Mexican Gloves - Review

I've been staring at those blue and yellow Boxeo at Edgar's shop like every single day now. I'm probably going to purchase it this February, depending on if I owe the government any addition money for taxes. This thread is awesome! Thank you all for posting your reviews and experinces
Ever since Reading this Thread i find my current collection of gloves (Twins, Everlast, Paffen Sport) disgusting lol

I've been staring at those blue and yellow Boxeo at Edgar's shop like every single day now. I'm probably going to purchase it this February, depending on if I owe the government any addition money for taxes. This thread is awesome! Thank you all for posting your reviews and experinces

Not a problem!! Hoping to be able to sort a few more pairs this year and add to the reviews. I might also be able to do some reviews of them after use.

I know that the title of this thread is "Mexican Gloves" but I just got a New Sporting Headgear from @Edgar Martinez this morning. Would it be okay to review/preview/talk about it here? I know headgear are subjective, but I rarely seen it discuss too much here and would love to give my take :)

I know that the title of this thread is "Mexican Gloves" but I just got a New Sporting Headgear from @Edgar Martinez this morning. Would it be okay to review/preview/talk about it here? I know headgear are subjective, but I rarely seen it discuss too much here and would love to give my take :)
Fire away, Bud!

Definitely!!! I'll change the name of the thread eventually to equipment instead of gloves.

PLEASE DO! :-D

Im about to Order some Campeons or Classics soon! I'll Share some pics once they arrive
Will do! I go to sea come April so I'll take a few pairs with me and there's always a bag in the gym so I'll do it then

So uhhhhhhhh thanks to this thread, I ended up buying 2 pairs of New Sporting, 1 pair of Campeon, 1 pair of Classic, and 1 pairs of Boxeo. Also bought an NS cheek protector too. All within 6 months... Yikes :sniper:I'm thinking of starting a support group of MX gloves enthusiasts and a warning for people to stay away from @Edgar Martinez <Lmaoo>

So uhhhhhhhh thanks to this thread, I ended up buying 2 pairs of New Sporting, 1 pair of Campeon, 1 pair of Classic, and 1 pairs of Boxeo. Also bought an NS cheek protector too. All within 6 months... Yikes :sniper:I'm thinking of starting a support group of MX gloves enthusiasts and a warning for people to stay away from @Edgar Martinez <Lmaoo>
You should drop some reviews on those. How long did you have to wait for the NS?

You should drop some reviews on those. How long did you have to wait for the NS?
I love to, but I think I need more time with each of them. Would only be able to review the NS and Classic right now, cause I used those the most. I didn't have to wait very long for the NS, cause I got them through Edgar. It was on my door step in 5 business days.

So, a year and 3 months later, the lining on my Necalli / Casanova gloves has finally ripped, which means I'm now punching directly into the latex which is coming apart slowly but surely.
Does anyone know what the new Casanovas with the reduced hand pocket look like?

I like the leather enough I'm considering getting another pair, but I might go for another Mexican brand if the change hasn't been significant.

So, a year and 3 months later, the lining on my Necalli / Casanova gloves has finally ripped, which means I'm now punching directly into the latex which is coming apart slowly but surely.
Does anyone know what the new Casanovas with the reduced hand pocket look like?

I like the leather enough I'm considering getting another pair, but I might go for another Mexican brand if the change hasn't been significant.

How's about some lace-up Campeon at 16oz? They're completely different than the hook n loop in terms of wrist protection. Probably the most protective MXN gloves in my collection

Hi all,
It's been a while!!!!
I will be adding a few more pairs for review in the coming months.
I've just taken advantage of Salvadors offer and got a customer HF training pair on order (16oz, lace up, funky colours, horsehair and latex padding). Although they are a Spanish company they are mexican made just have to wait a while for those to hit my door step.
I'm also looking at doing a Cleto Reyes review too which might be interesting, comparing them to some of the other mexican brands I've got/had...I look forward to this one!

How's about some lace-up Campeon at 16oz? They're completely different than the hook n loop in terms of wrist protection. Probably the most protective MXN gloves in my collection
I've checked out the Campeons and they don't look too bad. If I were to go to another brand it'd probably be those or New Sporting. Just find it odd there're no pictures of the new Casanova / Necalli style to look at.

Hi all,
It's been a while!!!!
I will be adding a few more pairs for review in the coming months.
I've just taken advantage of Salvadors offer and got a customer HF training pair on order (16oz, lace up, funky colours, horsehair and latex padding). Although they are a Spanish company they are mexican made just have to wait a while for those to hit my door step.
I'm also looking at doing a Cleto Reyes review too which might be interesting, comparing them to some of the other mexican brands I've got/had...I look forward to this one!

Nice!!! After trying a lot of MX made gloves, I don't like Reyes as much anymore. Curious to hear what other gloves lovers think.

Nice!!! After trying a lot of MX made gloves, I don't like Reyes as much anymore. Curious to hear what other gloves lovers think.
Yeah! That's my thought process!!
It's been a long long while since I've used Reyes like 8-9 years so it'd be unfair to compare them to old memories haha. I know outside of Mexico people love Reyes gloves but at the same time not many people really get to compare them to other mexican made gloves so it'll be interesting to compare them after trying a fair few mexican brands.

From what I do remember though they where very much like casanovas. We will see!!

Back