Metallica is Underrated - Greatest Metal Band of All Time

IMO Metallica is all about the cohesion between the three main factors, while Lars, Kirk, James arent really singularly the best in their perspective categories the music they make together certainly is in talks for it

How are they underrated? I don’t listen to metal but I know them as the most popular metal band ever, which is the opposite of underrated,

I wouldn't say they are underrated. They're the most successful metal act ever and sell out stadiums on the regular. I dont prefer them but they got some jams and they're my dads favorite band.

Yeah, who is underrating Metallica in general? My buddy won tickets to a Metallica show on a radio station call in thing, and when he got the tickets the printed price on them was $1500 per ticket. That show sold out in something like 23 seconds on TicketMaster...unreal!

I like their songs, but I don't like how they play them. Same with AC/DC. I much prefer when others cover them.

Even Nickelback sounded cooler than them and Nickelback aren't cool:

Or this:

vs this:

Hatebreed sound heavy and awesome, fucking bulldozing through it with speed. The original is janky weak sauce. Sounds like nothing.

Again, their songs ARE awesome. The notes, rhythms, lyrics all that. But when it comes to performing - it's kind of flat.

Last edited:
Metallica became so big that some metalheads are trying to be cool by hating them. The guys are killing it, still. Saw them live recently, and let me tell you: Hetfiled at 60 years old is still downpicking those riffs for 2 and a half hours like a beast. Once in a lifetime band.

I like their songs, but I don't like how they play them. Same with AC/DC. I much prefer when others cover them.

Even Nickelback sounded cooler than them and Nickelback aren't cool:

Or this:

vs this:

Hatebreed sound heavy and awesome, fucking bulldozing through it with speed. The original is janky weak sauce. Sounds like nothing.

Again, their songs ARE awesome. The notes, rhythms, lyrics all that. But when it comes to performing - it's kind of flat.

Escape became my favorite Ride the Lightning song after listening to it through the years. Must be the unique for Metallica A chord in the chorus which kinda made it sound like a Queen song.

Escape became my favorite Ride the Lightning song after listening to it through the years. Must be the unique for Metallica A chord in the chorus which kinda made it sound like a Queen song.
At the end of the day, I would say I like them - have gone to see them live as well. Their stuff is unique enough that if you want that kind of a fix - you'll only find it by listening to them. But there's something very lacking about the output. It's like good actors with not much charisma or screen presence. Like Dennis Quaid or something - checks all the boxes and yet... I don't care about any words coming out of his mouth.

It's become "cool" to hate them but they are one of the best bands of all time and have released some of the greatest albums ever made. I don't really think this can be disputed.

I’m still sharing those tunes on Napster if any sherbros wanna log on and download some from me.

Metal is a huge genre with many distinct sub genres, calling any one band the best metal band is pretty silly imo. Back when Metallica played metal, they played thrash metal, and no they weren't the best.

How the fuck can a stadium band that changed their genre be fucking under rated?

How the fuck can a stadium band that changed their genre be fucking under rated?
They didn't change their genre. It grew up around them just like any other genre. They didn't have some unique music going on.

I loved the first few, bought em all on release until and including the Black Album, which marked the demise.
I'm so tired of them I can't listen to them any more.

Megadeth, on the other hand, does all the same stuff but better. Better guitars, bass, drums. Dave's voice is unique but Hetfield's voice is definitely better when he doesn't think he's a balladeer.

But Metallica, while having been a top five metal band, is hardly the best.

Metallica lost a few cool points due to their conduct in the 90's, regarding sharing services, the dramatic documentary and the St Anger misstep. In a way, they seemed to have become what the guitar rebels against.

With that said, when most people think of metal, they think Metallica.

Me personally? For Whom The Bell Tolls, Enter Sandman etc, will always be classics.

They're not underrated that's for sure. I'm pretty sure there the biggest selling heavy metal band of all time.

If this was Feb 1989 then sure you may have a point, but this is Feb 2020 and Metallica have released 30 years of dogshit since their last good album.

Speaking purely in terms of legacy or legendary impact, it's Sabbath.

On the extreme metal side, it has to be Opeth. Nearly every metal band of the last 25 years sounds like an Opeth ripoff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back