and we went on a long hike a few weeks after that. Their take is that they showed up, saw that the whole thing was basically a set up, and left. I ...
18. how almost every video clip on line cuts out right before the part about him talking about the Neo Nazis and white supremacists...why don't you actually try listening to the full line for yourself? Starts at 1:55: ...
19. You do realize that when the Nazi's took over Germany and much of europe they forced people to wear mask and get vaccinated. Some gyms even required people to be vaccinated. It was such a tragic time that it pains me to talk about it.
20. really is a slap in the face to people that actually have had family that had to face the atrocities of nazis or communists. Or when swastikas are drawn on Jewish politician signs, it’s not seen as an issue. But hey, I guess we are too ...
21. The US even granted immunity and shipped over select Nazi war criminals to aid them in all types of expermintation and testing even within the US. Nazis were into all kinds of crazy shit in their labs. Documents literally got traded for ...
22. Starting Jan 22, good luck finding bacon or chops in Cali. smh, enviro-nazis at it again.
23. Vaccine Nazis: ...
24. Not a single terrified mask-nazi wears goggles in any situation or environment, despite Dr. Fauci's clear recommendation that they do so. It is a the small, easy step. A minor inconvenience to wear goggles that protect yourself and by ...
25. In an era when black people can be called white supremacists or devout Jews Nazis without the accusers blinking an eye I can't agree with your last paragraph. I do agree that these people are a disproportionately loud minority, yet most ...
26. records for the BLM grifters and Maxine Waters, you'd be on here calling it racist and saying we live in Nazi Germany.
27. You said in another comment: That's a lot of use of the "Nazi" term. My experience with running into some of those guys is that they vary from civic nationalists, extreme nationalists, western chauvinists, all the way to explicit ...
28. In his last tweet, he said pro-vaccine outreach was like the Nazis after a post urging vaccination by Florida Agricultural Commissioner Nikki Fried, a Democrat. https://www.rawstory.com/anti-va ...
29. The Nazi pride in their Aryan blood is one of the reasons people immediately tie white pride to supremacy. It's in the definition. White pride is an expression primarily used by white separatist, white nationalist, fascists, neo-Nazi ...
30. First they were all white supremacists and Nazis and now they're all super spreaders. Always dehumanizing this group of people based on completely made up narratives. Once the truth comes out, it's a year later and people have already ...
31. It's just fucking Nazi madness. I think it's coming from a good place for most people, but the dangerous precedent this is setting is escaping most of them. Maybe if the vaccine actually eradicated the virus, and or stopped transmission ...
32. Fisman suggested last night that it was a Nazi dog whistle because the tweet had exactly 14 words. These are the bright minds at work behind our policy decisions.
33. You know as well as I do that you'd be making the same thread calling it "authoritarian" and nazis if it was republicans demanding corporations hand over private data of their political opposition, but it's democrats yet again, so you're ...
34. If one can be anti Nazi or anti CCP or anti Colonialism, then there is nothing wrong in being anti Islam. Why should any religon get a pass , they are just man made ideologies. If an ideology preaches supermacism why should it get a pass ...
35. because of the pride in their British heritage... ( Australian ) l You're truly blind if you think the nazis weren't proud of their Aryan roots. How are you so blind to history? Being proud of one's sexuality is a new thing . So ...
36. What really is bad are the proliferating health nazis who are sprouting up like mushrooms — toadstools — everywhere. In some places — Australia, for example, they come bearing the police power of the state and are harassing and ...

Anyway. Stay classy, War Room.

ncnm.jpg

It is known. Odds that even this thread will turn into a proper discussion are slim to none. Talk about meta.

Either way, thanks TS. The nazi comparisons are just a small part of it. I think one of the major issues is that people aren't willing to compromise their views if it isn't attached to their ideology. Rather willingly be ignorant than admit being wrong.

PS: in fairness, some of the posts in the OP are responding to other posters invoking the nazis.

It is known. Odds that even this thread will turn into a proper discussion are slim to none. Talk about meta.

Either way, thanks TS. The nazi comparisons are just a small part of it. I think one of the major issues is that people aren't willing to compromise their views if it isn't attached to their ideology. Rather willingly be ignorant than admit being wrong.

PS: in fairness, some of the posts in the OP are responding to other posters invoking the nazis.

I don't think anyone in the history of the War Room has ever changed their mind about anything. <WhatItIs>

Mike Godwin himself has also criticized the overapplication of Godwin's law, claiming it does not articulate a fallacy; but rather intended to reduce the frequency of inappropriate and hyperbolic comparisons.

It's not specifically the war room, our politicians and media just spent 4 straight years screaming that everyone not on their team is a nazi and white supremacist, and these forums and youtube vloggers seem to be just people trying to give poor man's versions of whatever talking points they heard from there.

To be fair, they did mix it up a bit to compare jobs where employees make less than their boss to slavery and police officers to slave patrols. Hell, millionaire professional athletes are "practically slaves" according to the internet.

Of course it should be met with mockery. Our media and online discussion forums are not quality discussions, they're only good as a jumping off point when someone says something ridiculous to see where they got it from and why it's ridiculous.

It only took 10 posts.

Following the thread title "Gas the Ozzies" and an increase in the hysterical nature of comments in the War Room I decided to do a search for the word Nazi for posts in the last week. I did so with Godwin's Law in mind, which states:

"as an online discussion grows longer (regardless of topic or scope), the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Adolf Hitler approaches. In less mathematical terms, the longer the discussion, the more likely a Nazi comparison becomes, and with long enough discussions, it is a certainty."

The intended takeaway from this list is to recognise that the War Room is not constructively holding conversations and is at the point of comedic parody. Perhaps the enlightened amongst us will recognise the same hysteria with anti Donald Trump rhetoric.

Here's the results:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threadloom/search?keywords=Nazi&date=2021-09-05&nodes[0]=54

1. That was clearly taken out of context you racist Nazi xenophobe.
2. So you agree that this is basically the same as Nazi Germany then?
3. But he's a communist nazi according to these morons.
4. How was giving vaccines like the nazis? It seems like anytime anyone does anything you don't like you just call them a nazi.
5. Only 6 completely out of touch nazi so far…this is good ...
6. You would have been an absolute all star in Nazi Germany.
7. It’s literally Nazi level propaganda. How can the left support this shit?
8. Nazi scientists they recruited. The Russians Space Program was built on the same fundamentals as the U.S.
9. yup this is just like nazi Germany. Spot on. Almost exactly the same thing. 100% the same thing ...
10. People are being indoctrinated Nazi style on a daily basis to dehumanize a portion of the population. The people who think they're woke that have been fighting "Nazis" for the last few years are just what we suspected them to be all along ...
11. The Nazis did'nt use chemical gas during warfare in WW2 or the battle of Britain. So the actual risk of chemical attack was zero.
12. EYES Why haven't the mask nazis been pushing and wearing goggles!
13. more like white supremacy = 7 islamic terrorism = 998 of course today some guy who visited few neo nazis sites and then beats up a minority after a disagreement is considered "white supremacy terrorism" ...
14. Three of the four times I used it was in reference to Unite the Right, which was wall to wall Nazi symbolism. Does that event not warrant being called Nazi? While it's possible, maybe even likely it was mostly cosplay, I'm curious if ...
15. So, there were even some Jews who helped the Nazis. I mean, would race really matter to a man willing to force children to get jabbed by an experimental vaccine.
16. It's not like they weren't rocking the Trump is a fascist/ nazi signs after he called the feds in to protect federal buildings ...
17. There were some Nazis there, and many non-Nazis. Two of my good friends were there, and we went on a long hike a few weeks after that. Their take is that they showed up, saw that the whole thing was basically a set up, and left. I ...
18. how almost every video clip on line cuts out right before the part about him talking about the Neo Nazis and white supremacists...why don't you actually try listening to the full line for yourself? Starts at 1:55: ...
19. You do realize that when the Nazi's took over Germany and much of europe they forced people to wear mask and get vaccinated. Some gyms even required people to be vaccinated. It was such a tragic time that it pains me to talk about it.
20. really is a slap in the face to people that actually have had family that had to face the atrocities of nazis or communists. Or when swastikas are drawn on Jewish politician signs, it’s not seen as an issue. But hey, I guess we are too ...
21. The US even granted immunity and shipped over select Nazi war criminals to aid them in all types of expermintation and testing even within the US. Nazis were into all kinds of crazy shit in their labs. Documents literally got traded for ...
22. Starting Jan 22, good luck finding bacon or chops in Cali. smh, enviro-nazis at it again.
23. Vaccine Nazis: ...
24. Not a single terrified mask-nazi wears goggles in any situation or environment, despite Dr. Fauci's clear recommendation that they do so. It is a the small, easy step. A minor inconvenience to wear goggles that protect yourself and by ...
25. In an era when black people can be called white supremacists or devout Jews Nazis without the accusers blinking an eye I can't agree with your last paragraph. I do agree that these people are a disproportionately loud minority, yet most ...
26. records for the BLM grifters and Maxine Waters, you'd be on here calling it racist and saying we live in Nazi Germany.
27. You said in another comment: That's a lot of use of the "Nazi" term. My experience with running into some of those guys is that they vary from civic nationalists, extreme nationalists, western chauvinists, all the way to explicit ...
28. In his last tweet, he said pro-vaccine outreach was like the Nazis after a post urging vaccination by Florida Agricultural Commissioner Nikki Fried, a Democrat. https://www.rawstory.com/anti-va ...
29. The Nazi pride in their Aryan blood is one of the reasons people immediately tie white pride to supremacy. It's in the definition. White pride is an expression primarily used by white separatist, white nationalist, fascists, neo-Nazi ...
30. First they were all white supremacists and Nazis and now they're all super spreaders. Always dehumanizing this group of people based on completely made up narratives. Once the truth comes out, it's a year later and people have already ...
31. It's just fucking Nazi madness. I think it's coming from a good place for most people, but the dangerous precedent this is setting is escaping most of them. Maybe if the vaccine actually eradicated the virus, and or stopped transmission ...
32. Fisman suggested last night that it was a Nazi dog whistle because the tweet had exactly 14 words. These are the bright minds at work behind our policy decisions.
33. You know as well as I do that you'd be making the same thread calling it "authoritarian" and nazis if it was republicans demanding corporations hand over private data of their political opposition, but it's democrats yet again, so you're ...
34. If one can be anti Nazi or anti CCP or anti Colonialism, then there is nothing wrong in being anti Islam. Why should any religon get a pass , they are just man made ideologies. If an ideology preaches supermacism why should it get a pass ...
35. because of the pride in their British heritage... ( Australian ) l You're truly blind if you think the nazis weren't proud of their Aryan roots. How are you so blind to history? Being proud of one's sexuality is a new thing . So ...
36. What really is bad are the proliferating health nazis who are sprouting up like mushrooms — toadstools — everywhere. In some places — Australia, for example, they come bearing the police power of the state and are harassing and ...

Anyway. Stay classy, War Room.

My favourite is definitely number 7, as it literally has the phrase “literally nazi level”.

I keep clicking on the Oscar De la Hoya thread hoping to find an update on the card and the thread has thing to do with Oscar or the fight.

I don't think anyone in the history of the War Room has ever changed their mind about anything. <WhatItIs>
I used to think people on the left weren't all communists and Nazis, but I changed my mind and realized that they all are.

Its mainly because the lefts arguments cannot be supported by facts, they run on pure emotion. The only way they can believe their own nonsense is to make monsters of others.

"20. really is a slap in the face to people that actually have had family that had to face the atrocities of nazis or communists. Or when swastikas are drawn on Jewish politician signs, it’s not seen as an issue. But hey, I guess we are too ..."

That one was comical because the guy who said it was all about calling it fascist nazi for feds to be called in to Portland to protect buildings.

He just flip flopped to "its disrespectful to those who suffered " when he could be mad about the other side of political spectrum doing it <45>

Its mainly because the lefts arguments cannot be supported by facts, they run on pure emotion. The only way they can believe their own nonsense is to make monsters of others.

Ah yes, the party of Trump, Qanon, evangelicals and comparing the slightest inconvenience in a middle of a pandemic to 1984 authoritarianism is totally not the one running on pure emotion...

Ah yes, the party of Trump, Qanon, evangelicals and comparing the slightest inconvenience in a middle of a pandemic to 1984 authoritarianism is totally not the one running on pure emotion...
I don't think the GOP has run on racial division since the early 60s. Victim culture is literally all the left stands for today. I honestly can't think of one leftist policy that isn't about demonizing the majority.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back