Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just means for instance Reyes should offer Safetec training gloves for the guys who want protection, and latex for the guys who like that old school feel so the guys who like Reyes craftsmanship wont go to winnings because the latex doesnt protect their hands well enough.

Right majik?

Exactly my point Kshaft. Cater to more demographics and you can have more customers. With the craftsmanship of Reyes, if they decided to make their more protective safetecs in training options this would provide a pretty solid value to many customers looking to get Reyes for the durability and craftsmanship of the gloves but weary of the protection which makes them decide against Reyes in the end. More business is never a bad thing, unless you can't foot the bill required to provide it and I'm fairly sure Reyes is doing well enough to provide this without putting a significant dent in their budget to manufacture it. It was just an idea, I know nothing will likely become of it and that Reyes will continuing to do well regardless.

Back to your comment Strato. As I mentioned before, the extra padded Reyes are apparently not even close to being of great quality by Reyes standard. Weight distribution is way off, the extra padded concept makes the gloves feel wonky/top heavy and imbalanced, and the overall shape/fit is completely warped also. Gonzaginator did a review on them a while ago and apparently many agree with him (shihtzu is one that comes to mind, I think maybe minow as well agreed, can't recall exactly). Also I can probably extrapolate from the fact that you guys have 14 oz gloves weighing 16.1 oz and such that an extra padded 14oz Reyes probably is going to be tipping 17-18oz on the scale. This is why I was saying why not just scrap the extra padded line and substitute safe-tec training gloves? That definitely wouldn't dent the budget since it's merely re-allocating dollars to a different line of product and this probably would net them more business since many who know about the extra padded gloves decide to buy traditional instead since the reputation is that extra padded pales in comparison. So it almost seems wasteful to continue that line when safe-tec seems like a viable alternative. I'd buy a safe-tec training Reyes for sure if they kept it around the same price as the safetec fight gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back