Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone selling boxeos? pm me. any color or weight, wanna try em out before i invest. im looking for a sparring gloves and its either something from here or bgl 6 from fairtex. im looking for a snug fit and something that feels "light" in 16oz. know what i mean

You're talking about the ringside Reyes i'm guessing?

Yeah, to be honest Im not sure, because some guys at my gym were asking me, "Hey man, my Reyes feel different than your..." I was like yeah they look different too. So we briefly swapped gloves and they are just different. Im not sure if my buddies bought from Ringside, since I boycott Ringside to begin with. That, and I never asked. All I know is they bought from a US Retailer. Don't know if it was Title or Ringside but its safe to assume it had to be from one or the other.

anyone selling boxeos? pm me. any color or weight, wanna try em out before i invest. im looking for a sparring gloves and its either something from here or bgl 6 from fairtex. im looking for a snug fit and something that feels "light" in 16oz. know what i mean

I like my boxeos too much to get rid of. I dont know if anyone else is trying to get rid of theirs.

Yeah I didnt want to speak on his behalf but Im sure Clamp wouldnt mind getting rid of his set of Boxeo.

Lol don't worry strat. I'm here to say that kinda stuff. I just say what I feel...gets me in trouble sometimes, makes things more blatant at other times.

Yellow set has shipped. I can't wait to get some rounds under them.

Oh what did you order? size and style (lace up or velcros)?

The Yellow Campeon headgear and boxing classics cup.

Has anybody tracked their shipment from Juan and saw the destination said white house? (Casa blanca)

Haha I can imagine. Reyes should seriously consider making safetech training gloves (not fight gloves)...

Does anyone know how the latex padding in safe tech differs from regular? If there is a significant difference then maybe safetech training gloves would make more sense than the off-weight, ill-padding distributed extra padded gloves.

Reyes Safetec are N O T latex padded.

Reyes standard training gloves are latex, just like Grant, most of the Mexican brands and almost all Fairtex models and many, many other brands too.

Different kinds of latex padding in general differ only in terms of density. If it is an IMF the density is naturally the same - either denser or softer. If it is layered they usually use the layers of the same density (like very dense compressed latex layers in Grant super bag gloves or in Fairtex BGV9) or of a different density like some Rival gloves or Hayabusa Tokushu for exemple.

Last edited:
So what are the safetechs? Could reyes make more protective training gloves with that padding instead of what they are currently doing?

The Yellow Campeon headgear and boxing classics cup.

Has anybody tracked their shipment from Juan and saw the destination said white house? (Casa blanca)

my new classics that just shipped today are showing this

29/07/2013 15:21:00 AP El Pueblito, Qro. Enviado a Destino COM Quer

update my white Reyes rated at 14 oz are 16.1oz

Last edited:
Reyes Safetec are N O T latex padded.

Reyes standard training gloves are latex, just like Grant, most of the Mexican brands and almost all Fairtex models and many, many other brands too.

Different kinds of latex padding in general differ only in terms of density. If it is an IMF the density is naturally the same - either denser or softer. If it is layered they usually use the layers of the same density (like very dense compressed latex layers in Grant super bag gloves or in Fairtex BGV9) or of a different density like some Rival gloves or Hayabusa Tokushu for exemple.

I dont understand the purpose of layered padding if the densities are going to be the same...?

Boxeos rated at 16 oz are 15.8 ounces perfectly balanced between left and right glove!

Boxeos rated at 16 oz are 15.8 ounces perfectly balanced between left and right glove!

did you post your zepols weights yet?

my ringside colorbleed IMFs came in at 15.6 with hook and loop converters on them. RSK said my converters weighed about 1.5, so that means my 16s are really 14s, lol

My Title Pro Mex's are 15.1 and 15.2 with laces in

I should go weigh my reyes fight gloves

Just weighed my Reyes, both came in at 10.36 with laces in, my scale is old too, so it could be off a bit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back