Mexican gloves various brands

Senor Hernandez (HDZ Hernandez Champs) himself said he made Grant gloves in the past. Edgar can verify this.

Daniel Hernandez (New Sporting) himself also said he makes Grants gloves. Technoir and Scarphe can verify this.

It's been said, and it's also my suspicion, that Daniel Hernandez was an employee (maybe family member) of Hernandez HDZ while they were making Grant gloves, and Daniel might have been the specific employee in the HDZ workshop who specialized in making gloves for specifically for Grant, and when Daniel left HDZ to start New Sporting, he took Grant with him as his client

I doubt that when New Sporting start his brand he make gloves for Grant. I believe that both HDZ and NS had something in common with Grant manufacturer but they decided to make his own brand and Grant manufacturer is still the same and make gloves for Grant, Russian Boxer and maybe NBNL, but in my opinion NBNL has different supplier.

Grant, NBNL, Bryant, Russian Boxer all subcontract manufacturers, as do I.

HDZ may say they worked for Grant, but I had samples made by them and they were very poor. Therefore I highly doubt it.

Russian Boxer are not made by the same manufacturers as Grant, and if they say they are, they're being dishonest. The Grant's on their website look suspect too.

NBNL use New Sporting for one of the types of fight gloves and another supplier - who use to work for Grant - for the other. I havent a clue who makes the training gloves.

I did hear that it was Seyer who makes Grant's fight gloves but I can't say for sure if thats true or not.

Most manufacturers will say at some point they've worked for Grant, but I'd imagine if they did they'd have to sign an NDA.

HDZ may say they worked for Grant, but I had samples made by them and they were very poor. Therefore I highly doubt it.

Russian Boxer are not made by the same manufacturers as Grant, and if they say they are, they're being dishonest. The Grant's on their website look suspect too.

NBNL use New Sporting for one of the types of fight gloves and another supplier - who use to work for Grant - for the other. I havent a clue who makes the training gloves.

I did hear that it was Seyer who makes Grant's fight gloves but I can't say for sure if thats true or not.

Most manufacturers will say at some point they've worked for Grant, but I'd imagine if they did they'd have to sign an NDA.

Good information. I am always curious before to try hernandez because they always said as a old grant maker. But the quality look different.

and for russian boxer, may i know why you said its different? Just my assumption, at first i saw grant shape looks changed now and i saw russian boxer shape also changed from beginning last year.

talking about nbnl and saw your nickname, are you the owner? Your training gloves very awesome. May i know why your training and fight gloves not come from same supplier? I am planning to try your horse hair gloves next. Hope you have bigger oz lol

Manufacturers can be very stubborn when it comes asking for changes to be made to existing moulds. However, the workshop that makes our fight gloves are now making a line of training gloves also.

I know Russian Boxer isn't made by the same manufacturers as Grant as I'm aware of who makes them.

Last edited:
I think Salvador owns his own Salvador brand, former MXN. Not NBNL.

Ahh sorry i just mean talking about nbnl and saw the nickname make me want to discuss about their training and fight gloves lol.

agree as i know he own the salvador and use mxn before. Great gloves both old and new.

Salvador, would you know if Daniel of New Sporting makes/made gloves for Grant?

idk who Daniel is specifically but the New Sporting and Hernandez peeps made for Grant in the past

Daniel Hernandez is the owner of New Sporting

HDZ's Senor Hernandez (not Daniel) said he made for Grant, but Salvador doesn't think so

I guess you may all be right. And as per @Kendodsworth , wouldn't make much sense changing between providers for something that is working well.

I tend to think there will be rumors about who is doing Grant, and also makers might try to be related to them if they used to work for Grant, which might help into increasing rumors, but it could all still be just "rumors". Which might be the case of HDZ and NS, that their glove making might look similar, but yet, not the same identical quality or details. However, it is still great for me having brands like HDZ and NS using a similar Grant style, so I can have something close to Grant without having to pay it's exclusive prices.

It could be that a big and profitable company as Grant, may have its own private workshop without a third maker that is producing for other several brands. Also as a way of protecting their own brand quality and replication of gloves.

These are pics of the Classics that I just ordered. They're still en route to me. Classics makes 2 models:

1. Modelo Regular
2. Modelo Especial Mexicombate

I also bought a pair of thumbless bag gloves, known as "guanteletas" in Mexico. Kyokushin people love these for some reason, so I'll be reserving these for the dojo.

The gloves pictured with laces are the Mexicombate, with an embroidered design. The gloves with velcro are the regular model, with the design made with vinyl. Either closure is available with either model. The differences between the models are:

1. Mexicombate has larger and thicker padding on the palm.

2. Mexicombate may possibly have thicker padding at the knuckle, but I requested the same knuckle padding for both versions, which is the padding they use on the regular model.

3. Mexicombate has a thumb attachment as well as welted seams in certain places. The regular model has neither. Mexicombate also uses leather piping, but I requested leather piping on the regular model as well. The regular model typically uses fabric piping.

4. They have different label patches.

5. Mexicombate has double row stitching. The regular model has only single row stitching.
View attachment 828232 View attachment 828233 View attachment 828235

I originally asked for a screenprinted design when I submitted the image file for it, but they said insisted that vinyl and embroidery would yield better results than screenprinting, and the image would last longer in vinyl than it would if it were screenprinted. I decided to give both methods a try
Thanks for all the info. Do you know how I could order Classics in the US?

Comparison pics of my:
1. Boxeo TM (made by New Sporting at the time)
2. Classics (Mexicombate)
3. Zepol ("Dad" version)

View attachment 828242 View attachment 828243 View attachment 828245 View attachment 828246
I love that color combo on the Clasics; I like that they aren’t so wide too.

By the way, do you know if this is a legitimate website for Classics? I’ve tried contacting them a couple times through the email address on the site but I haven’t received any replies.

www.boxing-classics.com

By the way, do you know if this is a legitimate website for Classics? I’ve tried contacting them a couple times through the email address on the site but I haven’t received any replies.

www.boxing-classics.com

Hey @Vols1891 I’ve also been contacting Classics through its FB, but response time and customer service is very intermittent or weak. Its been about 6~ days to me in the process of being able to order, which yet haven’t been able to process my request. I just hope it doesn’t goes the same way with the making of gloves after paid.

Am afraid is one of the things I believe these Mexican brands need to improve considerably. As responding every 1-2 days after each message and not always with clear responses, may only make you wonder of their trustability.

I’ve been thinking on writing a post to describe how each customer service has been to me when ordering for each of these Mexican brands.

www.boxing-classics.com

I've never ordered through that site. I just order directly from their Facebook. They usually reply to me within a day. I can't explain why Edgar is experiencing service and reply issues with them, but I've never had problems

https://m.facebook.com/classicsmx/

I've never ordered through that site. I just order directly from their Facebook. They usually reply to me within a day. I can't explain why Edgar is experiencing service and reply issues with them, but I've never had problems

https://m.facebook.com/classicsmx/
Okay thanks a lot! I’ll try contacting them through Facebook instead. I’m assuming I probably need to send my message in Spanish, right? If so, I can just use Google Translate.

Okay thanks a lot! I’ll try contacting them through Facebook instead. I’m assuming I probably need to send my message in Spanish, right? If so, I can just use Google Translate.

Yeah, I just use google translate

I heard a rumor before that HDZ/Hernandez makes the MX line of gear for Everlast. Not sure if that’s true or not though. It doesn’t seem to me that HDZ would have the capacity in place to handle that level of volume. From their pictures on social media, it looks like it’s one or two guys just working out of a little shop.

Last edited:
I heard a rumor before that HDZ/Hernandez makes the MX line of gear for Everlast. Not sure if that’s true or not though. It doesn’t seem to me that HDZ would have the capacity in place to handle that level of volume. From their pictures on social media, it looks like it’s one or two guys just working out of a little shop.

It's always a possibility, but I don't think so either. Everlast MX training gloves have a completely different shape from the standard Grant-style HDZ gloves.

Hello to all my boxing friends
I'm filling this table down based on my qualifications, trying to have a clear picture of reference to compare between different boxing brands. Simple and easy.

I would love to hear your thoughts, comments, or feedback if any of you have a different opinion. Any other attribute you think might be worth adding, brand, etc would be very much appreciated :)

upload_2021-2-1_22-36-42.png

Edgar

Back