Metallica is Underrated - Greatest Metal Band of All Time

O

Overtures

From Ride the Lightening to Black Album, they had it all.

No greater metal band.

For song writing yes. Lars and Hammett are overrated AF.

barg-300.jpg

Creeping Death is an amazing song
also love Fade to Black

metal sucks. its specifically for poor people exclusively

Ride the Lightning is their peak imo

Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Call of Ktulu

3 good albums. Other than that, meh. Top 20 band for their Influence.

Nothing Else Matters is one of my favourite songs. There are much better metal bands though. Just over the horizon, dirty vocals are the final acquired musical taste.

Metallica is a great band. Even when they became more mainstream and fell into pop culture. Black album was massively popular.

I even like LOAD, but that’s not really a metal album at all.

Of course their earlier stuff is the best. Puppets being arguably the greatest metal album of all time.

I’m a big Kill em All fan myself. It’s basically a punk rock album with longer songs.

But Metallica isn’t underrated at all. They’re a massively successful band

A friend of mine had “Nothing Else Matters” as his opening song for his wedding.

opening post says it all really, they haven't made a decent album for 30 fucking years!

I wouldn't say they are underrated. They're the most successful metal act ever and sell out stadiums on the regular. I dont prefer them but they got some jams and they're my dads favorite band.

For song writing yes. Lars and Hammett are overrated AF.

Lars, yes.

Hammett, no.

During each live show they always play a rare song, and Kirk always nails the solo, note-for-note.

Think about that. Eleven studio albums, 12+ hours worth of songs, probably 2 hours of Solos, and Kirk can play any solo from any song with only a few hours notice just to review it.

As for Lars, he's not exactly one of the best drummers ever, but he's been the backbone of the band through all its nearly 40 years of issues and craziness.

opening post says it all really, they haven't made a decent album for 30 fucking years!

Go listen to Death Magnetic and Hardwired.

Many songs on those albums are worthy of being in their Top 25 they've ever released.

I agree. Not a big metal fan, though I have listened to a lot over the years due to my friends being so. Metallica just has an extra layer to them that other metal bands don't have, both in terms of lyrical content and songwriting.

People are always shitting on Lars, but his style fits the music like a glove and his ability to join riffs together is critical to the band. Other groups would kill to have a guy like him.

Hetfield is one of the atg frontmen and lyricists.

Back