Status
Not open for further replies.

Technoir

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi All.

This is my first post, I am Mexican and I live in M

Which one do you like best? I have only tried Cleto Reyes. How about the other brands and how do they compare to Cleto Reyes?

Are Boxing Classics really similar to authentic Zepols? Similar feel/shape? What about the leather?

What are the best Mexican gloves for people with slender/small hands? Most gloves seem to be very large inside.

Do most Mexican boxers wear knuckle guards? Is that why the gloves are so big inside?

Have you ever tried Palomares? Are they common? My friend has a pair and they felt nice.

Sorry for so many questions.
I moved back to Texas in 2006 and I have wanted to visit Mexico ever since; but with the border problems, I haven't been able to go.

Which one do you like best? I have only tried Cleto Reyes. How about the other brands and how do they compare to Cleto Reyes?

Hi.
I must say You than Reyes and Seyer are the best constructed Mexican gloves.

Zepol. Narrower than Reyes IMO have the best design of the Mexican gloves, extremely comfortable, very soft leather and 100% natural latex padd.
Seyer. Narrower than Reyes, great quality construction, short cuff, in the begining are stiffer than all the other Mexican brands, very protective because its padd is hig compressed natural latex.
Casanova. Wide in the pocket, very protective and great support to the wrist.
JC Pacheco. Very, very nice gloves, great protection, stiff gloves in the begining, close in quality construction to Reyes and Seyer.
Morales, good gloves for hard training
Boxeo. Very Comfortable gloves all made in goat leather, well pad, a little "ugly" gloves, but very long lasting ones, Nacho Beristain have a lot of gym equipment by Boxeo.
All the Mexican boxing gear are made to last and for comfort.

Please feel free to ask.:)

I have medium sized hands and I prefer narrower boxing gloves, so my fav gloves are:
Zepol, Seyer and JC PAcheco in this order.

Sorry for my bad english :)

Are Boxing Classics really similar to authentic Zepols? Similar feel/shape? What about the leather?

What are the best Mexican gloves for people with slender/small hands? Most gloves seem to be very large inside.

Do most Mexican boxers wear knuckle guards? Is that why the gloves are so big inside?

Have you ever tried Palomares? Are they common? My friend has a pair and they felt nice.

Sorry for so many questions.
I moved back to Texas in 2006 and I have wanted to visit Mexico ever since; but with the border problems, I haven't been able to go.

Here are 2 Zepol, the originals are made by the father, the others Zepol made it by one of his sons, I prefer father

Thanks!

I used to have Boxing Classics - my old coach in Fort Worth (Wayne Harrison) was one of the US distributors. The gloves were very hard and the leather felt like plastic. The fit wasn't so bad. I was hoping Zepol was better leather and padding...

Zepol(father) have softer leather, IMO Zepol and Boxeo have the softest leather and the padding are natural latex, made to last, it is a shame You are not in M

Sorry for my bad english, Zepol have softer leather than Classics and I must tell You than his latex pad are most comfortable.

Saludos

Sorry for my bad english,

Well,your English is better than my Spanish so I won't criticise and judging by your knowledge of Mexican brands of gloves I rather doubt anybody else well....thanks and welcome..:)

Sorry for my bad english, Zepol have softer leather than Classics and I must tell You than his latex pad are most comfortable.

Saludos

Thanks alot for all the info. I love Cleto's and have always wanted to invest in a different pair of Mexican gloves.

Thanks Technoir. I am tempted to try the Zepol. Not sure how to tell the difference between the father and the son's version

Last edited:
Thanks alot for all the info. I love Cleto's and have always wanted to invest in a different pair of Mexican gloves.

It is a matter of taste if I can recomend You Mexican gloves:

If You like narrower gloves than Reyes I think You must go for Seyer or Zepol (Father)
If You like wide gloves I think You must try Casanova.

I don

Thanks Technoir. I am not tempted to try the Zepol. Not sure how to tell the difference between the father and the son's version

If You like narrower gloves than Reyes I think You must try Zepol(father) or Seyer

Seyer are more protective than Zepol and stiffer, some guys I sold Zepol said me than are already broke it.

The main diferences between Original Zepol and Zepol

If You are interested in any Mexican brand I can help You, You can send me a Private Message if You want.

I would really like some Zepols (father) but I can't afford them right now.
Plus, I have an injury to my hand so I can't even punch.
Maybe later?
Thanks so much for your help!

groinbeltcustom.jpg

Zepol_Custom_c.jpg

Zepol_Custom_b.jpg

Iron_Series.jpg

Tri3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members